• N'Zogbia
    • Albrighton
    • Herd
    • Heskey
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor (for Heskey 70)
    • Bannan (for Albrighton 77)
    • Delfouneso (for Herd 88)

A word on the penalty, I thought the ball was played and the player took a dive ?

All happened so quickly though and I haven't seen a replay

Nah was no dive. most clear cut penalty you will ever see.

A word on the penalty, I thought the ball was played and the player took a dive ?

All happened so quickly though and I haven't seen a replay

Nah was no dive. most clear cut penalty you will ever see.

Cuellar was just careless. He swung to clear the ball and their player (Eagles, I think) ran in front of him so he ended up kicking the player. Definite penalty.

Yeah it was a clear penalty, but it wasn't really a challenge. Cuellar went to clear the ball and didn't see Eagles nipping in before him so ended up kicking Eagles.

Unlucky, but definitely a pen.

It took me most of the journey home and this morning as well to come to terms with the fact that we actually lost that game. The dizzying relief at the goal followed by the bewilderment of their 2 goals in such a short space of time afterwards is a very difficult thing to fathom. I went home and went straight to bed to sleep in a daze. It's safe to say I have never felt like that when coming home from a game at VP, and the fact that it might get a lot worse than that is scary to say the least.

The fact that this was quite possibly the biggest home game of the season, and the relatively low amount of replies in this thread in comparison to other post-match threads this season is quite indicative. People either just don't give a **** anymore, or can't come to terms with what happened last night. I can't say I blame anyone who feels that way as I'm there myself.

It took me most of the journey home and this morning as well to come to terms with the fact that we actually lost that game. The dizzying relief at the goal followed by the bewilderment of their 2 goals in such a short space of time afterwards is a very difficult thing to fathom. I went home and went straight to bed to sleep in a daze. It's safe to say I have never felt like that when coming home from a game at VP, and the fact that it might get a lot worse than that is scary to say the least.

The fact that this was quite possibly the biggest home game of the season, and the relatively low amount of replies in this thread in comparison to other post-match threads this season is quite indicative. People either just don't give a **** anymore, or can't come to terms with what happened last night. I can't say I blame anyone who feels that way as I'm there myself.

I'm glad recent years have driven me towards feeling apathetic towards football, I came home and barely gave a toss. Which is quite sad in itself, as there was a time that I cared deeply about Aston Villa Football Club.

one question what was Fonz expected to do in 3 minutes? --after so long without any pitch time----totally pathetic clueless substitution!!!!

That was Eck's tactical genius showing through. He was just running the clock down to defend the 1-2 scoreline ... it could have been three otherwise! :winkold:

I'm a bit baffled by those who think N'Zog had a bad or mediocre game. OK he whiffed a lot of crosses into nowhere, but that was only after opening with two good ones at the very start. He also tormented the hell out of the Bolton defence with his runs and the goal was basically all his own work. That game is essentially the best he has to offer, the kind of football he advertised at Wigan last season, so we have to take it or leave it.

I'm a bit baffled by those who think N'Zog had a bad or mediocre game. OK he whiffed a lot of crosses into nowhere, but that was only after opening with two good ones at the very start. He also tormented the hell out of the Bolton defence with his runs and the goal was basically all his own work. That game is essentially the best he has to offer, the kind of football he advertised at Wigan last season, so we have to take it or leave it.

This

The basics of football completely ignored last night. How often did Given roll the ball out to a full back? How many decent crosses did we put into the box? Why did Heskey come off and then we go route one with smaller forwards up top? Why did it take until the 80th odd minute for the Manager to put a third striker on the pitch? Why did he take Herd off, leaving Gardner and Clark on the bench and allow our left back to man the midfield on his own? Why not move Warnock to the left side to offer us balance once he'd taken Herd off and sent Bannan on? Why is McLeish still at the club?

I'm glad recent years have driven me towards feeling apathetic towards football, I came home and barely gave a toss. Which is quite sad in itself, as there was a time that I cared deeply about Aston Villa Football Club.

ditto

Â