Ched Evans

GarethRDR

Met him a few times and done some work with the PFA.  Stories I have heard about him and the PFA are pretty interesting to say the least.  He runs that mafia organisation very much like Sepp Blatter runs FIFA.  The man has too much power.  How he didn't get sacked after the gambling incident I will never know.

Graham Rix - statuary rape sentenced to 12 months and then returned to his job at Chelsea

Lee Hughes - death by dangerous driving, sentenced to six years, and returned to football by playing for Oldham Athletic

Marlon King - sexual assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm, served 18 months (his second custodial sentence), returned to football at Coventry

So why is Ched Evans being treated differently?

Social Meejah innit

The main figure driving the campaign is a blogger anonymously known as Jean Hatchet, who, no doubt, will turn out to belong to some political pressure group or other.

There is nothing to say that the 45000 who have signed her petition are either football fans or actually live in the UK.

Met him a few times and done some work with the PFA. Stories I have heard about him and the PFA are pretty interesting to say the least. He runs that mafia organisation very much like Sepp Blatter runs FIFA. The man has too much power. How he didn't get sacked after the gambling incident I will never know.

Exactly what you'd expect from a former bluescum player.
  • Like 1

Lets hope not, lets hope that supporters home and away make it intolerable and remind him of what he is, lets hope that all the main sponsors make it difficult for oldham in the extreme.

I'm absolutely certain there are far worse men in football than Ched Evans. There are so many agendas in this situation. To think that the prolonged outrage is about Ched Evans is like thinking that One Direction's success is because the lads are so good at music. Oldham sponsors are delighted with how it's panned out. They just got named on Sky Sports News. 

Lets hope not, lets hope that supporters home and away make it intolerable and remind him of what he is, lets hope that all the main sponsors make it difficult for oldham in the extreme.

I'm absolutely certain there are far worse men in football than Ched Evans. There are so many agendas in this situation. To think that the prolonged outrage is about Ched Evans is like thinking that One Direction's success is because the lads are so good at music. Oldham sponsors are delighted with how it's panned out. They just got named on Sky Sports News. 

Whether anybody else is worse than him is irrelevant to the fact that he was found guilty of raping a woman.

• Like 3

Whether anybody else is worse than him is irrelevant to the fact that he was found guilty of raping a woman.

Of course it's relevant when you allow the others to remain in the game, but he's the subject of a witchhunt.

Edited by yillan

If convicted rapist ched evans was any good, played for the red scouse or an England int'l he would have been ok. Just look at Iron Mike, he has had film roles.

Convicted rapist Ched Evans is scum, no doubt, but why has he become the face of this when others serve their time and are allowed back in the system?

I say let Convicted rapist ched evans play but let the fans voice their opinions at the matches. He will soon skulk off and we'll probably hear that convicted rapist ched Evans has gone bankrupt soon enough and has decided to pursue other interests.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

Of course it's relevant when you allow the others to remain in the game, but he's the subject of a witchhunt.

Quite true. Is killing someone and doing a runner like Lee Hughes any lesser offense and theres Marlon King a serial woman beater. Both allowed back into football without much adverse publicity. Hypocrisy in my view. 

• Like 1

Embarrassing listening to the radio. 

One of the reasons it's so hard to secure rape convictions is because it relies on the victim giving evidence which even if managed well is a pretty demeaning ordeal. 

It seems very likely to me that he wants an appeal in the hope that the victim won't want to go through the ordeal again. 

Embarrassing listening to the radio. 

One of the reasons it's so hard to secure rape convictions is because it relies on the victim giving evidence which even if managed well is a pretty demeaning ordeal. 

It seems very likely to me that he wants an appeal in the hope that the victim won't want to go through the ordeal again. 

Or, y'know, he actually believes he's innocent?

Quite true. Is killing someone and doing a runner like Lee Hughes any lesser offense and theres Marlon King a serial woman beater. Both allowed back into football without much adverse publicity. Hypocrisy in my view. 

There was much talk of double-standards and hypocrisy across the pond, after the contrasting reactions to the assault of NFL player Ray Rice on his wife, and the assault of Hope Solo (Women's soccer) on two members of her family, one of whom was a minor.

After being charged Ray Rice was sacked by his club and given a life-time ban from NFL (he's since won his appeal against the latter sanction).

Hope Solo was not even suspended by her federation and was in fact made captain of the team in a World Cup qualifier shortly after being charged with domestic violence.

Notably there was no outcry from feminists about Solo being a poor role-model or any suggestion that by allowing her to play was an endorsement of domestic violence.

Should the USA play England in the Women's World Cup, it is certain that the two campaigners who have demanded that Ched Evans be made a pariah, will not demand that Solo should be excluded, using the same argument they use against Evans.

Hypocrisy indeed.

Many people said that the likes of McCormick, Barton and King shouldn't be allowed back either, people called for tougher punishments of Suarez on numerous occasions.

The out rage at people like this and their return to sport is relatively consistent, as it is sad to say is the willingness of clubs to open their doors to these scum bags returns.

The only real difference that I can see here is the hesitancy shown initially by Sheff United and now by Oldham of completing Evans return, had they been more sure in their actions its sadly likely that the condemnation and reactions would have quickly subsided.

Instead both clubs have pussy footed around it testing the water which has resulted in a ground swell in reaction.

That is the difference between Evans potential return and the return of others that I can see.

For what its worth, I'd rather not see the likes of Evan's, Barton, McCormick return to the sport after their respective convictions because I think football would be a better place without them. I think every time the game opens its arms to welcome back another of these characters it is tarnished and shows a totally disregard for their victims and for the future victims of people like them.

I believe in the rehabilitation of offenders but I also think that football clubs should have moral codes and beliefs that are more important to them than the ability to sign some shit bag on the cheap because most other clubs won't touch them.

• Like 2

Why are the FA not getting involved. Surely its has alot to do with them if they are letting Ched back into football.

For what its worth I think he has been made a example of for other footballers to take note. If it was a high profile Premiership footballer it would have been thrown out of court, or I believe 100% he would have been not guilty.

Personally I don't think the division he played in made the slightest difference to the judgement of the court, I don't think it made a difference what league he played in or even that he was a footballer. I don't think he justice system cares about those sort of things.

The only difference there may have been between him and a PL player would be the personal wealth and the legal representation it would buy and I concede that may have made a difference.

Â