Lerner:"The Fans will always own Aston Villa" 2006

MikeMcKenna

It still amazes me that people support Lerner on blind faith accepting he has good intentions.

I'm sure Mcleish wants the club to do well.

I'm sure Heskey wants to score goals.

I'm sure dunne wants to defend well.

Why don't those that defend Lerner defend others using good intentions as the reason?

Maybe because those others haven't used PR shit. Maybe because those others didn't replace Doug Ellis.

Either way it seems strange to me how Lerner is supported for having good intentions when his actions and decisions are causing serious long term damage to our club.

Don't shoot the messenger John, there is a difference between reporting what he said 6 years ago and accepting that his intentions (then) were good. If your post was pointed at me, you are wrong to assume that I support him. I was simply highlighting his comments - back then.

No not aimed at you.

There are people who clearly support him and use he fact he has good intentions as the reason.

Like I said in my first post, I find it very strange.

I find your comments extremely strange.

Randy Lerner seems to know little about Football so he puts his trust in MON who he is convinced does ( and so did I at one stage) The manager makes a fist of c 100 mill buying on the whole dross.....The previous chairman would not have been so benevolent as he would have interfered in some of the dross and would have been criticised by the fans for doing so .....Randy gives him a free reign and get dogs abuse.

Nothing like a bit of double standard to set the heart racing is there.

Randy is **** if he does and **** if he don't.

fact is the messiah has **** the club....temporarily hopefully and the 2 followers have done nothing to arrest the decline.

It still amazes me that people support Lerner on blind faith accepting he has good intentions.

I'm sure Mcleish wants the club to do well.

I'm sure Heskey wants to score goals.

I'm sure dunne wants to defend well.

Why don't those that defend Lerner defend others using good intentions as the reason?

Maybe because those others haven't used PR shit. Maybe because those others didn't replace Doug Ellis.

Either way it seems strange to me how Lerner is supported for having good intentions when his actions and decisions are causing serious long term damage to our club.

Don't shoot the messenger John, there is a difference between reporting what he said 6 years ago and accepting that his intentions (then) were good. If your post was pointed at me, you are wrong to assume that I support him. I was simply highlighting his comments - back then.

No not aimed at you.

There are people who clearly support him and use he fact he has good intentions as the reason.

Like I said in my first post, I find it very strange.

I find your comments extremely strange.

Randy Lerner seems to know little about Football so he puts his trust in MON who he is convinced does ( and so did I at one stage) The manager makes a fist of c 100 mill buying on the whole dross.....The previous chairman would not have been so benevolent as he would have interfered in some of the dross and would have been criticised by the fans for doing so .....Randy gives him a free reign and get dogs abuse.

Nothing like a bit of double standard to set the heart racing is there.

Randy is **** if he does and **** if he don't.

fact is the O'Neill has **** the club....temporarily hopefully and the 2 followers have done nothing to arrest the decline.

Seriously, what on EARTH are you talking about?

"Randy Lerner seems to know little about Football so he puts his trust in MON who he is convinced does..." - Randy didn't appoint O'Neill, Ellis did. Randy knows nothing about football, agreed, so instead of surrounding himself with footballing people and Aston Villa people, he appoints a former American credit card manager who was previously working in a bank. Fatal mistake number one.

How you can possibly sit there and seriously say this god awful mess is down to O'Neill is just so beyond my comprehension I think you're on a different planet. You make it sound like the "free reign" Lerner gave Martin should be applauded, no, THAT is exactly why we are now in this financial mess. O'Neill didn't just get a briefcase of £100 million and told to go out and spend it. Lerner and/or Faulkner would have had to rubber stamp every single transfer fee and wage deal agreed while O'Neill was at this club. How is it O'Neill's fault that he kept asking for money and getting it? Any one of us would do the same if we were working under such clueless owners who knew nothing of the financial suicide they were creating until it was far too late. We had a wage bill higher than that of Spurs, how the hell is that O'Neill's fault? Lerner is the chairman, he ratified the ludicrous spending and that is his fatal mistake number two. Blaming O'Neill is just absolutely laughable with a capital 'L'.

He has hired two managers himself, and both have been complete and utter disasters. Houllier was brought back from the Premier League abyss and was quite clearly such a bad appointment. He talked us down, fell out with the players, admitted to throwing games, insulted the club and its fans on more than one occasion, and almost relegated us. Lerner was so panicked that he smashed the Club's previous transfer record to bring in Darren Bent to score the goals to keep us up. Fatal mistake number three.

He then appointed McLeish, and to be honest, I don't need to go over this again, he is statistically the second worst manager in our entire history. Fatal mistake number four.

When he finally realised how catastrophic his spending had been, instead of scaling back gradually, he has done it far too deep, far too quickly. This, along with the shocking managerial appointments, has left us fighting a losing battle. Fatal mistake number five.

Mr Lerner has also created this 'culture' I would call it, of spin, much like that which we see from politicians. He tried to keep fans appeased by putting his poodle Krulak on here for a while, and when the going got tough he scarpered. We've had Faulkner releasing statements only this season saying 'top five was still the aim' when every man and his dog could see top five was not even vaguely on the agenda this season. These blatant lies, to the fans, have not helped his cause one bit. There have also been many reports that under Lerner an almost Gestapo of over-zealous stewards have risen to prominence, who actively ban supporters from displaying negative banners and placards inside the ground. Is this a chairman who has the fans' thoughts at the forefront of his mind? I think not. Fatal mistake number six.

After the financial nightmare Lerner created under O'Neill, which culminated in an out-of-court settlement of about £12 million, you would have hoped he'd be more frugal with his money. Clearly not. Despite Houllier's previous medical history and high probability that, in a massively high pressured Premier League environment, his problems could surface again; Lerner decided to offer him a long-term lucrative contract. Less than 12 months on he was left regretting that decisions by losing yet more millions in compensation. Surely now he'd realise? No, not yet folks. Going against every Villa fans' better judgement he hired Alex McLeish on another long-term lucrative contract, making him the 20th highest paid manager in world football (yes, you really can't make this shit up) and it now looks very, very likely he will be forced to sack him in the near future. This will lead to yet more millions in compensation being wasted by our owner. And did I mention that we paid our biggest rivals about £4 million in compensation just to acquire his services? Yet more millions shamefully wasted. And some people say he has learned? Fatal mistake number seven.

Anyone can hand out free scarves, renovate a pub and put mosaics on the Holte. But every single 'key' decision of Lerner's tenure has been a complete and utter failure, of that there is no doubt. Any rich tycoon can chuck money at a football club. It takes a proper owner to come up with a plan, do it sustainably, hire logical managers, surround himself with footballing people and think about the club's long-term future. Lerner has done none of this and is culpable in all aspects of the substantial mess we now find ourselves in - yet you still blame Martin **** O'Neill? Oh deary me :lol:

Wages in relation to income - the owner SHOULD be in control of this, not the manager.

Appointing houllier was not a decision made by MoN.

Following that up with appointing Mcleish was not a decision made by MON.

If Lerner had hired a decent manager after MON left and given them the money houllier and Mcleish spent we would not be in this mess and people wouldn't be trying to blame everything on MoN based mainly on hatred and speculation

I guess it's MoN's fault the browns are always useless.

Again why aren't the likes of TRO and Blandy out there defending Mcleish and Heskey like they defend Lerner. Because if you're basing your defence on good intentions how can you not defend them the same?

Â