Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

People moaning already...

Warnock was excellent in midfield last game, he has played in midfield lots of times in his career. Clark is also an established midfielder. Herd is a utility man. So the "playing 7 defenders" line is nonsensical.

Heskey was excellent last game and with Gabby fit again, we can cause them problems. I would probably take a point tbh but I (obviously) really want us to get this won so we can relax a little.

So nervous though.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm, didn't herd start out life as a centre back too or am i wrong? clark is a central defender, warnock is a left back, so if herd is naturally a defender that makes 7 defenders out of 10 outfield players?

we're ****.

Given - defensive through position

Lichaj, Warnock, Hutton, Clark, Dunne, Cuellar. - defenders.

Herd - defenstive midfielder

N'Zogbia - attacking inside winger.

Heskey, Agbonlahor - non-scoring forwards.

/End.

I expect a huge gap between Zog-Gabby-Heskey and everyone else. Lots of hopeful balls for Heskey to flick on and the 2 pacy players to chase. Might work if WBA defence is asleep, but I suspect Olsson and Ridgewell will be happy enough if that's all we can offer.

It's a lineup that should threaten at set-pieces, but we've rarely managed that this season.

I'm logging off now, not watching this game through choice, only games I have previously not watched have been because of work or other reasons. I just cannot put myself through us scrapping for a 0-0 win and hunting for lucky goals.

6 defenders, 7 defensive players, no goal-scorers and one half winger who is restricted by the manager. **** awful.

I'll watch again when the championship starts and hopefully, this **** retard is gone.

There is nothing wrong with the formation and players, experience is good in this situation and those players could be used in an attacking way. We all Mcleish wont do that and he will make it defensive but i'd rather have an experience group out there than kids.

Warnock was excellent in midfield last game, he has played in midfield lots of times in his career. Clark is also an established midfielder. Herd is a utility man. So the "playing 7 defenders" line is nonsensical.

Heskey was excellent last game and with Gabby fit again, we can cause them problems. I would probably take a point tbh but I (obviously) really want us to get this won so we can relax a little.

So nervous though.

Not moaning but this line up is shite for attacking football, he's hoping for 0-0 which is better than losing but all it takes is 1 mistake and were ****.

Warnock excellent hahaha do me a favour and Heskey was and shit, Gabby's form is awful but I guess as he is quick he is the outlet for the hoof ball we are about to witness.

Come on Villa at least give it a go!

I can see Hutton getting a straight red today

Same. Certainly the home crowd will be on his back in a big way after he broke Shane Long earlier in the season. He is stupid enough to get riled, particularly if their players have a go at him..

Any one else think that AM is genuinly clueless - no I mean completely clueless.

How some one like hm can get away with earning 2 million per year. I would say the majority of villa fans who work there balls of day in day out could not do a worse job.

He picks a different team every sodding week. I know we have injuries and niggles, but still - he just does not know our strongest team let alone defense from attack.