Ched Evans

GarethRDR

Know your enemy?

There definitely is a militant female movement out there that parts the media will latch onto and blow out of proportion but the other 99.9% of normal minded real world women vastly outnumber them to render their opinions and aims unreachable.

Much like most of us normal men take the piss out of mmv's 'ideas'.

Just because there are gender fanatics, it doesn't mean they are a threat to the normal world.

I think discussing the case is totally irrelevant and diverts attention away from the real issue: the determination of feminist campaigners to disbar him from his profession.

He was found guilty and he has served a sentence the judge considered suitable for his crime.

It has to be remembered that rape carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment and the judge felt that his crime deserved five years.

He is not considered a danger to the public or likely to repeat the offence.

It is from this point that the determination to disbar him from his profession should be judged.

If his profession was concerned with women it would not be right to allow him to return to his job but football is overwhelmingly a male space, which feminists constantly point out.

This is really the crux.

Militant political feminists hate football because they consider it one of the last bastions of male privilege and this is why they have chosen to target Evans because they wish to gain influence and funding in an area they have so far failed to find traction in.

I do not believe that the women who have led the campaign actually like football or have any affiliation with either Sheffield United or Oldham.

I believe they are just opportunistic feminists who have mobilised other global feminists to swell the numbers on their petitions and, as might be expected, the media have presented the numbers as if they represent a consensus of the UK football fraternity.

I don't believe there are 160 000 UK football fans who are determined to disbar Ched Evans.

The feminist lobby has succeeded in turning the NFL into a circus and they are looking for a similar victory in association football.

What an absolute crock of misogynistic bollocks. 

He should be barred from the profession because he is not a fit and proper person for employment. The FA would bar him form owning a club and where it not for his status as asset not employee he would find it exceptionally difficult to find any sort of employment in any industry. 

He hasn't served his sentence. He is out on licence with his sentence due to finish in 2017.

The length of sentence isn't relevant. A conviction for rape is a conviction for rape is a conviction for rape. His sentence is reflective of the fact his rape wasn't violent - but guess what...he still had sex with someone who hadn't given him permission. 

This has got **** all to do with militant feminists and everything to do with preventing low quality human beings and convicted sex offenders from acting as role models to children. 

I've signed the petition against his employment. Twice does that make me a man hating bra burner as well? 

• Like 4

I wonder what the reaction would be if he'd raped a bloke. I suspect it would be exactly the same.

There would have been a much smaller proportion of Sheffield United fans backing him and handing out abuse to Jess Ennis.

Football isn't a normal job is it?

Even at the modest level of Oldham they model themselves as a cornerstone of the community, I'd guess they do pieces of community work. I would imagine they try to portray themselves as a family club and they might well have a family stand or a family season ticket.

I expect that for PR they occasionally visits schools or hospices or help out with school sports and healthy eating initiatives or some such. I'd imagine they'll have their Kick it out anti racism promotions.

What part of school sports day, family orientated we're all the same, community spirit should a rapist out on license take part in? A serious question, if they work with local schools would Ched Evans get CRB clearance? Would you want him in the local paper, arm around your daughter promoting some healthy lifestyle initiative?  

His girlfriend's dad apparently offered 'insurance money' to cover potential losses. Perhaps he could just employ him doing something a bit less public facing. 

I read a book once about a basketball player who knobed his sister and then faked his own death and then had plastic surgery so he could play again without being recognised.* mayby convicted rapist ched evans should try this.

*play dead by Harlan Coben. Its shit.

Edited by Jimzk5

If his profession was concerned with women it would not be right to allow him to return to his job but football is overwhelmingly a male space, which feminists constantly point out.

What? The fact that he worked in a predominately male space Haas nothing to do with it. He didn't rape her on a football pitch, did he?

I have no doubt that there are militant feminists who will try to make political capital out of this incident, in the same way that Nigel Farage will turn up late got an interview and then try to make out it was because the roads were clogged with immigrants. Put simply, there are assholes on either side of any argument. But to argue that the backlash against Evans is entirely down to these militant feminists is to ignore the vast majority of the ongoing debate. I'm not a militant feminist and I entirely agree with Evans being barred from playing professional football again until he has shown some real contrition - and not just because yet another club has refused to sign him.

I read a book once about a basketball player who knobed his sister and then faked his own death and then had plastic surgery so he coil play again without being recognised.* mayby convicted rapist ched evans should try this.

*play dead by Harlan Coben. Its shit.

Spoiler alert! ;)

I like the way everyone seems to be knowledgable and have an opinion on the verdict. I mean even Steve **** Bruce thinks it's an unsafe conviction. Does nobody trust our courts anymore? I trust a courts jury who's sat through the whole evidence explained than some **** moron who's read a clearly biast web page. I've read so many stupid things this week along the lines of..."well he went down on her...how could that be rape?", "she knew what she was in for, when she went back to his hotel room", "it's her own fault she got so drunk and couldn't protect herself". ", "She's just money grabbing" . "If Evans is a rapist I am several times over

The thing I can't get my head around is that if she was too drunk to give consent to sex with Evans then surely she's too drunk to give consent to sex with McDonald as well

There's CCTV footage of her swaying all over the place and falling over in the kebab shop so surely she's too drunk to give consent to sex with MacDonald as well

The jury deem that to be a fit state to consent to sex with McDonald yet despite not consuming any more alcohol, a few hours later she's in no fit state to consent to sex with Evans

Do the jury really believe she was in a worse state than in the kebeb house???

Out of interest how many other premier league footballers do people think have done something similar? People like John Terry, Ashley Cole, Kieron Dyer,Jermaine Defoe, Gabby?

I think discussing the case is totally irrelevant and diverts attention away from the real issue: the determination of feminist campaigners to disbar him from his profession.

He was found guilty and he has served a sentence the judge considered suitable for his crime.

It has to be remembered that rape carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment and the judge felt that his crime deserved five years.

It is from this point that the determination to disbar him from his profession should be judged.

This is really the crux.

Militant political feminists hate football because they consider it one of the last bastions of male privilege and this is why they have chosen to target Evans because they wish to gain influence and funding in an area they have so far failed to find traction in.

I do not believe that the women who have led the campaign actually like football or have any affiliation with either Sheffield United or Oldham.

I believe they are just opportunistic feminists who have mobilised other global feminists to swell the numbers on their petitions and, as might be expected, the media have presented the numbers as if they represent a consensus of the UK football fraternity.

I don't believe there are 160 000 UK football fans who are determined to disbar Ched Evans.

The feminist lobby has succeeded in turning the NFL into a circus and they are looking for a similar victory in association football.

He should be barred from the profession because he is not a fit and proper person for employment. The FA would bar him form owning a club and where it not for his status as asset not employee he would find it exceptionally difficult to find any sort of employment in any industry. 

He hasn't served his sentence. He is out on licence with his sentence due to finish in 2017.

The length of sentence isn't relevant. A conviction for rape is a conviction for rape is a conviction for rape. His sentence is reflective of the fact his rape wasn't violent - but guess what...he still had sex with someone who hadn't given him permission. 

This has got **** all to do with militant feminists and everything to do with preventing low quality human beings and convicted sex offenders from acting as role models to children. 

I've signed the petition against his employment. Twice does that make me a man hating bra burner as well? 

I am sure this should be decided by the potential employers, and not by the internet mob.

Edited by limpid

This is really the crux.

Militant political feminists hate football because they consider it one of the last bastions of male privilege and this is why they have chosen to target Evans because they wish to gain influence and funding in an area they have so far failed to find traction in.

I am sure this should be decided by the potential employers, and not by the internet mob.

In most other cases I'd agree...but Evans isn't an employee. He's an asset and a role model.

The Top Shop comparisons don't work here.

This is really the crux.

Militant political feminists hate football because they consider it one of the last bastions of male privilege and this is why they have chosen to target Evans because they wish to gain influence and funding in an area they have so far failed to find traction in.

In most other cases I'd agree...but Evans isn't an employee. He's an asset and a role model.

And in most cases I would agree as well! However, because myself, yourself, or possibly a parent of a 10 year old who goes to see Oldham every weekend does not agree with Evans running around on the pitch, should our moral principles stop this guy from getting a job that some clubs are willing to pay him to do? 

First of all, the club realises the moral problem with the issue yet wants to carry on. And second of all, I can sense an almost 'holier then thou' attitutde around the matter; 'I THINK ITS WRONG FOR HIM TO PLAY, therefore let's just ruin the guys career'.

And the scary thing is, we dont even know what happened.

This is really the crux.

And in most cases I would agree as well! However, because myself, yourself, or possibly a parent of a 10 year old who goes to see Oldham every weekend does not agree with Evans running around on the pitch, should our moral principles stop this guy from getting a job that some clubs are willing to pay him to do?

First of all, the club realises the moral problem with the issue yet wants to carry on. And second of all, I can sense an almost 'holier then thou' attitutde around the matter; 'I THINK ITS WRONG FOR HIM TO PLAY, therefore let's just ruin the guys career'.

And the scary thing is, we dont even know what happened.

We could go round in circles for a while so I'll leave you with a couple of points of order.

Ched ruined his career when he raped someone. He should now be treated like every other convicted rapist; social exclusion and a struggle to find employment.

We do know what happened. He raped her. The presumption of innocence only applies until you get convicted. If we were nice to all convicts who maintained their innocence we would have no one in prison at all. Even when the CRC again uphold his conviction Ched will still protest his innocence because he genuinely believes he has done nothing wrong.

Why is Mcdonald his mate coming out with any support in the media. He got away with the crime, Ched didn't. If anyone, surely if not convicted and innocent he is the best witness to this crime, I still cannot understand why they feel they do not see his part as rape, since then she was probably more intoxicated and it was McDonald who lead her to the hotel??

Â