Collymore critises Villa fans.

VillaGoMarching

I shall add Collymore to my ever growing mental list of people seemingly unaware of the actual definition of 'fickle'.

Here here. This is one of my ultimate pet hates. So many people bandy it around nowadays without actually knowing what it means.

But people who don't know it's "Hear, hear", not "Here here" may not be best placed to give us lectures on the meanings of words! :winkold:

So Stan, when ARE fans allowed to say they disagree with the owners decisions? Before the appointment, the start of the season? mid season? or now at the end of the season when sacking Mcleish could keep us in the league?

Or are we all meant to sit there singing our pretty little songs regardless of the poor decisions made?

I shall add Collymore to my ever growing mental list of people seemingly unaware of the actual definition of 'fickle'.

Here here. This is one of my ultimate pet hates. So many people bandy it around nowadays without actually knowing what it means.

But people who don't know it's "Hear, hear", not "Here here" may not be best placed to give us lectures on the meanings of words! :winkold:

zing! :lol:

on a side note, i find people abusing the guy really embarassing just because he doesnt share our opinion on mcleish doesnt mean he should be called every name under the sun, he is entitled to his opinion although i think its b0ll0x

100% agree

on a side note, i find people abusing the guy really embarassing just because he doesnt share our opinion on mcleish doesnt mean he should be called every name under the sun, he is entitled to his opinion although i think its b0ll0x

Unfortunately that is a trait of internet forums. There are always elements that think the only valid view is their own. VT is no different.

Useless player and pervert who is entitled to his own opinion but should in this case keep his mouth shut as he isn't helping the club.

If he hasn't yet understood from his twitter account that he is universally disliked then he is thicker than his accent sounds.

Sorry but I dislike this person intensely, 99% of the time he was an absolute disgrace to the shirt when he was at VP and it's sounds like he hasn't changed.

I think the bile aimed at Stan is pretty appauling to be honest - his personal life is exactly that. Personal, and makes no difference to the quality of his arguement.

He was a talented player but massively under achieved for whatever reason. He has since gone on to a second successful career in the media.

Having played the game he is well placed to comment on what impact booing from the stands and like has on players, regardless of who it is directed at and I can see where he is coming from.

We appear to disagree of McLeish but to constantly refer to his past as a substitute for sensible well reasoned arguement with him is just childish.

zing! :lol:

LOL!

It annoys me that despite not following him on twitter, the #avfc feed is often spammed by people talking @ him. Sadly the android tweetdeck can not yet filter out keywords. He'd be top of the list along with that PritpalBhurji guy or whatever he's called.

Can't believe people rise to the obvious bait. Look at who he works for. The Mirror and Talksport are intentionally provocative and sensationalist, if you hadn't noticed. Unfortunately, it's what sells newspapers and gets all the muppets to phone premium numbers to be shouted at by Stan.

Personally, I don't think Stan is as stupid as he comes over as on the radio. When he worked for 5Live he was quite a decent analyst. He went for a better paid job and with it threw away his integrity.

Can't believe people rise to the obvious bait. Look at who he works for. The Mirror and Talksport are intentionally provocative and sensationalist, if you hadn't noticed. Unfortunately, it's what sells newspapers and gets all the muppets to phone premium numbers to be shouted at by Stan.

I get Stan's tweets and he recently (last day or so) tweeted that people who phone talk sport don't pay for the calls. Don't know if its true but there you go. I generally find him a decent pundit. if he was that bad he wouldn't be on TV.

As for McLeish, some of the vitriol has been pathetic and sometimes i feel ashamed to be a villan becasue of automatically being assoicated with it. i don't like McLeish's tactics this season and if we are relegated then he has to go (on that alone) but if we're not i'm prepared to see how he can do when he has a stronger team playing and a chance to do something other than fight one fire after another.

We've not been settled since O'Neill left and how long ago was that. i'm not particularly happy with the style of play (although there are times when we've played well but simply not taken our chances (i.e. Bolton, West Brom) but at the same time i also think that a lot of what has happened since Christmas has been forced on us rather than being down to McLeish.

I always thought this would be a hard season of mid table at best, but when you factor in the injuries to the senior players is it really that surprising! Let's not forget that last season we were in a relegation fight until game 37. We managed to pull off two victories, away to Arsenal and home to Liverpool and ended up 9th which did nothing more than paper over the gapiing cracks.

We have a bunch of promising kids but the're kids after all. Gabby is not playing at his best, Bent has been out for an age and Heskey is .. well just Heskey, so where do our goals come from? Albrighton has been injured and inconsistent. Bent is still our top scorer for christs sake!

Hansen once said you don't win anything with Kids. He has been laughed at since then, but quite frankly at that time those kids were very very special (as we now know) and ours will be good (given time) but are nowhere near the same class.

Please please please can we forget the protests and chants until after the game and then only if we play poorly. i watched the Blackburn game yesterday and they didn't have one shot on goal v's Spurs and they are a bunch of seasoned pro's.

Tottenham have to play 3 games in 7 days. Let's hope Spurs have plently in the tank to beat Bolton and then let's really pick up the pace on Saturday and see if we can't take advantage of some tiredness there.

UTV.