International Fan travelling to see Villa

auschief

Hi All,

I've been a villa fan for the past 4 years ever since i started following the Premier League.

I'm travelling from Australia to see Villa vs Spurs (and to also more of Europe) i'm in the process of getting a ticket for the Villa vs Spurs personally cant wait, I just wanted to ask a few questions to make sure i get the whole Villa experience.

- What would be the best seat to get? I'd like to see most of the game but be in a stand that has the best atmosphere (want to be vocal, singing, cheering, jeering) I was thinking Upper or Lower Holt End.

- Pubs, Where would be the best place to grab a few pints before the game? I'll be travelling solo so it would be great to be surrounded by Villa fans!

Also is there anything that I am missing or something else that I should do while i'm there. Will be in Birmingham for the 5th and 6th so i'm unable to do a stadium tour.

If this is posted in the wrong section please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Steven

If you're only travelling to see Villa, my advice would be to stay at home right now. If you're coming over anyway then ok...

I'm not able to make the Spurs game, I'm 6 rows from front of C7 in Trinity Road, good seat, atmosphere not great, ticket would only cost a few notes.

Hi Steven!

My best advice would be get a ticket for the Holte End upper as central as possible for atmosphere (Although with the torrid season we are having it's by no means at it's best at the moment by any means) If you prefer close up action however you may prefer the banter in the lower Witton lane which is right next to the away fans & can be quite noisy too. from both sets of fans. Lower Holte central about midway back is my preferred location as you are right behind a goal, get the atmosphere pretty well & its just nice & close to the action where as the upper Holte can seem quite far away.

Pubs?.. well the Adventurer is decent though you may struggle to get in without a match day pass.. maybe give them a ring in the week 1st & explain your situation?

Aslo may be well worth contacting the club directly & letting them know you are coming from Aus as they just may be able to do something for you? Worth a shot at least?!

Hope this helps & just a shame we are not playing better at the moment for you!

Hey mate, If the General was about, he would advise you to speak to Nicky Keye at VP. She might be able to hook you up with whatever passes you may need due to your long travelling etc.

By the time of that game I would expect the atmosphere to be pretty bad with relegation looming - probably not the correct atmosphere you wanted but hey ho!

Sit in the North Std lower mate near the spurs fans, it will be great banter

Pubs - Villa Tavern on Holborn Hill, cheap beer and good banter and a disco on after the game

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Im also traveling from OZ in Sept 12-17 (not booked in yet).. yet not sure how long i will be in England. When does the draw for next season come out? provided were still in the Premier League ;).Hoping we get a home game.

Also when can you do stadium tours? Cheers guys.

When does the draw for next season come out?

premierleague.com:

When are the Premier League fixtures announced?

The fixture list is confirmed around the middle of June each year and announced on premierleague.com.

The first set of changes take place when television companies select the first group of matches they would like to screen live. This usually happens within two weeks of the original list coming out. At around the same time, the clubs that are playing in Europe will examine the list to see if there are any matches which need to be moved. Once teams progress to the later rounds of the other cup competitions, League fixtures can be altered. In this instance we always consult with the local police and the clubs concerned.

Steven, Please see your pm/e mail - the club is (as ever) really good with helping with this sort of thing and have just contacted me on a Sunday am! to help you out.

Hi all,

Sorry,another hijack.I will be visiting England in Septemberand October. I have read all the information you have posted above and much appreciate it.Could you answer a couple of other questions for me please.Are there tours of Villa Park and can anyone recomend a decent B&B to stay the weekend at ? I am comming from Australia as well.

Tickets are not a problem for me. Thanks for any help and information.

Auschief, for a great experience and if you want to be surrounded by fellow Villa fans on the Saturday night give Great Barr Lions a call.

Our friends from the Belgian Lions are coming over for the weekend again, and we are taking them to Perry Barr dogs for a bit. Then back to the Tennis Courts pub for a free buffet and Beatles tribute band.

Bring your drinking boots because they can't half shift the ale!

By the way, anyone can tag along if they want to come, it's normally becomes a very messy night!

You upside down ozzies do realise that over here we do things the opposite around? Bottom of the table = bad, top = good :) Whats with the ozzie invasion? :)

With Bret Holman comming to play for Villa it won't be an off the pitch invasion only ( or maybe we want to see McIdiot in the flesh ) we don't have one of those over here.

Loads of internationals in Brum next weekend then. As I said in another thread, Villa sweden will also be there. Probably around 40 of us somewhere on holte upper.

Â