Football clubs not named after their town/city

TRS-T

It does count, we're from Aston, we play in Aston, we're Aston Villa. He's just being an idiot.

Birmingham Villa just sounds so so so wrong, on so so so many levels.

They're from Small Heath, they play in Small Heath, they're Small Heath Alliance.

Do you disagree with Small Heath becoming Birmingham City then?

Actually they play in Bordesley. ;)

It does count, we're from Aston, we play in Aston, we're Aston Villa. He's just being an idiot.

They're from Small Heath, they play in Small Heath, they're Small Heath Alliance.

Actually they play in Bordesley. ;)

In that case, we play in Witton :winkold:

You do know that all Villa fans object to it as they broke an agreement between the clubs not to take the name of the city.

You know, I've never managed to dredge up anything about this accusation/supposed agreement. I know it's an odd question asking this, but "is it true?"

You do know that all Villa fans object to it as they broke an agreement between the clubs not to take the name of the city.

You know, I've never managed to dredge up anything about this accusation/supposed agreement. I know it's an odd question asking this, but "is it true?"

I don't think it's true.

I think it's just that we never decided to change our name but Small Heath did.

I dunno if it's still there, but in a pub towards Nechells/Aston Cross, possibly called the Mitre or the Albion, I can't remember which, they used to have, above the bar some old Newspaper clippings with an article about this. The story in the old paper certainly claimed it was true. I guess the article is maybe 40 or 50 years old. The story has been around for a very long time.

All?

Personally, I can think of very few things that I am less bothered by.

I dunno if it's still there, but in a pub towards Nechells/Aston Cross, possibly called the Mitre or the Albion, I can't remember which, they used to have, above the bar some old Newspaper clippings with an article about this. The story in the old paper certainly claimed it was true. I guess the article is maybe 40 or 50 years old. The story has been around for a very long time.

there is a newspaper article in the manor tavern saying we had the coat of arms of the city on our kit at some point - think that might mention the agreement

Â