Team of the Season.

Scholes has only played half a season, if that.

Not saying he hasn't been good, but if you're picking a team of the season, in my opinion you have to include players who have played at least the majority of the season. That's part of the requirements if you ask me.

understand what you mean but United record since he came back has been awesome. think only dropped 4 points in games he played and crawled back a mammoth lead from City.

As I said, I'm not saying he hasn't been good, but he hasn't played enough, imo, to be picked in a team of the season.

But that's just my view on it.

Vermaelen can and has played at left back before. I think given some of liberties people (and by people I mean CI) are taking with "of the season", some formation-based jiggery-pokery isn't out of the question.

I know Vermaelen has played left back before, but his best position is centre back, this is where he usually plays, and this is where he is best.

For the left back spot it has to be Leighton Baines. Although Cole has come into form since March, Baines is pushing him close for the England spot.

Cisse's played 10 games! Surely can't be above Aguero/Rooney who've done it all season.

And ? Imagine if he'd played a full season

That's precisely the point. He hasn't played a full season, ergo ...

I know Vermaelen has played left back before, but his best position is centre back, this is where he usually plays, and this is where he is best.

For the left back spot it has to be Leighton Baines. Although Cole has come into form since March, Baines is pushing him close for the England spot.

Oh agree mate that he is best as a centre half, just couldnt think of a left back, forgot about Baines. He has had a cracking season tbf. I will move Vermaelen into the centre in the place of Evans and stick Baines in at left back.

Some themes for a bit of fun, choose your...

Bargain Bin Buys of the season

All players must have signed for their respective clubs this season, and the total transfer value cannot exceed £15m. Loan deals are not allowed.

Waste Of Money XI of the season

As above, all players have signed (and underperformed) for their respective clubs this season, but the total transfer value must exceed £50m (come to think of it, Liverpool's transfer activity might make this one too easy :)).

Shit List of the season

Straight-up worst players of the campaign.

Home Cooking XI of the season

Team must consist of players whom have graduated from their respective clubs academies only. They don't have to have been promoted this season, but they can't have played for any other club (excluding loan deals). All players must be under 24 years old.

And go.

Scholes has only played half a season, if that.

Not saying he hasn't been good, but if you're picking a team of the season, in my opinion you have to include players who have played at least the majority of the season. That's part of the requirements if you ask me.

Fair enough. I agree with the notion. To be honest I thought Scholes had played a bit more than he actually has (only 931 minutes) and I thought Yaya had missed more with ACON etc (but he's played 2425 minutes).

Home Cooking XI of the season

Team must consist of players whom have graduated from their respective clubs academies only. They don't have to have been promoted this season, but they can't have played for any other club (excluding loan deals).

And go.

------------------------------Szczesny-------------------------------------

Hibbert---------Richards-------------------Terry----------------Gibbs

-------------Joe Allen------Scholes-----Osman----------------------------

Hoillet-----------------------Welbeck-------------------------Agbonlahor

Scholes again :P. Think I've taken liberty with the 'don't have to be promoted this season rule'.

If I was required to bring down the average age I guess I could substitute Hibbert, Terry and Scholes for Shotton, Hanley and Herd.

Bargain Bin Buys of the season

All players must have signed for their respective clubs this season, and the total transfer value cannot exceed £15m. Loan deals are not allowed.

This is tricky because of all the undisclosed fees these days, so I've gone with what we know as accepted fact.

Vorm
(1.7)

W.Brown Woodgate A.Ferdinand Ayala
(1.5) (0.0) (1.2) (0.9)

Eagles Larsson Barton McClean
(1.7) (0.0) (0.0) (0.4)

Yakubu Ba
(1.7) (0.0)

COST : £9.1m

SUBS : Friedel (0.0), Westwood (0.0), McAuley (0.0), Reo-Coker (0.0), Pilkington (2.3), L.Young (1.2), D.Graham (3.9)[/code]

If I was required to bring down the average age
There's the badger! I was trying to think of a way to limit to young (ish) players without mandating only players promoted this season, the answer was staring me in the bloody face.

Right, shall we say all players have to be under the age of 24?

-----------------Hart----------------------

---Kompany--Ferdinand--Vidic---

--Nani---De Jong---yaya Toure --Silva--

-----------------Modric------------------

-------------Cisse-----RVP-------------

I think I have said this before. But I love you. :lol:

Waste Of Money XI of the season

__________________________________David de Gea (£17.6m)______________________________

Alan Hutton (£4m)___Per Mertesacker (£9.9m)__Roger Johnson (£7m)__André Santos (£6.2m)

Charles N'Zogbia (£9.5m)________Jordan Henderson (£15.8m)_______Stewart Downing (£20m)

Bryan Ruiz (£10.6m)_______________Chu-Young Park (£5.7m)_____________Gervinho (£10.6m)

Total cost: £116.9m :shock:

Dunno how you could leave Romelu Lukaku's £22m transfer out of the forward line. Ruiz has actually been good.

Also not sure where you got your figures from. I have Henderson @ 22, Downing @ 23, & Mertesacker @ 11.3. They were going in my side too :lol:

Â