Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ideally, I wouldnt want to see Bannan, Albrighton or (to a lesser extent) NZogbia anywhwere near the starting line up.

Given

Cuellar

Collins

Dunne

Lichaj

Warnock

Herd

Ireland

Gabby

Heskey

Weimann

Would be my starting line up.

I know Heskey is utterly rubbish, but he was probably our best player on Tuesday.

3-0 WBA

If that happens, I dread to think what the reaction on here is going to be.

Until this week, in spite of everything, McLeish had generally avoided shockingly poor results in individual matches. The worst League results had been the 1-2 against WBA (where he was let off the hook by the fact it was our first home defeat and was with 10 men), and the 0-2 against Swansea (where he was let off the hook by the fact we had won at Chelsea two days earlier). Other than those games, no matter how poor the performance, it had always been a case of either “well, they are a top team” or “well, at least we got a point”.

Now we’ve had the dismal loss at home to Bolton. If McLeish follows that up with a dismal defeat in the derby at West Brom, he’ll be breaking new ground in terms of unpopularity.

Until recently we were that dull lower-mid-table team who played dire football, lost to all the “big” teams and got draws against nearly everyone else (we all remember those heady days of “satisfactory progress” at the beginning of 2012...). Now we’re in danger of becoming that crap, once-great club that slumps pathetically to relegation amid general derision.

It’s time to step up again, Alex. We need at the very least one of those battling 0-0 or 1-1 wins you used to be so good at. And you know what, it would be even better if we got one of those “special wins”... you know, one of those crazy, over-the-top, extravagant sort of wins where you go completely wild and actually score more goals than the other team. Could we have one of those, please?

Ideally, I wouldnt want to see Bannan, Albrighton or (to a lesser extent) NZogbia anywhwere near the starting line up

100% agree with this. they are all utter cack

I am feeling optomistic. I just have a feeling we will win.

No rationale or reason.

I'd love you to be right mate i really would, but i just cant see where the goals are coming from!?

We're on our knees with a thread bare squad...away from home. And Albion are buzzing their tits off after a win over Liverpool and playing in their own back yard.

I would be over the moon with a point!

Has it really **** come to this!?!?! :(

Its key that we have Ireland for this. Is he back? He's our most creative spark and actually has a footballing brain.

I agree that Bannan and Albrighton shouldn't be starting this game. I havn't seen anything from either which suggest they should make the starting XI.