Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

theboyangel

Most defensive line up of the season? I'd say this is gonna backfire on McLeish if doesn't work, but he's gone at the end of the season anyway it seems. Bale can't wait to come up against Hutton again.

Big Ron got it right on the Radio earlier - this is just an awful squad and we are bereft of quality players.

If someone can spot a 15 million pound player of the quality of Van Der Vaart, Adebayor, Modric, Bale etc on our bench that McLeish refuses to play, fair enough. Name them.

FFS this is so true. Filled with absolute MON garbage with shocking attitudes on ridiculous wages and if anyone thinks that he didn't have a massive influence on them getting signed for ridiculous wages they're deluded.

Big Ron got it right on the Radio earlier - this is just an awful squad and we are bereft of quality players.

If someone can spot a 15 million pound player of the quality of Van Der Vaart, Adebayor, Modric, Bale etc on our bench that McLeish refuses to play, fair enough. Name them.

FFS this is so true. Filled with absolute MON garbage with shocking attitudes on ridiculous wages and if anyone thinks that he didn't have a massive influence on them getting signed for ridiculous wages they're deluded.

Yep

6th place in the league garbage

Yes its a shit squad. However it doesn't mean our shit manager has to pick a shit defensive line up. Wiemann has proved he's better than Heskey. Caruthers did more damage in three minutes than most the midfield did all game. Start caruthers on the wing with warnock in the middle with Clark/herd and wiemann upfront.

Who signed Hutton? He's worse than our shit squad was. No defending mcleish.. he's got to go.

Yep

6th place in the league garbage

Yep

No cups to show for it and lasting success with no financial repercussions.

Nice surrender in Europe and he still gets **** lionised by some who bleat about Houllier and Man City. Unbelievable

THE LINE UP IS BECAUSE LERNER SOLD OUR BEST PLAYERS.

Yes, Hutton and NZogbia haven't been great this season, but come on people, get real.

It's what we've got. It is a shit team, but that is not the fault of Alex McLeish.

If we play worse than the quality of players we have, fair enough. But we only have kids on the bench.

and before some fool says that Makoun would make the difference, you're missing the whole point.

You're right that the squad is bereft of quality, but so are many team squads in the league. The point is that he doesn't need to play 6 natural defenders in any game.

I personally would've put Warnock back at left back, Lichaj to cope with Bale better than Hutton, and played Curruthers on the right to also keep Spurs busy tryin to cope with a live wire. Weimann on for Heskey too perhaps, although he's done well in the last game I just don't see a goal in him.

Where is a goal coming from in Eck's starting line up? He's gone for a 0-0 as a best resul and that, Peter, is THE point.

I mean, it's certainly lacking quality, but at least use the attacking players we have, rather than playing for the draw at the start of the match.

Heskey up front by himself is surrendering himself at the beginning. No ambition.

So the awful line up improvements consist of Carruthers maybe Weimann.

Dear oh dear. Read that again and consider if you'd read it five years ago.

When are people going to wake the **** up and see that we simply do not have the players?

Yes its a shit squad. However it doesn't mean our shit manager has to pick a shit defensive line up. Wiemann has proved he's better than Heskey. Caruthers did more damage in three minutes than most the midfield did all game. Start caruthers on the wing with warnock in the middle with Clark/herd and wiemann upfront.

Who signed Hutton? He's worse than our shit squad was. No defending mcleish.. he's got to go.

Yep, pretty similar to what I said. There's. Lot of poor squads out there but it's what the manager chooses to do with the cards he's dealt that makes the difference.

McLeish chooses to fold each and every time.

Nothing more than surrendering, after all we have no right to expect anything from an "elite" club like Spurs.

Another game where we have given up before KO.

Please let this be the ginger gibbons last game in charge!

Ah, the trusty 7-3-0 formation. It's served us so well in the past. There are three attacking players on the whole pitch (if you can even include heskey). Incredible.

So the awful line up improvements consist of Carruthers maybe Weimann.

Dear oh dear. Read that again and consider if you'd read it five years ago.

When are people going to wake the **** up and see that we simply do not have the players?

My guess is because most of us realize that mentality means just as much as talent?

Seriously, what can McLeish say in his pre game talk? "Let's go draw this match!"?

Sometimes, teams with lesser talent win games because they have a mentality that they can win the game. This, OTOH, is giving up before you step foot on the pitch.

McLeish OUT!

Maybe I'm wrong.

I just think that if we went positive and attacking against Spurs, all we'd learn is that Gardner and Bannan are not Modric and Bale.

When you're outclassed, you have to be a bit sensible

(cue someone saying that I am McLeish in disguise)