General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I doubt any manager will be given enough time to turn the club around quick enough to placate the fans in the era of premier league football.

FWIW - Martinez would be the manager for me, I just wonder whether he could install a footballing ethos into the current set of players.

Should Mcleish go.. then this is IMO the biggest managerial appointment we will make in our premier league history. I would hope a large number of players will leave the club, meaning the new manager will have the opportunity to buy the players that suit his style of football and thus have a chance to start a new era, we then can start adding players in year on year with natural wastage out the other way. It will be our job as fans to bide our time, and let the so could revolution play its course.

Martinez.

He can get the best of Zog, would be the ideal manager to sign Diame on a free, could do wonders with Stephen Ireland and our talented youngsters.

AND.. Like his influence on Swansea's current set-up, he can make Aston Villa into a proper footballing side.

This .... I would love to see our talented young players coached by Martinez. I'd even get a season ticket again! Happy days. :lol:

Ray Wilkins

Very articulate and intelligent...

an excellent knowledge of the game and football abroad...

very likeable....

he comes across as extremely positive, encouraging..and a good man manager..

he was a vital cog whilst Mourinho was at Chelsea and many players say how well respected he is....

tells it how it is and very honest...

what's not to like?