Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Brom are almost as shit as us at home. And we are marginally better away from home. Hopefully we can get all 3 points, though I doubt it. They came from behind to beat us there last season.

You do remember the Dowd sending off which was later rescinded!

Yeah but I don't count it. We were on course for a comfortable victory before the sending off.

Haha! Anyway I'm optimistic for this Saturday!

Making some assumptions on fitness I will go with the following.

-----------------------Given----------------------

Cuellar -----Collins ----- Dunne --------Lichaj

----------------Herd------Ireland---------------

N'Zogbia ---------------------------Agbonlahor

--------------Heskey ----Weimann-------------

I am sure this wont be the team and Hutton and Warnock will feature somewhere. I've gone for Gabby out wide because for me Albrighton has been pretty poor for most of the season. Heskey played great for 60 mins the other night so maybe he could do that again.

Ireland coming back is essential.

Also I've brought Dunne straight back in - crossing my finger and preying to he can have one of his monster games. Though Baker has done OK I think he has cost us a fair few goals with rookie errors cant really afford that now.

So just three "kids" in team for one of our biggest games ever.

Kept Lichaj in who for me has been very positive and a lot more consistent than both Hutton and Warnock.

Weimann stays in because he looks like the only bastard who can score these days.

Herd stays because he seems to be one the only players who has the heart for this battle. Thought he was absolutely outstanding for first hour against Bolton then faded with the rest of them.

Was it not around this time of the season three years ago, when Alex McLeish's Birmingham City came to Villa Park, looking like they might slip into the relegation battle. In this local derby, they set out to try and protect a point, but fell apart early on and lost 5-1.

Any of this sound familiar yet?

We'll get a tonking. I'm thinking 4-0.

I think we'll get something of a reaction, but how much that goes on the start. I expect them to start fired up and desperate to start well, and if we score in the first half an hour or so, we can get something from the game, but if west brom soak up what we throw at them I expect jitters to set in in the second half and can see west brom winning it after that.

I think we need to be at least 3-0 up at HT, because he knows how to transform our performances in the 2nd half. What the hell goes on during his half time talks...walks around naked covered in honey? They always come out looking scared shitless!

I think we need to be at least 3-0 up at HT, because he knows how to transform our performances in the 2nd half. What the hell goes on during his half time talks...walks around naked covered in honey? They always come out looking scared shitless!

That image will forever be instilled in my head.

--------------------Given------------------------

--Lichaj-----Collins-----Cuellar----Warnock--

----------------------Herd------------------------

--------------Gardner----Ireland----------------

------N'Zogbia----Weimann----Agbonlahor----

Been wanting to see this line-up for a while. Let Ireland and Gardner/Bannan control the midfield. Plus this gives Gabby and N'zogbia a roaming role.

Drop Hutton he is shit. Lichaj has done well and feels more comfortable attacking down the right. Keep warnock in because of his goal.

I predicted weeks ago that we'd win this. After Tuesday's two-minute collapse I can't see anything other than a defeat. Hopefully West Brom's players will be in holiday mode. We need all the help we can get at the moment.

-----------------------------Given----------------------------

-------Lichaj------Cuellar----------Clark-------Baker-----

-----------------------------Herd-----------------------------

----------------Gardner-------------Ireland----------------

Agbonlahor----------------------------------------N'Zogbia

---------------------------Heskey---------------------------

Subs

Guzan

Warnock

Collins

Bannan

Carruthers

Delfouneso

Weimann

Injuries permitting. Maybe bring in Collins for Baker if fit and push Clark to LB.

--------------------Given------------------------

--Lichaj-----Collins-----Cuellar----Warnock--

----------------------Herd------------------------

--------------Gardner----Ireland----------------

------N'Zogbia----Fonz----Agbonlahor----

Go all out with pace upfront