General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Holt just does as he pleases on twitter. As shown by his little bitch fight with Swansea fans on there tonight. Ended up tweeting Danny Graham 'You'd look good in Red'. Doubt he means anything by it. Besides I imaginehe's getting quite excited about now incase we can come in for him and get him out of Norwich (he did very well this season but at 31 and likely with a relatively large fee I hope we ignore him)

Without being rude, you do realise real life is not like football manager? There are lots and lots of things to consider, never mind who the manager should be.

of course but we have smoved slower than a slug and if this is first approach i would not be suprised if lambert told us to pi$$ off

There's no point saying 'have you seen x play'...as we are not getting the team, we are getting the man.

With our current stock of players, plus a 'big man' (Heskey/Carroll/Holt...to keep this general) we will play long ball...we have Collins remember.

Hopefully this is general enough to not be required in a specific person's thread.

why the hoofball talk?

lambert can play direct footy like MON, but direct doesn't mean route one. having a target man doesn't mean long ball either. look at how chelsea used drogba for years, or ibra in italy.

lambert won the EC as an important member of a technical footballing side, did his coaching badges in germany, you think his only way of playing is to clog it? really?

the comment abotu us not having the players to do anythign else is just plain wrong as well. yeah collins isn't a cultured european style technical CB. so the **** what. we have clark and baker. a decent manager with an appreciation of decent football would be able to put a side together with our current squad that would play better football and get a lot better results than the shite we were served up last season.

give that same man some backing and who knows :)

lambert wasn't my number one choice, but i'm not picking and lambert is by no means a one dimensional hoof it and hope coach.

I hope Delia says no and we we turn our attentions to somebody better than Lambert

Name some names then. Give us your ideas on who is better. AVB and Rafa might be better, but will they realistically come here?

who knows if they would come. I doubt they have even been asked, Martinez is way above Lambert IMO and so to is Quique Sanchez Flores. Rafa is a good shout but it depends on Lerners backing.

Lambert is a bit meh to me and I cant say im over keen to watch his style of play. I am also concerned that defensivly Norwich were awful and conceeded a whopping 66 goals. I also find that Lambert comes across as a bit of an arse in his interviews and I can some personality clashes happening if he was to join. He reminds me of Peter Grant which is never a good thing.

If Lambert joins, he'll either whip us in to some military style shape and come Christmas we'll be having a pretty solid season sat in 6th or 7th, playing as a team and with some real steel....Or, the personality clashes will be fully in motion, we'll be languishing in 19th after conceding 45 goals, halftime riots in the dressing room led by Dunne and Collins while Bent, Zog and Ireland all hand in transfer requests on the 1st of January. I just can't make my mind up about this guy.

Why is everyone going crazy thinking Lambert is automatically coming to villa. I still think villa will talk to Benitez and Poyet as well. Lambert might not even leave Norwich. I wouldnt be putting much money on lambert just yet.

Why is everyone going crazy thinking Lambert is automatically coming to villa. I still think villa will talk to Benitez and Poyet as well. Lambert might not even leave Norwich. I wouldnt be putting much money on lambert just yet.

Rafa, leave it out.