General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Martinez or Quique Flores. Just want to move out of the 1970's, that we've had to endure with O'neill and McLeish. Houllier had the right idea but changed too much too quickly and was just a complete buffoon. I'd like to see us give one of these two managers time, to instil a philosophy and get us playing some good football. Don't think it's too much to ask.

• Like 1

Ray Wilkins

Very articulate and intelligent...

an excellent knowledge of the game and football abroad...

very likeable....

he comes across as extremely positive, encouraging..and a good man manager..

he was a vital cog whilst Mourinho was at Chelsea and many players say how well respected he is....

tells it how it is and very honest...

what's not to like?

Have to agree..

And everyone who says Quique Flores, just rememeber a certain Juande Ramos was like a spurs, yes bottom of the table.they are the same type of manager, this would be a very bad idea.

been saying it all along - even when o'neill left...slavan bilic. think he would be brilliant

Zero club management experience. Well 5 months in his homeland.

It's a No from me.

I'd go for Martinez but only just.

Well first we need to get rid of McLeish and survey the wreckage.

If we stay up ….id be happy with any of

Philip Cocu

Frank De Boeur

Roberto Martinez

Philip Cocu

Ian Hooloway

Nigel Adkins

Malky Mackay

Ian Hooloway

WTF! Presume you mean that gimp at Blackpool who called us a 'half arsed club'? :twisted:

He was referring to Ian Hoolaway who is a completely different gimp to Ian Holloway.

No1 choice and the outstanding candidate in my opinion would be Paul Lambert. I just think Lambert and Villa would be so well suited. I think he could deliver instant results and get us pushing for top 8 without too much investment. I wouldn't mind Martinez either, but I think we would have to take a more patient approach with him. Our current players are all set for a Paul Lambert type team (grafters, counter attacking) and the whole mentality of the playing staff would have to change under Martinez (which may not be a bad thing but I'm not sure the fans would give him the time to do it).

Phillip Cocu is an interesting shout. I'd like Martinez, Lambert or Rodgers to be honest, and I'd consider Malky Mackay, Steve McLaren and Owen Coyle if we couldn't get our first choices.

1. LVGaal

2. Big Phil Scholari

3. Fabio Capello

Wow! These are exactly the sort of high profile managers managers we do not want. They have all failed in their last jobs and would be expensive.

We need a young up and coming manager who plays good football and is not afraid of the top six clubs.

Which manager has recently beat Man Utd, Newcastle and Arsenal. Come in Roberto Martinez. He has changed the system at Wigan and they are playing incredible football. Look what he did with N'Zogbia and how he has transformed Maloney.

Only this time Randy, don't let the world and his wife know we are coming.