Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

I think we'll win on the basis we will be at it for the full 95 mins whereas WBA are safe and on the beach already

Looking back on Bolton, we were very unlucky to lose

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LAWRO - It is always nice to deal your rivals a severe blow so West Brom will be delighted if they can beat Aston Villa and add to their disastrous run of form, which has seen Alex McLeish's men win only one of their last 13 league games.

The Baggies have done it before against Midlands opposition, when they thrashed Wolves 5-1 in February, in what was Mick McCarthy's last game in charge at Molineux.

West Brom had a great win against Liverpool last weekend, although they did seriously ride their luck at Anfield. Roy Hodgson admitted that and you know when your manager says that, you have been seriously battered.

So they come into this game on a high, whereas Villa just cannot buy a goal right now. McLeish had to bring Emile Heskey back into his starting XI against Bolton and the last time he scored was on 20 August.

There is no doubt Villa's players are playing for McLeish but they cannot win games because they cannot score. Once they lost Darren Bent, you always knew they were going to be in trouble.

Villa play well in patches - for example, they started well against Bolton - but it looks to me as if they are waiting for something to happen. It is - they are sinking fast.

Prediction: 2-0

LAWRO - It is always nice to deal your rivals a severe blow so West Brom will be delighted if they can beat Aston Villa and add to their disastrous run of form, which has seen Alex McLeish's men win only one of their last 13 league games.

The Baggies have done it before against Midlands opposition, when they thrashed Wolves 5-1 in February, in what was Mick McCarthy's last game in charge at Molineux.

West Brom had a great win against Liverpool last weekend, although they did seriously ride their luck at Anfield. Roy Hodgson admitted that and you know when your manager says that, you have been seriously battered.

So they come into this game on a high, whereas Villa just cannot buy a goal right now. McLeish had to bring Emile Heskey back into his starting XI against Bolton and the last time he scored was on 20 August.

There is no doubt Villa's players are playing for McLeish but they cannot win games because they cannot score. Once they lost Darren Bent, you always knew they were going to be in trouble.

Villa play well in patches - for example, they started well against Bolton - but it looks to me as if they are waiting for something to happen. It is - they are sinking fast.

Prediction: 2-0

I think Lawro is a scouse prick and he wears some insane shirts on MOTD but on this occasion I reluctantly have to agree with him.

Don't know where my optimism is coming from. Might be that we've been so crap lately that we might be due a positive result and performance with Dunne coming into the team for some experience and leadership.

WBA - Villa 1-2 Dunne and NZogbia.

I think we'll win on the basis we will be at it for the full 95 mins whereas WBA are safe and on the beach already

I'll have whatever you're drinking!

WBA would love nothing more than to put another nail in our coffin and do the double over us.

Unlucky to lose? We weren't unlucky, we had nothing in the final third to suggest we deserved anything else!

WBA would love nothing more than to put another nail in our coffin and do the double over us.

Unlucky to lose? We weren't unlucky, we had nothing in the final third to suggest we deserved anything else!

I'd agree with CI with regards to our loss to Bolton. It was a shocking performance, but up until we scored we were clearly the better side, we then collapsed for 2 minutes and didnt have the brains to get back into the game. We were the better side for the vast majority of the game and they basically had 2 meaningful attacks.

I'd agree with CI with regards to our loss to Bolton. It was a shocking performance, but up until we scored we were clearly the better side, we then collapsed for 2 minutes and didnt have the brains to get back into the game. We were the better side for the vast majority of the game and they basically had 2 meaningful attacks.

I keep reading that we collapsed after our goal but it's not true. The game didn't switch after our goal, it switched after HT and our goal was somewhat against the run of play in the 2nd half. We may have been unlucky not to score in the 1st half, but losing had little to do with luck as Bolton had the better of the entire 2nd half.

Usually I would be buzzing for this game, but I'm positively dreading it. We're going to have the piss taken out of us all day, and they are so fired up for this that should they win, the ground will go **** mental. It did last season, and that was a relatively nothing game compared to this.

They absolutely hate our guts and I just cannot see anything other than a loss. I'm going for a straight forward 2-0 loss coupled with a day of sheer agony. They say football is an unpredictable game, but we are so utterly predictable under McRelegation that I cannot see an upset. An upset, how low we have sunk.

I'd chop my right testicle off to get a last minute winner - it would be better than any of Gabby's against Blues and I'd probably end up on the pitch with a fair few others. But alas, one can dream.

I'd chop my right testicle off to get a last minute winner - it would be better than any of Gabby's against Blues and I'd probably end up on the pitch with a fair few others. But alas, one can dream.

Brought a smile to my face and I'd go absolutely mental if we did it, but like you say a 2-0 or something similar is written on the wall for us.

My best mates are all West Brom fans and I've been given shit all week (i.e. singing "do you believe in the Villa?!" to me, in reference to this infamously terrible video that they stumbled upon:

).

I'd **** love it if we won, but it won't happen.

The only hope I have is that the players will realise that it really is pretty **** serious now. Most of this season we've lacked a purpose. Well, we've got a pretty clear purpose now and I hope it has a galvanising affect.

I'm not optimistic for tomorrow but I'm not resigned just yet either. I'll be watching on tenterhooks.