Villa or Barcelona Game??

donnie

I've just read through this thread and it has saddened me. The apathy that has overcome the club and fans would not have been imagined 5 years ago never mind 25. The total access to all football matches these days has obviously created a different mindset in certain fans. When I was watching Villa in the 60's and 70's there were no games being shown on TV to compete against. You waited until you got home and if it was a Wednesday and Sportsnight was on you watched highlights. I can't imagine watching Chelsea if they were in my back garden, never mind dumping the Villa for them. I honestly thought this thread had been started as a wind up but as others posted their agreement with it I couldn't beleive what I was reading. Everyone has the right to do what they want with their time and money but it's sad when they decide to turn their back on their team in their hour of need, to watch another team who will probably park the bus and attempt to stifle Barca. I don't care how shit it might be at Villa tonight, I will drive down later today from Manchester with nerves eating away at me, I'll be stressed to the hilt during the game, but I wouldn't miss it for the world, because it's the Villa, simples.

People calling for our fans to back us in this situation did you not hear the Holte End on Sat? Chanting 'Martin, You're a clearing in the woods' fair enough, he was a clearing in the woods for what he did to the club but then 'Alex, You're a clearing in the woods!' I honestly felt very uncomfortable and that chant was embarrassing, hes not done anything horrible towards us so being abusive at him is ridiculous. Chanting to show we don't want him at the club is one thing but that was uncalled for.

As much as I am a Villa fan I'm also a football fan. Be honest what are you more interested in watching this week, Villa v Bolton or Man City v Man Utd? I look forward to other big games on Sky more than I do going to Villa Park these days, does that make me less of a fan? No not at all. Football is suppose to be entertaining and watching us isn't that.

Your a **** cretin if you watch a Chelsea match instead of Villa.

I`m With you on this m8, just how can any1 watch any other game than villa if they are villa fans, take the good with the bad this is what its like to be villa tbh, up down , down up. Have seen us finish 2 places above relegation and the next year with allmost same team become runners up, keep the faith we will be good again dun know when but we WILL :P

COYL VTID

People calling for our fans to back us in this situation did you not hear the Holte End on Sat? Chanting 'Martin, You're a clearing in the woods' fair enough, he was a clearing in the woods for what he did to the club but then 'Alex, You're a clearing in the woods!' I honestly felt very uncomfortable and that chant was embarrassing, hes not done anything horrible towards us so being abusive at him is ridiculous. Chanting to show we don't want him at the club is one thing but that was uncalled for.

As much as I am a Villa fan I'm also a football fan. Be honest what are you more interested in watching this week, Villa v Bolton or Man City v Man Utd? I look forward to other big games on Sky more than I do going to Villa Park these days, does that make me less of a fan? No not at all. Football is suppose to be entertaining and watching us isn't that.

Just asking that question is amazing. The Manure game is the only show in town that night, most ''football fans'' are going to be interested in it. But if it was on tonight I would be travelling out of Manchester to get to Villa Park to watch MY team, because that's all I really care about.

Several years ago I always said I would watch and support villa whatever league or tough situation we were in. Its always been my belief that support is needed more in bad times anyway.

Nothing has changed. I'll be there tonight, as always. Villa through the good and the bad.

WHEN we're successful again, I want to stand there and look people in the eye and say I was there through Graham Taylor Mk 2, through O'Leary, through McLeish.

I would honestly go and watch villa even if we were in the Blue Square Conference.

Respect to those that don't want to go. But you and I clearly have very different relationships with the villa.

Several years ago I always said I would watch and support villa whatever league or tough situation we were in. Its always been my belief that support is needed more in bad times anyway.

Nothing has changed. I'll be there tonight, as always. Villa through the good and the bad.

WHEN we're successful again, I want to stand there and look people in the eye and say I was there through Graham Taylor Mk 2, through O'Leary, through McLeish.

I would honestly go and watch villa even if we were in the Blue Square Conference.

Respect to those that don't want to go. But you and I clearly have very different relationships with the villa.

This is what supporting your team is about.

Hats off and full respect.

If you are able to watch tonights game live in any shape or form but choose to watch any other game how on earth can you claim to support AVFC surely you would just be a football lover of no persuasion

Someone please explain why anyone should bother following some warped sense of loyalty to go and watch Villa play when they have more enjoyable options available to them.

It's because of that feeling that runs with extreme passion through your veins. It's a disease and there is no cure!!!

LOL at the replies to my thread. there is more to life then the villa. get real, realistically there is only a slim chance if any we will go down. Ive never missed a villa game unless I was ill for the past 6 years of having season tickets. But whats the point of going there to watch two dull, boring teams in the freezing cold when I will be missing out by not watching an entertaining match on the tv.

Dont give a shit if that makes me less of a fan, ive paid my dues with a season ticket this year and the last 5. Spend alot ofhard earned money on them, and what have they done for me?? nothing...players like ireland dont give a shit, the chairman dont give a shit, the manager is the worst in history, so why should i give a shit anymore.

Still love the club and always will but not sarificing anything for them anymore. Like some one said they just a coporation like mcdonalds now. One fan less to villa, do not mean to shits two the club like it would of before. There is no one player in that club who the fans bond with (i.e taylor, mellberg, angel, milner, etc).

So to summarise, rather have a fun night watching barca :-)

LOL at the replies to my thread. there is more to life then the villa. get real, realistically there is only a slim chance if any we will go down. Ive never missed a villa game unless I was ill for the past 6 years of having season tickets. But whats the point of going there to watch two dull, boring teams in the freezing cold when I will be missing out by not watching an entertaining match on the tv.

Dont give a shit if that makes me less of a fan, ive paid my dues with a season ticket this year and the last 5. Spend alot ofhard earned money on them, and what have they done for me?? nothing...players like ireland dont give a shit, the chairman dont give a shit, the manager is the worst in history, so why should i give a shit anymore.

Still love the club and always will but not sarificing anything for them anymore. Like some one said they just a coporation like mcdonalds now. One fan less to villa, do not mean to shits two the club like it would of before. There is no one player in that club who the fans bond with (i.e taylor, mellberg, angel, milner, etc).

So to summarise, rather have a fun night watching barca :-)

But we aren't talking about life are we mate, we are talking about football, and Aston Villa a team you allegedly support. Regardless of how many season tikcets you've had, on a night when your team needs you the most you stuck up two fingers and gone to watch Chelsea instead.

IMO disgusting. Have fun!

Bang the **** on.

:thumb:

I can't beleive this is even a question. From a life long Villa fan who remembers us being in the old 3rd division when I was a tot!

Villa ALL the way.... this is an important game tonight.

Why do people keep saying we are watching Chelsea? We are watching Barca (the best footballing side of all time btw) in hope they smash Chelsea (our rivals) to bits. No shame in that.

Highlights of Villa match are on SS2 at 11:15pm btw.

Why do people keep saying we are watching Chelsea? We are watching Barca (the best footballing side of all time btw) in hope they smash Chelsea (our rivals) to bits. No shame in that.

Hope you enjoyed it. :oops:

Think my decision to stay at home and watch the most exciting game of the season was justified :) If I was at the Villa game, I would have been one of the several thousand fans booing anyway, so my prescence was not needed nor the other people I knew with season tickets who choose to watch barca.

Â