Villa or Barcelona Game??

donnie

OUR biggest game of the season and you choose to stop in and watch Chelsea. All you should be thinking of is getting behind the team regardless who is manager etc. The Team need the fans, the younger players need the support tonight is MASSIVE!!!

OUR biggest game of the season and you choose to stop in and watch Chelsea. All you should be thinking of is getting behind the team regardless who is manager etc. The Team need the fans, the younger players need the support tonight is MASSIVE!!!

I don't have a season ticket, so I'll be watching the Chelsea game, probably. But I'll still be following the vill agame.

If I did have a season ticket, this would probably be the one game in the season that I'd want to go to most. I really do think this is our biggest game of the season.

Having never watched a Champion's (sic) League game in its entirety in my life I have only one choice, and that is Villa. If I was home I would be there.

The mere presence of this thread just goes to show how far UEFA have changed the attitude of our younger generations to watching football. Interest in domestic football has waned so much that the European Super League can't come quick enough.

I have a season ticket and hence will be going to the game, but only to keep my ol' man company. That said, if he wasn't so hell bent on going, I'd be staying in sunny south wales with a Vindaloo and Sky Sports.

Your a **** cretin if you watch a Chelsea match instead of Villa.

So 24hours before one of the biggest games this club has faced in a very long while we have people discussing whether or not they would prefer to watch another team rather than support the club they proclaim to love.

Shame on you

Here here!!! Villa all the way.

To those of you who choose to stay away tonight and watch Chelsea instead I respect your right to choose how you spend your time and hard earned but please do me, the other fans attending tonight and the club a favour........don't come back!! We don't need fans like you.

To those of you who choose to stay away tonight and watch Chelsea instead I respect your right to choose how you spend your time and hard earned but please do me, the other fans attending tonight and the club a favour........don't come back!! We don't need fans like you.

Personally i dont think you or anyone else on this board for that matter, have the right to judge others on what and how they spend their free time.

I am going tonight, so that gives me a bit of immunity against the inevitable ear-bashing, but going to Villa Park is not an enjoyable experience in any sense of the word these days. The football is not enjoyable to watch and the atmosphere is bitter and nasty throughout the majority of every game. Someone please explain why anyone should bother following some warped sense of loyalty to go and watch Villa play when they have more enjoyable options available to them.

People need to step back and realise that Aston Villa FC is a money making machine, just like Mcdonalds, who probably give even less of a shit about the happiness of their customers than Ronald Mcdonald does. I don't particularly love the club, I used to, but then realised that in the grand scheme of things, it's really not that important. Kudos to you if the destiny of a football club is high on your list of worries, but for many, it won't even figure. It's really not up to any member on here to decide who is, and isn't, worthy of supporting AVFC in the future.

I am going tonight, so that gives me a bit of immunity against the inevitable ear-bashing, but going to Villa Park is not an enjoyable experience in any sense of the word these days. The football is not enjoyable to watch and the atmosphere is bitter and nasty throughout the majority of every game. Someone please explain why anyone should bother following some warped sense of loyalty to go and watch Villa play when they have more enjoyable options available to them.

People need to step back and realise that Aston Villa FC is a money making machine, just like Mcdonalds, who probably give even less of a shit about the happiness of their customers than Ronald Mcdonald does. I don't particularly love the club, I used to, but then realised that in the grand scheme of things, it's really not that important. Kudos to you if the destiny of a football club is high on your list of worries, but for many, it won't even figure. It's really not up to any member on here to decide who is, and isn't, worthy of supporting AVFC in the future.

v3169y.gif

Personally i dont think you or anyone else on this board for that matter, have the right to judge others on what and how they spend their free time.

I'm not judging anyone on how they spend their spare time. You or anyone else can spend your spare time how you like. What I am saying is if you choose to watch Chelsea over Villa tonight then how can you call yourself a Villa Fan???

I think the mods will pull you up on this post. Site rules, better fan etc.

I don't think there is any judgement made in Smudge's statement merely a request that if people would rather watch chelsea or Barcalona then maybe their free time would be better spent on other forums rather than wasting their time posting on a subject they they clearly have very little interest in

Depressingly I can remember us playing Barcelona in Europe :(
My favourite VP game, 1978 - two nil down at home to Barca (with Cruyff). Came back to draw 2-2 (and only narrowly went out in the second leg at the Nou Camp due to Brian Little getting injured).

Can you imagine the current Villa side doing that?

:(

Be honest, who's choosing to stay in to watch the barca v chelsea game over the villa??

Got season ticket, but really passed caring right now. So for first time EVER choosing something else over us. I know 3 others who are doing the same. Reckon there be loads on here as well??

You're own your own with that one squire.

An extra voice supporting the lads at Villa Park could make a difference.

Be honest, who's choosing to stay in to watch the barca v chelsea game over the villa??

Got season ticket, but really passed caring right now. So for first time EVER choosing something else over us. I know 3 others who are doing the same. Reckon there be loads on here as well??

You're own your own with that one squire.

An extra voice supporting the lads at Villa Park could make a difference.

:lol:

*Gabby walks onto the pitch and looks around the ground*

"Shay!!!....Donnie's not here, shall we **** it off and go down the boozer?"

I'll be tuning in from over in Manila for a 2.45 am kick off which will make work rather unpleasant tomorrow but I agree with many on here, this is a massive game for us and I would not miss it. I reckon we will battle to a bottom clenching 2-1 victory, moving us closer to safety. Up the Villa! We can **** do this.

Â