RIP MCA (Beastie Boys)

The_Rev

Very sad.

'Check Your Head' blew our minds from the first beats, amazing stuff.

Couldn't believe it was the same band that made 'License To Ill', which was a bit silly.

They'd go on to make a few belters and no mistake.

'To The Five Boroughs' was the last bit of music I ever bought from a WH Smith.

:(

Shocked me when I read this today. Went through a massive Beastie Boys phase when I was growing up - which also lead to me choosing this online nick about 14 years ago.

RIP MCA

A genuine innovator. He's left a true legacy. I recommend everyone doesn't already own it buys the Anthology tomorrow.
I'm afraid it's the very worst sort of 'music' I can possibly imagine, but still, wouldn't wish cancer on anybody. Sad.

Was lucky enough to see the Beastie Boys at the Sonar festival in Barcelona about 6 or so years ago. Was absolutely fantastic, definitely one of the best I've been to.

RIP MCA, thanks for the memories!

Guest av1

Maybe im just going old and senile, but out in town today and there where numerous young girls walking around with pauls boutique emblazoned on there coats (I've seen these before but didn't ever click in my mind) thinking that this lot were to young to remember the beastie boys i checked on Google and apparently its a designer label (age i tell ya)

Anyway I've been on our tinterweb today trying to find out the link. was the guy a fan, a friend or is it all a coincidence? The web can't help so hoped the knowledgeable VT members could.

Put a old man out of his misery. thanks.

Â