Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

ust like Pardew, who was shit a couple of years ago, has turned out to be brilliant.

tbf I don't think Pardew has ever been shit

The second season in the premiership? that time at Charlton?

I think he had a bit of humbling, which has done him the world of good. Oh and the fact that Newcastle have a very good scouting network...

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

initially hounded McLeish because he came from our rivals.

A group turned up at VP jumped up and down shouting for an hour, most people were prepared to give him a chance despite his shit previous record in England.

He has had a remarkably easy ride until Tueday give nthe dross he has been responsible for. To say this Trees is a nonsense

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, apologies if it has, but...

In my humble opinion, if Paul Lambert were to take on Villa this summer, theres a more than 50% chance he'd have to drop down a division to do it. Norwich are safe, we are most definitely not.

So, quite obviously, the standard of manager we get in, if Mcleish goes, will be related to the league were in.

Premier League - Paul Lambert.

Championship - Lee Clarke (or someone similar).

Lerner's biggest mistake wasnt appointing Mcleish in the first place, because in theory it "could" have worked out. It was not sacking him when it became utterly apparent too all mere mortals Mcleish was dire at his job, leaving us in a very perilous position both for the present, and the future.

agreed, AMC has had plenty long enough to win over fans and he's failed. The win at chelsea even suggested there was a glimmer he was on the right path, but two days later that was put to bed and pretty much since the defeat to Swansea ( and including it ) it's been wretched.

agreed, AMC has had plenty long enough to win over fans and he's failed. The win at chelsea even suggested there was a glimmer he was on the right path, but two days later that was put to bed and pretty much since the defeat to Swansea ( and including it ) it's been wretched.

Think there's plenty to suggest that Chelsea win was far more about them than what we did on the day.

I'd love Lambert to come here. Norwich play some exciting football; not 100% tiki taka but not completely MON-esque either. They attack with pace and are pretty decent at the back as well. This with an entire squad of Championship players too.

On the OS's Friday media watch they have:

The Sun: Aston Villa could turn to Paul Lambert if they sack Alex McLeish.

Daily Express: Aston Villa are ready to consider approaching the man who could relegate them on the final day of the season to succeed under-fire boss Alex McLeish.

There's a disclaimer underneath but do they usually show items like this that don't toe the party line?

There's a disclaimer underneath but do they usually show items like this that don't toe the party line?

I mean I don't look at it that often anymore, it certainly did used to filter the media.

Lambert would be awesome for us, I so hope this happens. 2 obvious highlights in his managerial career so far are guiding League 2 Wycombe to the League Cup semi-final (vs Chelsea) and back-back promotions with Norwich. Lambert is a winner, would probably out-grow us eventually but I'd be happy with that because it would mean that he's done a good job here.

I cant honestly believe so many people on here think that McLeish is going to leave/be sacked.

This will not happen.

After this season, the arse of a chairman and chief exec will decide that this season was a 'transitional' season and we had to regroup after losing Young & Downing.

They honestly think that if we get through this season, next season will be better.

I swear, McLeish is going nowhere.

I cant honestly believe so many people on here think that McLeish is going to leave/be sacked.

This will not happen.

After this season, the arse of a chairman and chief exec will decide that this season was a 'transitional' season and we had to regroup after losing Young & Downing.

They honestly think that if we get through this season, next season will be better.

I swear, McLeish is going nowhere.

I think you couldn't be more wrong!