General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

back on the site now AM gone, don't know what to think about who I want as manger now... If asked a year ago I would have said someone like Deschamps or AVB, now I am not so sure. After the damage that the AM era has done to us I think the main things I want the next manger to full fill are a) is going to attempt to play good football and B) will look at the long term plan and can work with the younger players and integrate signings from abroad as well as from UK c) get rid of Hutton, Dunne, Colins and Warnock.

I think I would be happy with any of the current favourites, Martinez, Lambert, Poyet but each still have certain characteristics that I hope they could improve on, for example Martinez needs to prove he can build a team to play consistently well not just have good spells here and there, Lambert worries me that he might be MON part 2 and only sign UK based players as he doesn't seem to have much experience with players from abroad although on the flip side he did play abroad and I believe he may have trained as a coach abroad as well so maybe its only because of finances he hasn't brought foreign players at Norwich. Poyet I just worry that he is possibly bit to much of a risk at the moment, but then he like all the others he could become an even better manager and we don't go for him now then we may miss the boat on them in as few years time as the bigger clubs will be looking. Just not sure.

I don't envy the boards job right now, I hope the Villa job is not viewed to much as a difficult job, the media have done their best to make it look so.

Agreed, Megson or McCarthy would be a disaster at Villa. Can we at least get someone who hasn't helped take a team down in the last 3 years?

Lambert is the man we need. If Faulkner/Lerner can't see this after yesterday's inspiring message then we are ****, in the arse, with a cactus.

Timothy Abraham ‏ @TimothyAbraham

Despite the odds shortening on Mick McCarthy I think it's highly unlikely he's in the frame for #AVFC - doesn't fit board criteria.

Perhaps it is a board ploy

They know the majority seem to want Lambert or Martinez

They also know they do not want or cannot get those two

They leak that it is Megson or Mcarthy knowing the fans will be in uproar

Then appoint Curbs or Bruce and hope the fans think "thank **** for that, it is not Megson or Mcarthy". Where as if they hadn't spread the Megson or Mcarthy link and just appointed Curbs or Bruce the fans would have gone mental because they wanted Martinez or Lambert?

Ever thought that Mcarthy could be DOF with Lee Clark as manager. ?

I can't beleive Lerner would be daft enough to recruit McCarthy as Manager - but DOF I could see him doing that.

Liverpool always shaft us - and I reckon Lambert is bound for there - ands thats why he was non commital on Villa - Where as Martinez has heavily hinted he is staying at Wigan.

My money is on Lee Clark now.

Do people not remember last summer? There was a new bookies favourite every day. Hughes, McClaren, Benitez, Martinez, etc, all had a go. McCarthy rumour is just a sign that we are into silly season. Just because the most ridiculous rumour last summer turned out to be the real one, doesn't mean it will be the same this time.