Villa or Barcelona Game??

donnie

So 24hours before one of the biggest games this club has faced in a very long while we have people discussing whether or not they would prefer to watch another team rather than support the club they proclaim to love.

Shame on you

posting in the march thread as well....

Unbelievable...really....

That this is even a debate beggars belief. Whether you’re pissed off with Mcleish, pissed off with the quality of the entertainment or pissed off with life, we’re in real danger of going down (BTW I think we have more than enough to stay up but also believe the risk is very, very real). If for a second you believe that the support of the crowd makes a difference (I do), how anyone can make a decision to sit and watch Champions League, or use this to make a protest if they have an option of going and possibly make a difference, stuns me. Relegation is a massive pain in the arse, and having seen us go from Div 2 to Div 3, to European Champions and back to mediocrity, it’s an experience I’d rather not repeat.

Save the f-cking protests by staying away until we’re done and dusted. Protest all you want at the game, but get your f-cking arse down to the ground if you have the option, and do what little you can to keep us up.

The x factor generation strikes again

wrong again.

Villa were not in the top flight when I started going. Been going to villa for over 25 years but I am not watching the game tomorrow.

The x factor generation strikes again

wrong again.

Villa were not in the top flight when I started going. Been going to villa for over 25 years but I am not watching the game tomorrow.

Actually that 1987 season in the old 2nd division is one of my favourites

A brilliant time to be a villa fan that was

Did nearly all the games that season

Sorry, but watching Chelsea getting bummed is too tempting not to miss. I'd only be watching our shit depressing match on a dodgy stream anyway. Don't get me wrong I'll be keeping tabs on the score, but I'm not going to cut my nose to spike my face the Barca match will be much more entertaining. I'll catch the highlights of our inevitable bore-draw later on.

posting in the march thread as well....

Unbelievable...really....

That this is even a debate beggars belief. Whether you’re pissed off with Mcleish, pissed off with the quality of the entertainment or pissed off with life, we’re in real danger of going down (BTW I think we have more than enough to stay up but also believe the risk is very, very real). If for a second you believe that the support of the crowd makes a difference (I do), how anyone can make a decision to sit and watch Champions League, or use this to make a protest if they have an option of going and possibly make a difference, stuns me. Relegation is a massive pain in the arse, and having seen us go from Div 2 to Div 3, to European Champions and back to mediocrity, it’s an experience I’d rather not repeat.

Save the f-cking protests by staying away until we’re done and dusted. Protest all you want at the game, but get your f-cking arse down to the ground if you have the option, and do what little you can to keep us up.

Brilliant post.

Chelsea V Barcelona over a massive game at Villa Park FFS

I'm hoping to get to the Barcelona vs Espanyol game, Sunday after next. So for me, that will be one Barcelona game this season to no Villa games. I'm not going to Villa Park again until McLeish is gone.

How much is this gonna cost you?

I will be down the villa

Biggest game since 82

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but there's been at least 25 bigger games since '82. We could lose tomorrow and still have three games left to get out of trouble.

Personally I don't know how anyone can tolerate watching such garbage. I was a season ticket holder for 30 years but haven't been once this season. If we stay up, what do you think will happen next year? More of the same shit, I'm afraid. For the first time in my life I want the club I love to get relegated. It's the only way I foresee us getting rid of the clueless manager and numerous wretched players that don't deserve to represent the great club.

So yeah, I'll be watching Barca and remembering that night in '82 when we trounced them 3-0 at Villa Park.

I dont blame anyone for not going to VP and staying at home for whatever reason. I have this shit record of not missing a home game for about 8 or so years and I dont want to break it yet, if I had broke it earlier this season Id have **** the rest of the games off tbh.

Why should people pay £20+ to watch complete shit football being played? Id much rather watch Barca Chelsea for pretty much free on the TV. Id enjoy that more, everyone would.

We have failed to score in 13 premier league games. You can say we should support the team all you like but its been getting slowly worse at VP this season and fans have a right to stay away, until they give us something decent to support then I dont see why we should.

I happily went to games under Houllier where he at least had us trying to play decent football, it was entertaining to watch at times. This isn't.

I'll be honest, I'm going to watch Barca vs Chelsea with the local Spaniards and me mates at Uni. Good atmosphere, good football, few drinks, good night. Will be checking the score minute by minute via twitter (as probably half of you will be updating your feed with score etc..!) can't go to the game anyway and can't be bothered to watch the shittest football known to man on some shitty stream over a big game in the CL and some may not see it as a big game but I do follow Barca and I also i'm a big fan of football generally so enjoy big games.

Oh and also it's predictability, I think other game will be really interesting game and could go either way in terms of qualification so it's interesting. I'm honestly sure about 95% we won't lose the game, and i'm sure 80% sure we'll draw the game 0-0 or 1-1.

Oh if the game was basically like us 18th vs Bolton 17th, I'd definitely watch Villa but I'm pretty sure we won't lose and we'll stay up based on what i've seen so far so not hugely worried about tomorrow night.

Oh and sorry I'm just being a shit fan (serious, not sarcastic) but seeing McLeish celebrate a victory for us and the thought of the result keeping him in the job actually boils my blood. I;m really happy for some of our players like Weimann, Albrighton etc..but just the thought of him going into next season as our manager is killing me. I hate him. I reckon I may be disliked by many on this site but drawing tomorrow/today and being just about safe for me will be better than beating bolton and being comfortably safe (in fact, i'd rather be in league one with a manager i love and being super interested than what i see now, it's actually horrible). maybe that's why i want to watch barca vs chelsea, i'm actually hoping for a winner.

sorry.

The people with their heads shoved up their own behinds with the holier-than-thou bs about not loving the club if you don't watch this game are wank, I will be up at 4am watching Villa and recording the champions league game to watch promptly after our game, but how others spend their time is their own business, I know which game i would rather watch to be honest.

The fact is this game should have been an easy record and watch later after enjoying a champions league semi final, meaning we should be at least mid-table treading water with the game having no real bearing on the Villas fate, but as it stands it's a 'massive' game because of the running joke the higher ups have watching McDouche do his best to bury us and i can understand why people wouldn't want to watch us cause of the manner in which we got ourselves in this hole.

I've missed Champions league semi-finals for Villa reserve games and would happily do so again.

I think I must be missing something here - it's the Champions league. We're not in it - in general I try not to watch the Champions league games as I don't like to encourage it by adding to the viewing figures.

It's interesting that for so many people it has become the be all and end all of football - I always thought that when we get our inevitable European super league we'd be okay if we weren't in it because Villa fans would stick with Villa and at least football would be fun again; maybe we could even get some sort of values back into the game - sadly it looks like a lot of fans would just piss off to Europe and watch someone else.

I support the Villa. Second to that I'm a football fan.

I am absolutely stunned by this thread.

Being a football fan is like being married - try lying in bed next to the wife tonight and telling her she's not getting it but you're going to knock one out to the girl that does the weather instead as she's prettier. See if she understands and accepts that point of view.

Â