General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

Am I the only one confused. Or is it something to do with a lack of caffeine and it still being early in the morning :?:

Haha thank you.

progress what progress? spoken to one candidiate and no-one else approached that we know of?

i really would like to know what on earth they ahve been doing since mcleish was sacked!

They keywords being "we know of".

Exactly. Im remaining optimistic that they're flying under the radar in a Darren Bent stylee.

I can imagine that Randy has a good deal of respect from other chairmen, and apart from the odd gobshite like Dave Whelan, the other chairmen would be equally keen to conduct their business in radio silence.

Hopefully, after last year, Randy is a lot wiser. I can actually see him not going for Martinez again out of principle because of DW's media whoring loud mouth.

If people like Klinsmann are doing the advising, then perhaps we should be thinking further afield than RM, PL and RDM. How often did we slate MON for not looking abroad for talent, yet we're panicking on here because we haven't heard any gossip about obtaining the services of the only managers we can think of.

Well, that's me with my optimist hat on. There is every chance that none of that is true and we'll end up with Steve Keen and Terry Connor. Think we'll be pleasantly surprised though as the board know from Randy's statement after AMc that he owes us, the club and himself a good appointment.

I think the problem here with the process is not the time it's taking to actually find & appoint the right manager..Obviously we all want the club to find the right guy & if that takes a bit of time then so be it... but rather the fact that we have a dog awful squad of players here that has narrowly avoided relegation for the last 2 seasons & we have just released another 3 of our best back up players in Heskey, Cuellar & Guzan so that squad is now even weaker than it was last season.

OK we have Brett H incoming but he is a midfielder so replaces none of those 3 although was badly needed.

So i think that is where the concern of some is arising from.. not the actual process of the manager search in itself but rather the urgency due to the state of the team underlying the whole situation.. It's a conundrum it really is.. We could find the right guy but even he may struggle with whats at his disposal player wise & he is getting less & less time to rectify the situation as each day passes. So this is in no way impatience or petulance at the speed of the manager hunt but rather genuine concern as to the current state of the team & the time it is going to take to sort it out. At least thats my concern.

We also have the Euro's which will shorten the window for transfer activity to a point surely as one transfer usually bounces off movement involving another transfer etc ..Well the Euro's will clog up that movement to a point thus stifling the transfer market for a while.

Maybe it won't matter ..who knows but i think it's this which is causing what on the surface appears to be impatience ..It's not, it's just fans who care deeply about the club panicking a touch i guess... At least thats my take on it especially when it appears all the main "young & vibrant" type managers are either showing more of an interest in other vacancies or a lack of an interest in ours!

I want the right man..of course & if that takes some time so be it. But i also don't want him to be handicapped with a lack of time to assess the current squad, make changes & prepare for the new season :?

As much as it frustates us Villa fans, I think Villa is doing the right thing keeping this very much under the radar, just look at what fiasco Liverpool manager hunt has become; they announce that they are looking into 12 managers, and three managers publicly distances themselves from the Liverpool.

I think that's largely due to the fact that the Pool job is a much higher profile one, Sky etc were always going to pay more attention to it.

I for one think they'll come up with someone we haven't given that much thought, or no thought at all.

What like McLeish? :lol:

:lol: Well, the best thing is that this year we can't hire him again. :D

Or could we.... :!:

Careful with the :!:...that's dangerous talk Trent!

I for one think they'll come up with someone we haven't given that much thought, or no thought at all.

What like McLeish? :lol:

:lol: Well, the best thing is that this year we can't hire him again. :D

Or could we.... :!:

I was afraid of that. The "this will happen"- :!: :cry:

Exactly. Im remaining optimistic that they're flying under the radar in a Darren Bent stylee.

I can imagine that Randy has a good deal of respect from other chairmen, and apart from the odd gobshite like Dave Whelan, the other chairmen would be equally keen to conduct their business in radio silence.

Hopefully, after last year, Randy is a lot wiser. I can actually see him not going for Martinez again out of principle because of DW's media whoring loud mouth.

If people like Klinsmann are doing the advising, then perhaps we should be thinking further afield than RM, PL and RDM. How often did we slate MON for not looking abroad for talent, yet we're panicking on here because we haven't heard any gossip about obtaining the services of the only managers we can think of.

Well, that's me with my optimist hat on. There is every chance that none of that is true and we'll end up with Steve Keen and Terry Connor. Think we'll be pleasantly surprised though as the board know from Randy's statement after AMc that he owes us, the club and himself a good appointment.

I really hope that they're using someone like Klinsmann as consultant on manager search, as he probably has lot of connections and probably knows the leagues outside the UK - The situation at Villa probably needs someone who comes completely outside from the UK.

Still reckon its goning to be Roberto Di Matteo. This day next week his contracts up with Chelsea and I for one cant see him being offered a new one as he was clearly not consulted with the letting go of Bosingwa & Kalou who were often used by him during his tenure as interim first team coach, the board will see it as a chance to employ a manager who has won the champions league yet also meets theyre young, vibrant statement. RDM by June 5th.

Not sure how I would feel if it was RDM... asked 3 weeks ago I'd have said yeh get him in, anything better than the scottish manager. If we were end up with RDM then I'll support him and give him time, especially if he signs up Bosingwa now hes a free agent and gets shot of Hutton :)

RDM woukd be OK. Turned around Chelsea's failing season & won them the FA Cup & the CL?

Hmmm. Should be good enough even for the "mighty" Villa. :winkold:

No, the players turned it around once AVB went, they then decided to play for who ever imho. RDM just happened to be the one there.