Summer Holidays 2012

Demitri_C

***note this is not directly travel for individual places so doesnt belong in travel section!

i have a few trips lined up, have a stag for a close friend in newcastle next month followed by his wedding in algeria in july for couple days followed by a trip to cyprus end of the year

when and where are you off this year or you keeping it uk?

My second child is due in 5 week, I'll be looking forward to leaving the house for work each morning :D

Might get brave and take the family away in September/October time but will wait and see.

Will be going somewhere for a week in September, that's all I know.

The aim is to go to Egypt, but I think i'm going to need a good £1300 to do that, which seems a little optimistic at the moment.

So probably a week in Butlins. Bad times.

I go to Cornwall for 5 days in July.

But I'm saving for a wedding/honeymoon next year that involves getting married in Vegas then flying to Toronto, Chicago and New York over 3 weeks.

Missus and I are heading to Euro Disney in June with her brother's family (3 hyperactive kids; going to be... testing) and her mother.
Oh Jesus Christ.

Three hyperactive kids

The mother in law

Disneyland

That is the perfect storm if ever I saw it.

You must have done something bad in a previous life.

I am taking Mrs and Princess E to a villa in La Manga, Spain with another couple and their little one in oooooh 18 days time.

****. Yeah.

I go to Cornwall for 5 days in July.

But I'm saving for a wedding/honeymoon next year that involves getting married in Vegas then flying to Toronto, Chicago and New York over 3 weeks.

What a coincidence! I'm going to Cornwall for 5 days in July, then I'm going to my mates wedding in Ve...oh, it's you.

Oh Jesus Christ.

Three hyperactive kids

The mother in law

Disneyland

That is the perfect storm if ever I saw it.

You must have done something bad in a previous life.

I'm sure I've a heinous enough karmic rap-sheet from this life. :P

It's only #1 that worries me there, the future mother-in-law is lovely and I've survived the horrors of Euro Disney twice before. It is a big worry though, the last time I had to entertain the kids it was akin to a gazelle being slowly dragged down to it's death by a pack of hyenas.

So that's 2 kids plus you?
Har-de-bloody-har. Yes.

Oh and it is a free trip to Euro Disney, which does sweeten the deal somewhat.

Its far from Free if you actually want to eat and drink when you're there.

I went a couple of years ago and we spent €45 on 2 burgers & fries and 2 cokes (Planet Hollywood) which was actually one of the cheapest onsite places to eat (in the evening).

Going around the USA in Aug for a couple of weeks .. quite sedate by my usual standards ..

mind you I did knock up 8 Countries in April so I'm still on target to break the 100 countires barrier sometime in the next couple of years

Off to Cornwall with the kids in June for the Jubilee holiday and somewhere with Mrs H in July for our 10 anniversary though haven't finalised that yet .. She wants to go to France ..could be a subtle way of telling me she wants a divorce :-)

Its far from Free if you actually want to eat and drink when you're there.

I went a couple of years ago and we spent €45 on 2 burgers & fries and 2 cokes (Planet Hollywood) which was actually one of the cheapest onsite places to eat (in the evening).

Taken as a given, innit. That I can swing, the accomodation and travel would have been an issue.

Â