General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I don't understand why it's so important to get a new manager right now.

It's been what? A week since the ginger mug left? So what we want is the board to run out and get the first available candidate? Given their recent track record (especially given their last appointment) is this knee-jerk reaction really what fans want?

Preseason doesn't start for a few weeks (months?) yet. Getting the right manager in place is much, much more important than getting someone now.

Whatever happened to forward planning and contingency planning? The exit of AMC was predictable for a very long time before it actually happened. Surely it's not too much to ask for the board to be prepared for this, and to have a firm idea of who they want - then go out and get them? Pro-active or re-active?

What a way to run a business!

Its so true. They knew for weeks Mcleish was getting sacked, for god sake he went first thing monday morning. It was a done deal for ages.

The board should have been scouting around, interviewing people. Who cares if you piss off another chairman or chief exec.

Im going to reserve judgement on Lerner until the new manager is in place however It really seems like the bloke has no forward planning. You dont just start the managerial search tuesday morning, this is something that should have been planned weeks ago.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again, all the signs point to our club being run by idiots who know nothing about football.

This is Lerners last chance for me...Get it right.

I don't get this what's the rush, the longer #avfc leave it the less hope I have of them getting the right person! Remember last season what's the rush? Then panic sets in and we'll employ an idiot like Mick McCarthy! On top of that our squad needs major repair work, new manager can prep for pre season by watching analysing games of last few seasons to see qualities of players!

It's been what? A week since the ginger mug left? So what we want is the board to run out and get the first available candidate? Given their recent track record (especially given their last appointment) is this knee-jerk reaction really what fans want?

Preseason doesn't start for a few weeks (months?) yet. Getting the right manager in place is much, much more important than getting someone now.

Whatever happened to forward planning and contingency planning? The exit of AMC was predictable for a very long time before it actually happened. Surely it's not too much to ask for the board to be prepared for this, and to have a firm idea of who they want - then go out and get them? Pro-active or re-active?

What a way to run a business!

And that contingency planning can only last 1 week? The departure of Dagliesh hasn't affected things?

This isn't FM. Things don't just happen overnight.

This isn't FM. Things don't just happen overnight.

Seems to me the OGS thing came about pretty quickly? OK, it didn't result in anything concrete, but at least there were signs of making an effort. More of the same please - no good just sitting back and watching what's happening elsewhere.

Have a clear objective and go for it - before a competitor does!

McLeish was fired 2 weeks ago and as mentioned the board knew, several weeks before that, so they really should be ready with their list of candidates or a replacement as soon as possible. The longer this drags, the more anxios and insecure gets the fans and probably the employees and players as well.

It'd be good to get new manager before Euro 2012 starts, in case we want to look players at the euros.

Also the quicker we get manager, the quicker he can asses what we need to buy.

Surely, players at the Euros should already be known to scouts?

Also, how would a new manager assess a squad that doesn't return to training until July 1st?

I understand the sentiment in the original post and want to see the right man get the job but also undestand the calls for a swift appointment..

It's a toughie and i'm sure the club/board are aware of this and also want to get the right man too.

Some of the posts on this thread are little short of embarrassing. The club do the right thing and sack McLeish. They then make a very clear statement about the type of manager they want and then judging by the OGS saga they are out there trying to secure such a manager. I think a little patience is called for.

Despite the information from various so called ITKs which is patchy and unreliable to say the least we know next to nothing about who or who has not been approached. At the end of the day just because Villa come calling does not mean any particular manager is going to come to us. Added to that two other PL clubs are also looking for managers.

It may just take time to get the right person or has that fact escaped many posters? If we are still debating this in a month's time I would agree the sentiment but at the moment all we are doing is confirming what many think of us as fans.

I doubt it very much, however:

@JamesNursey

Looks like #AVFC been holding out for Martinez (long shot) with Lambo on backburner as AV think they can get him (whatever Lambo says).

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

Some of the posts on this thread are little short of embarrassing.

It's a discussion board, isn't it? Sorry that you feel embarrassed by some of it. Perhaps we should all shut up - I'm sure the Club will make a statement of a new appointment in the fullness of time.....

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

Am I the only one confused. Or is it something to do with a lack of caffeine and it still being early in the morning :?:

Am I the only one confused. Or is it something to do with a lack of caffeine and it still being early in the morning :?:

I got fooled by the James Nursey's tweets earlier.

Ok, so who will it be today?

My guess is Zola.....

I think it depends which way the wind blows.

Though there are rumours that Gustavo Poyet held up commuters at Brighton Station by arguing with the ticket clerk over the price of a cheap day return ticket to Birmingham. Might be more on Twitter....

Some of the posts on this thread are little short of embarrassing. The club do the right thing and sack McLeish. They then make a very clear statement about the type of manager they want and then judging by the OGS saga they are out there trying to secure such a manager. I think a little patience is called for.

Despite the information from various so called ITKs which is patchy and unreliable to say the least we know next to nothing about who or who has not been approached. At the end of the day just because Villa come calling does not mean any particular manager is going to come to us. Added to that two other PL clubs are also looking for managers.

It may just take time to get the right person or has that fact escaped many posters? If we are still debating this in a month's time I would agree the sentiment but at the moment all we are doing is confirming what many think of us as fans.

I agree mate, The board are actually making a decision which will have a massive effect on the future of the club, i don`t want them to rush it.

They are obviously working on it, in the real grown up world things don`t just fall into your lap when you click your fingers.

My guess is Zola.....

Though there are rumours that Gustavo Poyet held up commuters at Brighton Station by arguing with the clek over the price of a cheap day return ticket to Birmingham. Might be more on Twitter....

A return???? Damn it, he already knows he is going to turn us down :D

My guess is Zola.....

Though there are rumours that Gustavo Poyet held up commuters at Brighton Station by arguing with the clek over the price of a cheap day return ticket to Birmingham. Might be more on Twitter....

A return???? Damn it, he already knows he is going to turn us down :D

Although that is only going to impress Lerner knowing how cost conscious he is.