Mancheseter Derby/Midweek football 30 April/2 May

andykeenan

Very poor United side today. Never looked into it. Don't know why he swapped out Nani for Young, I'd have thought Hernandez would have been more useful at that point. Smalling was humbled by Kompany on both sides of the pitch. Unusual to see Ferguson lose his cool on the touchline like that.

The smart money is on City now, but you never know. I like that it'll go down to the wire...

Utd looked VERY ordinary last night. Poor team selection by SAF, he doesn't often get it wrong but did this time. After saying he never plays for a draw it looked very much like that was his aim last night.

I missed the 2nd half. Why was Mancini and Sir Alex yelling at one another?

Just a heat of the moment thing. They were all smiles and handshakes at full time.

I missed the 2nd half. Why was Mancini and Sir Alex yelling at one another?

Just a heat of the moment thing. They were all smiles and handshakes at full time.

SAF said that he felt that Mancini was "at the referee" the whole game and when he got up to make a point to the ref Mancini turned on him for doing so.

United have experience and a great manager, but are they really better than City? I've seen a fair amount of both and it isn't much of a debate.

This United team is a testament to how good a manager SAF is, but the qualty of player has steadily declined over the past few years, save a few exceptions. But put the teams side to side, and you'll have more players getting into Manure from City than the other way round. Does this make a good team in itself? No, but It is clear as day that City are on the up and should have wrapped it up by now, but the first title is always the hardest to win.

If Manure go on to win it, fair play (but it would be a disgrace), but they sure as hell need to buy a few top class players before the other teams sort their shit out.

Doubled convincingly by their direct rivals, yes. Has it happened before?

City are comfortably the better team, it's down to their lack of botle that they haven't run away with it.

erm...Ipswich beat us 3 times in the 80/81 season :oops:

Â