Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But the likes of richard dunne need to be put in their places anyway

True but I'm just saying Villa have become it would seem a bit more media friendly these days.

Even the young players are groomed to give practice interviews with the club. To have a manager who appears to "hate the media"

then I'm not sure he'd fit the profile.

But then again I've always had my doubts because he supposedly models himself on MON and I'm not so sure Lerner & Co would

like another re-run.

Having said all that if Villa played next season - the type of football Norwich have played this season under him in the future then I don't think

any of us would moan too much as long as we got some results to boot.

MON is pretty much a media darling.

I have never seen the similarities between Lambert and MON either in their personalities or management styles.

Lambert actually reminds me of an Aberdeen-era Ferguson,.

As per Bicks post above, as promised thread back open following renewed speculation.

Is the speculation just based on twitter rumours or is there something more to it than that?

Sky Sports News reporting we will make an approach in the next 24 hours.

As per Bicks post above, as promised thread back open following renewed speculation.

Is the speculation just based on twitter rumours or is there something more to it than that?

I'm not saying it won't happen but are we supposed to think that Villa are leaking this to the press? Just doesn't strike me as the way we've done things to date.

I'm not saying it won't happen but are we supposed to think that Villa are leaking this to the press? Just doesn't strike me as the way we've done things to date.

I didn't say I believed Sky.

It's odd that the club have allowed it to be released so easily to the press though.

You really wouldn't thought they'd do this unless they believe they have an edge.

Villa have said nothing. It's gone straight to announcement from Sky Sources though. No mumblings on Twitter or other journo's. That, to me, suggests it's come from somewhere quite reliable who've gone straight to Sky.

Or they've jumped to a fairly obvious 2+2 conclusion based on todays developments with Rodgers and Martinez...

Who knows, I'm not sure we can conclude the club have released something to the press though as it seems totally at odds with the way they normally behave.

I might be missing something here but where have Aston Villa or Faulkner said anything?

The only thing I've seen:

Tom Ross ‏@thegoalzone

@VillaJay2011 @ste_healy villa have told me its 100% true

Tom Ross Tom Ross ‏@thegoalzone

Villas number one target is Paul Lambert the Norwich manager.. Villa still have to go through interview etc

Although I assume Pete Colley found out somehow.

I might be missing something here but where have Aston Villa or Faulkner said anything?

From what i can see, no. I seen the "Villa will approach PL in within the next 24 hours" on sky sports website, but i can't find anything backing that up.