Pre-Release: FIFA07 or Pro Evo 6?

villafan306

FIFA07 or PES6?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. FIFA07 or PES6?

• FIFA 07
    • PES 6

I installed FIFA on my laptop, total pants the graphics were bollocks. Now you got to understand that my laptop is quite a beast Toshiba Satellite P100 2 X 2 GHz Centrino Duos 2GBs of Ram and a 512MB GeForce Go 7900 GTX. As a gaming machine it's pretty powerful but FIFA looks totally shit, the laptop has a 17" WS display but FIFA doesn't even support any WS display modes. EVO 5 loks light years better, the players look recognisable and the animation is much better so unless PES6 takes a step back then the war is already over.

I have been talking up FIFA 07 (had it for about a week on my PS2) recently, but I'm beginning to have second thoughts. The game play depth is just not there. Good it is, but it is just not as good as PES5. Control of the players feels a little wooly is the best way I can describe it. Mt main point of contention though is that it still seems that the main difference between a good player and a bad one is how fast they run. In PES you can have a good slow player. In FIFA they are just slow. I do reserve the right to change my mind again, but I seen to have fallen in and out of love with FIFA 07 in the space of a week. When PES5 came out I don't think I turned it off for a week.

Now PES is just following the FIFA "annual update" release plan, the quality will fall. Releasing a game to meet some publishers just in time for christmas deadline rather than when the developers think a new one is needed/ready kinda proves that putting out a good game is less important these days than putting out one at a time of year that people will buy it and hoping that your marketing guys will do the rest.

Played the FIFA07 demo on the 360 (tis on the marketplace for any other 360 users) and had very mixed feelings.

The likenesses of most players was way out, only really Neville, Rooney and Ronaldo that were close.

The gameplay was good but it seems to rely more on pace than tactics - at the moment it will be pro evo for me.

Pro Evo for me. Although the 360-version won't have the create a team/player function (God knows why), I still think it will be the best football experience money can buy.

Although the 360-version won't have the create a team/player function

Really?, thats one of my favourite parts. Playing upfront for Villa :lol:

Yep, it's true. My mate played in the PES 6 Euro Championships for Games journalists in Ireland last week, and he confirmed there was no Edit-function for the 360-version. Very strange if you ask me. I love being able to create a whole new team or edit the existing ones. Oh, well.

Got to be Pro Evo, easily the most realistic. Im personally not really arsed about editing players as long as it plays well. The rumour is, it plays slower than pro evo 5. But even from the ISS days, whenever a new one has come out it always appears different and slower at the start, but after a few games you adjust. The only areas of real concern for me would be the live option. For some reason pro evo 5 was at times difficult to get a game. Secondly i feel they could improve on the league for live players, which i believe Fifa have done. In any case i'll still be at game 27th October!!!!

I downloaded the fifa demo on my 360 and i have to say i am very impressed, so much so that im considering a purchase. Thing is i can only afford one or the other an not both, so do i stick with trusty pro or take a gamble on the very impressive fifa?

This decision would be made easier if they put up a pro demo on xbox live, sensible thing to do, will allow for the many people like me to make a decision based on the demos. Heres hoping they do this anyway.

FIFA 07 is much much much better than last year's. I think it's worth at least renting if you're a FIFA hater just to see how the gameplay has improved. Last year you could be playing with Ronaldinho or Peter Crouch and not notice any difference between the two. The 07 gameplay is so much more diverse between set pieces, the new passing, dribbling tricks, tactics, more ability to do different shots, etc. If you have Beckham on free kicks you have a better chance of scoring, if you're Gabby Agbonlahor some slow centerback isn't going to run you down on a break away. Basically the players skills are noticeable and closer to what you'd expect.

My one concern is that in manager mode the results not involving your club seem to be unrealistic this year. I played a season with Villa and I was fighting with Watford to win the league. The usual contenders like Chelsea, Man Utd were mid table. Then when I would play them Chelsea/Man Utd would be very tough to beat and I would thrash Watford.

I laughed out loud when Peter Crouch scored and did his robot dance.

Â