• Cuéllar
    • Lichaj
    • N'Zogbia
    • Herd
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Gardner (for N'Zogbia 74)
    • Carruthers (for Clark 90)

A point more than I predicted. Thought we defended ok; although we lost shape and discipline in the second half, which is pretty predictable these days. Going forward, same old snore-fest. No attacking options when we break, movement very static; Gabby very wasteful. Same shit, different day.

Baggies penalty appeal was far more clear cut than ours, so with that and the Bendtner off-side decision recently, I don't think we can complain about luck. Shame Bolton equalised at Sunderland, massive point for them.

Fairly exciting end to the game though, Clark with that amazing chance, followed by Given's world class save.

In all fairness, that wasn't a bad performance under the circumstances. I'd have taken a point before the game but I thought West Brom were surprisingly limp and we should probably have capitalised. We certainly had the chances. Never mind. It's not a bad result but we're still right in the thick of it, especially with Wigan and Bolton getting results.

Given - 8 - Didn't have much to do but gets MOTM for a stunning save at the end without which we'd probably be down.

Hutton - 4 - Delivery awful, defensively poor, mentally unstable. I hope McLeish signs him for his next club.

Dunne - 7 - Shaky start but got better as the game went on. Good to have him back.

Cuellar - 7 - Fairly solid, made one crucial header off the line. I prefer him to Collins I must say.

Lichaj - 6 - A little rash at time but generally OK. Doesn't do much going forward, possibly as he's on the wrong side.

N'Zogbia - 6 - Missed a good chance but provided a threat. Shouldn't have been replaced.

Herd - 6 - Typical Herd performance. Got about well without offering a huge amount but solid from the kid.

Clark - 7 - I thought he did well today, pressurised the boggies midefielders all day and nearly scored at the end too. Perhaps he should have put his laces through it? Easy to criticize.

Warnock - 7 - Got up and down well. His delivery isn't great as we know but he put a shift in and didn't give away too many stupid fouls.

Heskey - 6 - An average performance but not shit, which he often is. Put Gabby through well in the first half.

Gabby - 7 - Shame he's such a terrible finisher but he terrorised Jones all game. Most of our chances came through him. Much better IMO.

from the starting line up it was clear he was playing for a point, and the subs made only confirmed this.

we had some good chances yes, but so did they. maybe if he had played the one striker who has actually scored recently, instead of the guy who hasnt scored since november and the guy who has 1 goal in a year, we might have taken one of our chances.

mcleish is clearly aiming for 3 draws from the last 3 games, and relying on the teams below not to better that. thats a dangerous game, especially when most of those teams have actually scored goals and won games recently.

He tried that at Blues last year, that turned out well didn't it!

Great save by Given at the death, I thought we had blown it then.

Table isnt looking great though:

Villa - 37

Wigan - 37

QPR - 34 + a game in hand

====================

Bolton - 34 + a game in hand

Blackburn - 31 + a game in hand

Wolves - ****.

Aren't Spurs's next 3 games v Blckburn, Bolton and then us? We need Harry's help

Villa - 37

Wigan - 37

====================

Wolves - ****.

Wigan will be safe with Blackburn and wolves to play

Think Bolton May get the results they need with West brom, spurs and stoke to play.

QPR are the team we have to watch but they have Chelsea,stoke and Man city to play.

Blackburn will be relegated with wolves, I think we need 1 point to be safe, cos then any of those teams on 34 points need 2 wins to go above us with our goal dif

Some of the comments on here are unwarranted

Can't fault the effort today. Good to see the fight in players at the end and that surely had something to do with the fantastic away support.

Just like Bolton we should have had the game sown up by half time.

Gabby out of form should have got 2.

2 pens to us...1 to them. Ref had a mare. Chances at both ends and a fab save by Given at the end.

Still a point is a point. Let's hope it is getting us to safety.

im sick and tired of Gabby and Nzogbia...

how can you not be able to control a football after years in the game?

add to them to the list of the utter shit players we have at this club....

the only players i want to stay at this club are Given and Bent...

the rest can just **** off with the Ginger bell....

that point is totally ruined by the Wigan and Bolton results...

if Given hadn't have pulled off an absolute worldy then i would have said we were 100% down...

now im 90% certain of it

What a surprise a 0-0 draw under Mcleish. Mind you I would have taken the point before the game started. It a real pity that Wigan won and Bolton got a draw. We have to hope that QPR and Blackburn slip up.

Just listen to me, this is what being a Villa fan has become :(

All I can say it was a gritty draw with, as usual, Villa spectacularly blowing the chances that they had. Given was the MotM for me.

I hate McLeish for the way he has destroyed everything good about our squad and I utterly blame Lerner and Faulkner for the most inept appointment in footballing history.

McLeish Out!!

Lerner Out!!

content with the result.

a point that just about will see us safe i think,

yet a crap match, which still highlights amcs ineptitudes one would hope to the board

and results for wigan and bolton will keep it close and possibly see us drop to 16th or 17th, but not go down, the perfect worst position to ensure absolute no excuse for keeping him on,

Herd was good and we showed some real balls today. The performance was utterly brainless, Gabby was horrific once again, Hutton a liability, central defenders a mixture of sublime and ridiculous, N'Zog tried but just isn't that good a player and never has been. Feel better about our chances of staying up than I did at 2:59 PM.

I believe the Chelsea QPR game tomorrow will determine if we start next season in the Premier League.

With players like Weimann, Curruthers and Ireland on the bench, McLeish could've attempted a win. Gabby was shocking. He stays on.

Heskey's huffing and puffing after 55 mins. He stays on.

Hutton was even worse an threatening to get sent off. He stays on despite CC and Lichaj being better RB's on already on the pitch.

Instead he takes off Zog and brings on GG to try and defend the 0-0. Absolute bell end, needs to go as many have pointed out he offers nothing except negativity!

Some real guts showed today. Hutton horrendous, as was Gabby.

Herd missed good chances as did Clark.

Heskey should of shot instead of passing. Nzogbia missed a good chance too. Warnock was much better in CM than LW.

Given made a great save at the end.

Funny thing today was watching the bagwash fans spunking over their programmes at being above us in the league and then watching Villa with the ginger clunge in charge and playing the worst football they've played in a generation, outplaying them for most of the game. Just proved that for all the handicaps we have at the moment, we remain the ONLY big club in the Midlands and remain top dogs in the region !

Villa - 37

Wigan - 37

====================

Wolves - ****.

You forgot to add Blackburn to the **** list as well then you can add QPR to that list after tomorrow as well :-)

Â