• N'Zogbia
    • Albrighton
    • Herd
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann
    • Hutton (for Collins 43)
    • Heskey (for Agbonlahor 48)
    • Bannan (for N'Zogbia 81)

People blaming Bannan and Albrighton for this is pathetic. They're young players who need support, it's not their fault they've been thrown in here and expected to perform; it's a massive amount of pressure to be under and it's no surprise that their game is being affected by it.

Neither our manager nor our team is good enough at the moment. Changes needed in the summer.

To be completely honest, criticising the players at this point seems redundant. On the whole, the youngsters are acquitting themselves admirably, especially considering the absence of leadership, either on or off the field from those who should be providing it. Baker and Weimann have been especially impressive in the last couple of games and feel they could have a future in the first team.

But ultimately, when it matters most, there's no composure and no quality. That's the McLeish effect. And though that wasn't the best nor the worst we've played this season, the fact is the Club are now counting the cost of McLeish being too cautious/negative/inept when he had a full squad at his disposal. There's little point getting on the backs of the young players - and, in all fairness, the crowds aren't. And that may be yet another very lucky break that McLeish is feeling the benefit of as it's ensuring the atmosphere remains muted rather than vitriolic. I've never endured a worse season of home performances and McLeish/Faulkner/Lerner deserve to be on the receiving end of sustained, unflagging hostility for every single passing minute they remain at the Club.

There's no cohesion in the play, therefore players have to take a touch, look up and see what's on offer.

Similarly, there's no movement so there's no one to pass to.

Both of these things stem from the training ground. Add a lack of confidence throughout the team and you get the first touch of a rapist and overthinking to try and create an opportunity.

Players thrive on confidence and instinct, and our master tacticians have made it impossible for our lads play with any rhythm and flow.

Look at N'Zogbia. Last season he was on fire in a free role, albeit in a poor team.

This season, he's seems desperate everytime he gets the ball to have an impact that he invariably **** things up. There's a player in there somewhere, but when you are an impact player, and you're desperate to stay in the team and win over the fans, you're not letting your natural game come to the fore.

Fairly conclusive it was offside.

Untitled.png

Conclusive :lol:

If that was our goal, I'd be fuming! Borderline at best

I'd say it's conclusive.

It's really **** close, that's for sure.

But you can't be a bit offside, or offside a little bit. You're either offside or your not, and the rule is any part of the body you can score a goal with.

He's offside.

Untitled.png

That's a poor choice of photo and pretty misleading. The assistant has half a second to react and it was clear from my laptop Bendter was shoulder width in front and therefore offside.

People blaming Bannan and Albrighton for this is pathetic. They're young players who need support, it's not their fault they've been thrown in here and expected to perform; it's a massive amount of pressure to be under and it's no surprise that their game is being affected by it.

Neither our manager nor our team is good enough at the moment. Changes needed in the summer.

Bannan and especially Albrighton are not the youth anymore. These are the players that should be showing quality. Albrighton has been crying out for games and today proves why he should not be playing. He is not true Villa to me like Gabby. He needs to start playing or be sold. In the new season we cant afford to keep trying players like Albrighton.

Untitled.png

I'd say it's conclusive.

But you can't be a bit offside, or offside a little bit. You're either offside or your not, and the rule is any part of the body you can score a goal with.

He's offside.

If anything it's conclusive that he is onside? Which parts of his body are offside apart from his arm?

Untitled.png

I'd say it's conclusive.

He's offside.

If anything it's conclusive that he is onside? Which parts of his body are offside apart from his arm?

I'd say his head and the left side of his body are all offside.

Given-did what he needed to do

Collins-so much better without that clown Dunne

Cuellar, better than Hutton but not his best game.....

Lichaj-industrious, gettign better every game, I really like the look of him

Baker-OK, getting better each game

Ireland-proved that he can do a job in a 2 man midfeild, pulled the strings but worked hard hustling and harrying, good work fellah

Herd-hard working, good game

N'Zogbia-looked really dangerous without ever actually delivering

Albrighton-rubbish, cant kick a ball properly

Gabby-loks injured to me

Weimann-I think we could have a really good player here, I thought he was very unlucky, didnt get any breaks but runs into superb positions, works his socks off. If someone gets on his wavelength (as hesky seemed to do *GASP*) he could be banging them in

Hesky-remarkably effective in linking with Weimann

I dont want to talk about Bannan and hutton

Get rid of this idiot in charge and some signs are quite promising

Untitled.png

I'd say it's conclusive.

He's offside.

At the end of the day, who even understands the offside rule anymore? I bet if you lined up ten officials, they'd give you ten different decisions. I thought attacking players were supposed to get the advantage (in which case, we'd have been **** today), though that really never happens. All I know is, I didn't think it was offside as I watched it live and looking at the replay and that still, I don't think anyone would be saying that Villa got cheated if it had been given.

But we've been on the end of some shocking decisions lately so it's about time one went our way. And maybe it technically was offside, but I guarantee you the linesman guessed that it was, rather than being certain.

When Bannan came on I said 'He'll give the ball away, make a terrible pass and hit a chance miles over the bar'...

He didn't let me down! I am sorry, but I really don't rate him.

Lichaj impressed me today, as did Herd ,again

Lots of positives in that performance for me today - we were much the better side throughout and with the chances we created should have won by a couple of goals. It's not often you get to say that.

Positives for me were Baker who looks like he's settling in and playing well, Lichaj who looks a better left back than I'd ever have thought, Ireland and Herd who seem to work pretty well together and Gabby looking brighter that he has for a while before he went off.

Weimann could have had a hat trick and should have done better with a couple of his chances but I think you can forgive him for his work rate.

We've picked up another couple of injuries and we've not won so overall it's a disappointing end to things, but this season, under this manager, playing well and being frustrated feels like a cup win.

I loved the 'Martin, you're a clearing in the woods. Martin, Martin, you're a clearing in the woods.' followed by a pause followed by 'Alex, you're a clearing in the woods. Alex, Alex, you're a clearing in the woods.' A touching moment and it'll give them something to talk about in the bar afterwards.

That song sounds better without the word filter by the way.

Went today for a change. Flip it was cold in the Holte End. Actually warmer outside!

Anyhow I didn't think we played negatively at all - until last 15 minutes, but then you just new Sunderland would go for the kill.

Collins and Gabby getting knocks didn't help but then that's been our season.

The kids did OK again. But we're still looking woeful sometimes in front of goal. Lacking confidence badly.

We need 3 points against Bolton on Tuesday now for sure!

10,000 empty seat today?

How's that working out for ya, Randy?

Sure there was more than that. They must be doing the Arsenal trick of counting season ticket holders whether they are there or not. Top tier of the Trinity was half empty, as was nearly all the wings of all the stands and a fair bit of the lower and upper Holte.

Oh yeah, they may as well take that pathetic '12th man' sign off the Holte. It's shite.

if we get beaten by bolton with the way those below us are playing we're relegated.

we're polaying with no fight, no guile and no will/desire to win - it's an absolute shambles

leave gabby out as he's not even trying, albrighton was appalling today, dont think he made one decent pass all game.

Lichaj our best player going forward and assured at the back. Other than him though we were mediocre at best.

Honestly? i'm half thinking we deserve to get relegated and it might give the board the kick up the arse they need

herd, lichaj, baker all good,

weimann MOTM by a distance, the kid doesnt stop running, just a shame there were a couple of chances where it just wouldnt drop for him, read heskey brilliantly, so much that d play them 2 for the rest of the season

ireland IMO slows it down too much and today some of his pass selection wasnt the best, still not as bad as nzogbia, who was beyond **** dire today, 1st touch was awful, constantly ran down blind alleys with no tricks pace or skill meaning he lost the ball and then to make it worse at least twice a great break broke down because he's a greedy bastard

the rest was pretty much as expected, i thought carlos started well and whilst at RB was good going forward, mclean beat him without doing anything 3/4 times though, hutton being shit got old a long time a go, gabby had an awful touch and looks long gone

ref was shit, gardner should have been booked earlier, keeper should have been at least booked and whilst weimann got took out by accident IMO its still a foul and a red card

Â