• Cuéllar
    • Lichaj
    • N'Zogbia
    • Herd
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Gardner (for N'Zogbia 74)
    • Carruthers (for Clark 90)

Would'nt have hurt to bring on Ireland, Weimann AND Carruthers with twenty minutes to go. To my mind it would have put Olbion on the back foot, if only by injecting some badly needed pace to the attack. Their defence were there to be done and we could'nt do it.

MOTM, I'd give to Given, if only for making the save that could possibly keep us up.

Alan Hutton, I'd have to put out of his misery I'm afraid......total crap.

Yes, we know our players are shit, we know McLeish is beyond shit, and we know we're in big **** trouble. But, do you know what? Why the hell isn't anyone mentioning our fans?

The away support was incredible today, absolutely incredible. The best for many a year. There were so many points in the game where we could have "turned" but instead we carried on supporting the team and literally did roar them on to get something out of the game, when in all honesty, we are desperately lacking in any sort of quality.

The away end was bouncing like we'd won at the final whistle - heaven help the Tesco Arena if we'd have got that winner, it would have been absolute bedlam. Albion's fans sat with their mouths open gawping at our support for most of the second half, although they'd never admit it, and the players coming over to thank us at the final whistle said it all.

This is what it means to be Villa. So for one night, **** the negativity. And give some credit where it's due. When the going gets tough, the Villa stick together. Undoubtedly the Midlands' finest Club.

Positives First

Committment and battle, hard to fault, I didnt see anyone shirk a 50/50, I saw lots of passion, intent and sleeves rolled up

I saw unfit players and players out of position giving 110%

I heard a fully supportive, brilliant away fan following backing the team 110%

I saw Gabby shouting his mouth of as Captain, brilliant

Negatives

That line up, a Goalie + 7 Defenders, Jesus H, 0-0 was the target presumably

Would have taken the point before the game.

Just wondering what those who have have said McLeish should have brought on Ireland and Carruthers would have done if we had lost the game?

You're right, we could have lost. That would've been a possibility.

We also could've won, making us safe in the league. Th problem is McLeish has rarely tried to win hence the position we find ourselves in. With hs subs, he also rarely tests his opposing manager by changing his tactics, indeed he got stuffed by Coyle when Bolton changed their play.

The point came by Given's save, not because he bought on GG for Zog.

Yes, we know our players are shit, we know McLeish is beyond shit, and we know we're in big **** trouble. But, do you know what? Why the hell isn't anyone mentioning our fans?

The away support was incredible today, absolutely incredible. The best for many a year. There were so many points in the game where we could have "turned" but instead we carried on supporting the team and literally did roar them on to get something out of the game, when in all honesty, we are desperately lacking in any sort of quality.

The away end was bouncing like we'd won at the final whistle - heaven help the Tesco Arena if we'd have got that winner, it would have been absolute bedlam. Albion's fans sat with their mouths open gawping at our support for most of the second half, although they'd never admit it, and the players coming over to thank us at the final whistle said it all.

This is what it means to be Villa. So for one night, **** the negativity. And give some credit where it's due. When the going gets tough, the Villa stick together. Undoubtedly the Midlands' finest Club.

I wasn't there but if thats the case good on you. The support continues in spite of McLeish not because of him.

And as for the highlighted bit... preaching to the converted.

a starting line up that includes 6 defenders against west brom.

says it all, played for 0-0 and got 0-0. expect a repeat attempt against spurs(they are an elite team) and a repeat at norwich.

awful substitutions, awful line up, hutton why???

MOTM Given for that save.

Was I imagining things or was there some sort of hullabaloo over the 19th minute applause today? I was watching it on a poor enough stream but it seemed to me as though the home support didn't really take to it and it sounded like there was some booing after...?

Can someone set me straight?

Workman like performance but 6 nil-nil's in a season is utter garbage.

We now have to sit back and pray that OPR lose, Blackburn lose and Bolton lose before we take on Spurs next Sunday, oh what joy Mcleish has brought!

How anyone gave any player above a 4 is beyond me, Hutton was a liability all game, Heskey is a just useless lump in the middle, Gabby doesn't even look like he has ever played football in fact he reminds me of players who arrive at an amateur club and are given a trial run out only to be found that they have never played before! Nozobia is a 500k player that we paid 9m too much for, can cross a ball and just runs with his head down and as for Warnock, lets just say I agree with GH.

Our movement off the ball is terrible, our control and passing (basics) are poor at best and in front of goal we are pathetic. Also our defending seems to be last ditch panic. ALL of these faults lie with the coaching, it must be bloody useless which comes as no surprise to any of us.

Well there you are we got a point,I would think that we should be safe now BUT again the players lacked any sort of direction or plan,and that should come from the manager ( not the captain or the players ) We must be the only team in the PL that have no plan of attack,or defence at all.All it is,is run out onto the pitch and run around and kick the ball.

What really pisses me off watching on TV is that we get to see McIdiot writing in his pad.WTF is he writing ??? its not tactical changes or how we are going to play different in the second half is it ??? no its probably his **** shopping list.And what"s with this bringing on a sub in the 88th minute ??? That REALLY shows his his childish mentality does"nt it.In the Fulham game he made very late substutions and it led to a goal, so in his peanut sized brain he now thinks that to score a goal all he has to do is bring on a striker in the 88th minute, ( Delfonso,Caruthers ) FFS give me a break.

Do us all a favour McLeish and crawl back under the rock you came out from.

Was I imagining things or was there some sort of hullabaloo over the 19th minute applause today? I was watching it on a poor enough stream but it seemed to me as though the home support didn't really take to it and it sounded like there was some booing after...?

from where i was stood i couldnt see a single one of them join in, after it there was some booing, some chants of rocket polishers directed at them

shortly after a baggies fan was stretchered out (not looking good at all - anyone got any idea?) and we clapped him out and they didnt so it started off again with "no respect my lord" thrown in too

Exactly. It's not like it was all just anti-sha songsl ike it mostly is at home. Villa Till I Die was incredibly loud and it's fantastic to hear it like that in such bad times. Our great away support is why I can justify going, the rest of them make it enjoyable for me.

Lots of negativity about our squad. I think we have a decent squad with a few gaps that would look good (7-10th in the league) if well coached and put out in a balanced format.

Yesterdays game sounded, and looked on MOTD, ugly. But that's hardly a surprise with McLeish at the helm. I wonder if those that initially defended him and suggested giving him a chance and villified those of us who pointed out the damage that he would do to our club from the start will now admit that they were wrong and, by initially supporting him and giving him that chance actually harmed our club? I doubt it.

from where i was stood i couldnt see a single one of them join in, after it there was some booing, some chants of rocket polishers directed at them

shortly after a baggies fan was stretchered out (not looking good at all - anyone got any idea?) and we clapped him out and they didnt so it started off again with "no respect my lord" thrown in too

Thought so.

Cheers.

Â