General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I think if it's gone public then a deal with Lambert is done and it's formalities!

I hope this. Otherwise could be embarrassing.

Must be a done deal otherwise why would a watertight campaign suddenly let this out?

I hope Delia says no and we we turn our attentions to somebody better than Lambert

same here, even if he's made an offer I'd say there's a high probability he will knock it back anyway

Sky always seem to be a fair while behind everything - I severely doubt serious discussions have not already taken place. Much like what has been said above, I imagine the fact we are approaching Norwich means there's interest from Lambert's side - after all he's never ruled himself out.

He was my number one choice from the start - seems to be a progressive, hungry manager and just what we need to motivate/build the squad. I'm certainly not going to base my view on the fact he is from Scotland as opposed to somewhere a bit more 'exotic' - I really don't understand the mindset of the fans preaching that nonsense.

Seems only Villa could mess this up now!

"Norwich is a bigger club than Villa"

"We have ambition Villa don't"

"Villa are going down we are going up"

"Can't see PL wanting to leave us for Villa."

Norwich fans... truly laughable. One good season in the Premier League and they think they are bigger than Villa

this is laughable

but so is this

stubbo26 wrote:

CI wrote:

He should stay at Norwich & prove himself in season 2 IMHO

This.

When they win the League Cup 5 times, the FA Cup 7 times, the League 7 times, the Community Shield and the Champions League then they can say they are our equals.. Until then they will never be better than us. I don't care if most of our silverware was achieved before the 90's it was still achieved and we can achieve that again..

I hope Delia says no and we we turn our attentions to somebody better than Lambert

Name some names then. Give us your ideas on who is better. AVB and Rafa might be better, but will they realistically come here?

Sky are saying you'll make an official approach in the next 24 hrs, our CEO has said all approaches would be rejected.

After that, Gawd knows.

Sky say this and Sky say that. They werent saying to much about the Villa manager over the past week when liverpool were looking for one. They are now trying to generate stories on Villas search as they have nothing to talk about regarding liverpool. 24hrs, why not 23hr 36min or 18 hrs 22mins. All made up.

I wouldnt go putting to much money on Lambert just yet. Yes we might talk to him but Villa did say they were going to talk to a few and i am starting to believe them after they said they werent waiting on liverpools sloppy seconds which is now proving correct.

jonno_2004

Post subject: Posted: May 30, 2012 - 08:46 PM

Player Manager

Sky always seem to be a fair while behind everything - I severely doubt serious discussions have not already taken place. Much like what has been said above, I imagine the fact we are approaching Norwich means there's interest from Lambert's side - after all he's never ruled himself out.

He was my number one choice from the start - seems to be a progressive, hungry manager and just what we need to motivate/build the squad. I'm certainly not going to base my view on the fact he is from Scotland as opposed to somewhere a bit more 'exotic' - I really don't understand the mindset of the fans preaching that nonsense.

Seems only Villa could mess this up now!

Someone with some sense, well done, couldnt have put it better myself.

The fact that Rodgers is going to Liverpool, Martinez announces he is staying at Wigan & Villa say Lambert is their number one target all on the same day just seems a bit weird to me. I like to think Lambert was our number one target but is he? Or, was it Martinez but he didn't like what we offered? Or, was it Rodgers but he preferred Liverpool? I am hoping it is a case of Liverpool announcing who they want so Villa come forward with our first choice thinking we are safe from being outdone by them. Who really knows!

Wats happened? Ive stepped out & seems to have gone

mad

Intel was last week that Lerner is meeting Lambert

tomorrow. Has this been confirmed by AVFC?

When was this mentioned last week? News to me.

I think we've already spoken to him. The 'approach' will be for his services. He's said yes already and we'll be doing effectively what Liverpool have been doing with the Swansea board today and sorting out any compensation etc.

Why would we leak info about a potential approach to talk only? Kendrick said this morning manager should be in place by Monday so I think this has been on-going in the background.

Lets hope I'm right or it could be another embarrassing instalment for us.