Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Made up that we've finally got our man.

I just hope that Lerner backs him with some cash now as the squad needs strengthening. I also hope that our more 'fickle' supporters will be willing to give him plenty of time. This is now a rebuilding job and will take a few years.

Anyway, I'm going to enjoy this. This could very well go down as an important day in the history of our club.

Lambert was nothing when we took a risk with him....it works both ways.

A fair point but that doesn't diminish the amazing work he did with you. You never would have thought you'd be in the Premier League two or three years ago. Appreciate the fact the man brought you back into the best league in the world whilst keeping the club financially stable and with a good squad of players.

It was inevitable he'd move on sooner or later, that's football. If Lambert moves on again in two or three years time to a top club (assuming we're not one of them by then) then he will have to have done a fantastic job with us and I will appreciate that.

I understand you're disappointed, but come on lad, grow up.

So now you have him, a ruddy good manager no doubts on that, nasty and selfish, but he knows the game.

I don't wish him or AV well, infact I hope he implodes with you.

But please cut me some slack, I'm very bitter today, one thing for sure though our game with you at our place should be lively.

Cheers.

I understand why you'd be bitter, we ourselves have been in the situation countless times where our best players have moved onto bigger clubs and just because you finished above us last season by no mean means you're bigger than us. Not that there aren't plenty of Villa fans with ideas above their stations either.

However, not that I expect you to be happy, but Lambert took you from a nothing club and got you back-to-back promotions and back into the Premier League in three seasons. You owe him more than you could know, and yet you don't wish him well? How ungrateful people can be.

When Milner left for Man City I was annoyed, but not at the man himself. He's a true professional and I appreciated what he did for us.

Show a little class.

Oh and welcome Mr Lambert. Very pleased with this appointment and can't wait for him to start.

You keep telling yourself that pal!! I think you'll find Lambert put life back into Norwich, not the other way round... Hence your bitterness....

Was always my number one choice and I'm so delighted it has happened. Richard's murmurings of more excitement to come only adds to my pleasure at the situation. Norwich fans should have looked to Sunderland as another team who were confident before we had their pants down.

Special mention to Wiz - it would have been easy to come on here and give it the big'un after the season we've just had - look forward to seeing your posts when we play you next season.

So now you have him, a ruddy good manager no doubts on that, nasty and selfish, but he knows the game.

I don't wish him or AV well, infact I hope he implodes with you.

But please cut me some slack, I'm very bitter today, one thing for sure though our game with you at our place should be lively.

Cheers.

Ummm, jog on small time.

One thing we have discovered through all this is just how important his "team" is. I'll be holding back the champers till we confirm Culverhouse and Karsa as well.

But I'm bloody chuffed, my number one choice before the OSG rumours but that only changed when the adrenaline rush of appointing the babby faced tactitian and the circumstances surrounding that situation came to the fore. Logically and sensibly the best appontment the board could have made IMO.

Welcome to the club Lambs.

I think the legal teams are going through this, the point is AVFC approached Norwich for permission, they refused but PL has a clause in his contract to say he can talk to another club, this is why he resigned. Then he started speaking to AVFC, as he's on a rolling contract they can't do a lot in my opinion.

So you've seen his contract have you or are you believing the Sun ? I think you'll find that he didn't have a clause saying he could talk to other clubs, hence why hes now on gardening leave until you guys come up with compensation that is acceptable to us.

So you've seen his contract have you?

No but our CEO said yesterday in an interview that we're still trying to agree compensation and if he had a clause saying he could talk to other clubs, then we wouldnt have been able to refuse him permission to talk to you would we ??

That's why paul and others on our side of this are more than a little pissed off with narich. Your club have not acted well in all this and despite all the talk from your fanbase about the relative sizes of the two clubs, naaaarrrrich have shown themselves to be small time and lacking a bit of class and honour. Shame as I always had a bit of time for the club

But harsh that. Were they supposed to make it easy for us?

That Redscouse bellend that came on here saying similar about Barry in 2008 was rightly ridiculed for a similar stance.

Oh, and welcome Paul! :P

Don't be too downhearted Wiz.When Ron Saunders went in 81/82, i worried,........we went on to become European Cup Winners.

When Yorkie left, i worried.........and then we signed Paul Merson.

Good Luck to Norwich, good supporters, proper supporters, good club, and the fact you are so gutted gives me more confidence in the appointment.

Welcome to Aston Villa Football Club, PL.

You'll find that we'll be right behind you.

Fantastic appointment.

Actually looking forward to the start of a season again. Strange feeling.

UTV.

The same Lambert who's Colchester side smashed you 7-1 before leaving them a few days later to join you? The same Lambert that took that side that got hammered to a League 1 title that same season? Yeah I am sure Lambert was nothing before you took a risk with him.. Give it up seriously. I get you are bitter, you think we don't understand that? Villa fans know more than most what it is like to have a top man poached from them as we have gone through it practically every Summer for 3 seasons, we get your feelings just be happy for Lambert..

Brilliant news, best news since the signing of DB!

Well done to RL, you reconsigned a mistake had been made but have imo now done your best to correct it, Welcome and it's a BIG welcome to Villa Park to Paul Lambert.

Now Villans get your wallets out and buy your season tickets!!

I am going to say this,its a good move for the club but Lambert has had one good season in the premi league.

We know he took them up 2 times but this job will need more time for him and that

the club gives him a chance.

Lerner needs to back him with the cash and lambert was unhappy at the club he wanted a longer deal,but Norwich delay it and its really up setted him and so he wanted to leave.

Lambert I never had him on the list and he will need alot of time.