Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

He was refused permission to talk to you last night, no agreement was made previously to allow this.

Yes, you may have a top manager, but you won't rest easily, he walks out on everyone....including his wife!

I thank him for what he's done here but I'm sure you'll understand when I say I hope he imploads with you.

Bitter? Moi?

Lol its the natural thing that happens with Players and managers, Look at villa, we have had to accept players like Young wanted to go to a bigger club than Villa.. Same thing with managers Villa are a much bigger club than Norwich lol.. Im sure you will be able to get someone from the Championship maybe simon Grayson :crylaugh::crylaugh:

I hope Norwich get a manager with good pedigree....

alex_mcleish2_1551905a.jpg

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

will he bring his back-room staff?

Good point - my cousin who gets to a lot of City games reckons PL is the motivator and signs the players, Culverhouse is the tactician, picks the team, sets of the formation, and does the subs, so asuming PL does come to Villa I hope Culverhouse is brought in as well. Think a lot of Canary fans would like to see him as manager though.

Reaction from Norwich fans is priceless!

I thought wiz was confident he would leave Norwich *facepalm*

I was, I really trusted the man.........maybe there's a lesson for you in there.

He was refused permission to talk to you last night, no agreement was made previously to allow this.

Yes, you may have a top manager, but you won't rest easily, he walks out on everyone....including his wife!

I thank him for what he's done here but I'm sure you'll understand when I say I hope he imploads with you.

Bitter? Moi?

If I had any tissues left I'd offer you one.

I ran out when the quit rumours started flying around too.

Ah yes, the situation with the Norwich fans being upset is nothing like us whining when Barry, Milner, Downing and Young left...

Slightly disagree with the point you are making.

I think after Barry left most of us were resigned to Milner, Younf then Downing leaving.

Ah yes, the situation with the Norwich fans being upset is nothing like us whining when Barry, Milner, Downing and Young left...

I think people have only commented on it being funny because a Norwich fan called TS saying Norwich are bigger than us. We never said Man Utd, Man City and Liverpool were smaller than us. We were just bitter that they were leaving and most of us said that they wouldn't get half as much game time (and we were right).

Bitter? Moi?

Lol its the natural thing that happens with Players and managers, Look at villa, we have had to accept players like Young wanted to go to a bigger club than Villa.. Same thing with managers Villa are a much bigger club than Norwich lol.. Im sure you will be able to get someone from the Championship maybe simon Grayson :crylaugh::crylaugh:

Priceless..

Pissing myself laughing at the thought of AM being paraded around Carrow Road.

With his dashing wee smile "3 Year contract you say Delia ma man ?" (rubbing his crotch in glee)

Happy with this- I have watched Norwich a fair bit this season as my mate is a fan and their football was a million times better to watch than ours. A good ambitious attacking manager who will sort out the dressing room.

Good appointment if it comes off.

The Future is looking a lot brighter for Villa fans, IF randy can pull this off.. I think Lambert will be welcomed after that last appointment lol.. I wonder if that was his plan so the next manager couldn't fail, get someone who he knew the fans would hate, and it gives the next young hungry manager a chance.. Lambert's Claret and Blue Army!

Bitter? Moi?

You've been very vocal about how he absolutely positively wouldn't join us, so I understand your frustration and sense of loss (if this actually goes through of course - it's not beyond us to make a balls of it, even at this late stage ;) )

But, when the dust settles, maybe there is some consolation in the fact that he achieved his objectives with you. Probably 90% of managers don't do that. Had Martin O'Neill came in, gave us 3/4 good years that ultimately resulted in CL qualification and then moved on to a bigger job, after the initial disappointment had subsided, most would have been grateful for the job he had done. And understood his reasons for leaving.

When you were in League One, a return to the topflight would have seemed like a pipedream. Yet you've done it- in double quick time, too. Even if you struggle next season and ultimately go down, you will be in better shape financially to come straight back up. A decent appointment like Poyet or (much as I dislike him) Holloway could see you build on the solid foundations already in place and defy the odds once again to stay up.

I think most neutrals (incl Villa fans) would like to see that.

Bitter? Moi?

Priceless..

With his dashing wee smile "3 Year contract you say Delia ma man ?" (rubbing his crotch in glee)

Bit out of order, that.

I wouldn't wish McPish on my worst enemy.

Bitter? Moi?

Priceless..

Bit out of order, that.

I wouldn't wish McPish on my worst enemy.

Without a doubt, he's got the look of compensation in those eyes

I think people have only commented on it being funny because a Norwich fan called TS saying Norwich are bigger than us. We never said Man Utd, Man City and Liverpool were smaller than us. We were just bitter that they were leaving and most of us said that they wouldn't get half as much game time (and we were right).

I'm fairly sure there was some people claiming we were/are bigger than Man C when Barry left and that Downing to Liverpool would be a sideway step for him.

It's funny how easy it is to justify stealing players and manager from other clubs when it's not us being robbed.

I got no complains, thats just how football works, big fish eat small fish. This time we are the bigger fish so if people wan't to be smug about it that's fine, just don't whine the next time a big club comes in for one of our players