General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Has to be Martinez for me. I read that he will watch up to 10 full replays of a wigan game at home on a 60 inch touch screen computerised tv, so that he can draw on the screen. When he feels he's learnt everything he can about what he and his players need to work on from that game, he will tweak things accordingly.

That attention to detail allied to his technical coaching ability would benefit the Villa squad immeasurably.

He'll have to work on a hell of a lot of things

Why is everyone worried about McCarty & Megson.

Back to the Official Statement yesterday:

Villa chairman Randy Lerner said: "We need to be clear and candid with ourselves and with supporters about what we have lacked in recent years.

"Compelling play and results that instil a sense of confidence that Villa is on the right track have been plainly absent."

These 2 are not about compelling play. I really think it will be one of Lambert, Martinez or Poyet.

'Compelling play' was a worrying term, as it alluded to the manager prior to Houliier.

McCarthy has a very similar style to that manager, so perhaps 'compelling' it is.

Suddenly ABM (Anyone But McLeish) isn't looking so attractive... :winkold:

Also, don't know if it's been mentioned, but does anyone else wonder if AM was always just a temporary appointment because another, first choice manager had told Lerner to wait until next season? It'd make sense of the amazing risk RL took on AM.

shame he only does it final 1/4 of the season though

We just need to buy him a calendar where all of the months are April. Seemples!

It's also a black mark against Moyes. His footballing calendar would have to start at January.

There's no way we'd take McCarthy. After the season we've just had it would be an even stranger appointment than McLeish was last year.

Also, don't know if it's been mentioned, but does anyone else wonder if AM was always just a temporary appointment because another, first choice manager had told Lerner to wait until next season? It'd make sense of the amazing risk RL took on AM.
If that was the case then Martinez would surely be the favourite to take over?

Have to say, I think I would like Martinez here. Would be an exciting and interesting appointment.

I can't wait for tonights suspended betting!!

The most fun we've had as Villa fans recently is when we don't have a manager.

Last years anticipation for Ancelotti in hindsight seems really funny.

it's clear some wealthy individuals are having a laugh to make some money during a quiet period.

Someone's ramped it up on McCarthy and will probably make a few quid and then bugger of when normal service is resumed. Talk sport are reacting to the odds changing but have amazingly forgotten to mention this possiblity.

Place a bet on a long odds manager to shorten the odds. When his price comes in lay him big time and make a load of dosh from unsuspecting punters who think there's a bit of insider going on.

i.e

McCarthy stars the day at 20/1 so you bet £1,000 on him = potential win of £20,000 if hes appointed.

this bet (and possibly others involved too) result in his odds shortening to say 5/1.

At this point in time you lay McCarthy for £2,000 and 5/1 and if he's not appointed you get £2,000.

Overall, if McCarthy is appointed you get a profit of £10,000 (£20,000 less £10k lost on the lay (£2k exposire at 5/1) (but that's the long shot).

if he's not appointed you're still up by £1,000 (your £2,000 from the lay less your origingal stake on McCarthy when he was 20/1).

The risk is whether the odds shorten but a little bit of runour and enough people betting and hey, there you go.

McCarthy's odds will now no doubt start to slide out once all the pro gamblers have finished.

End of Story!

Has anybody mentioned Ole Gunnar Solksjaer?

I mentioned him the other day. Seems to be quite an astute young manager who will be England soon enough I reckon.

PLus he could come on and score a late winner every now and then. ;)

it's clear some wealthy individuals are having a laugh to make some money during a quiet period.

Someone's ramped it up on McCarthy and will probably make a few quid and then bugger of when normal service is resumed. Talk sport are reacting to the odds changing but have amazingly forgotten to mention this possiblity.

Place a bet on a long odds manager to shorten the odds. When his price comes in lay him big time and make a load of dosh from unsuspecting punters who think there's a bit of insider going on.

i.e

McCarthy stars the day at 20/1 so you bet £1,000 on him = potential win of £20,000 if hes appointed.

this bet (and possibly others involved too) result in his odds shortening to say 5/1.

At this point in time you lay McCarthy for £2,000 and 5/1 and if he's not appointed you get £2,000.

Overall, if McCarthy is appointed you get a profit of £18,000 (but that's the long shot).

if he's not appointed you're still up by £1,000 (your £2,000 from the lay less your origingal stake on McCarthy when he was 20/1).

The risk is whether the odds shorten. McCarthy's odds will now no doubt start to slide out once all the pro gamblers have finished.

End of Story!

That makes no sense. And thats why I don't bet!

i.e

Overall, if McCarthy is appointed you get a profit of £18,000 (but that's the long shot).

The risk is whether the odds shorten. McCarthy's odds will now no doubt start to slide out once all the pro gamblers have finished.

End of Story!

Betfair have traded £0 (Zero, nothing, **** all) on McCarthy being the next Villa manager.

i.e

End of Story!

Betfair have traded £0 (Zero, nothing, **** all) on McCarthy being the next Villa manager.

almost £2000 has been matched on McCarthy

£8000 on Lambert and

£5,000 on Martinez.

its just gamblers having a punt and making some reddies, nothign more!