SPECULATION: Gabby to Sunderland

Eames

would gabby get 10 goals in wovles side? i would cash in on gabby,get in fletcher & peter whittingham from the raised funds,more goals from the team & a supply from pw,
Look, I'm not entirely against the idea of cashing in on Gabby, I just don't think we should go for Fletcher.

I just don't think Fletcher is good enough for us.
what makes you say that? the facts are blinding mate, do you think gabby will come out next year & get double figures? who do you honestly think aston villa can attract these days who is "good enough".

I think getting rid of gabby would be a huge mistake.

He's going through a very bad patch in his career playing for two shit managers, injuries, played out of position and playing in poor negative teams.

I think he will be a very important player for us under a good manager.

I wouldn't be opposed to selling Gabby, but only if we bought someone who would be an improvement. And that's the thing. I've no confidence in the club to do that.

Injury or not, when a striker has two one on ones with the keeper you would expect him to put one of them away. Gabby looks completely demotivated, and as he's a fan I find it hard to blame anyone ther than Gabby for that.

If we can get anything over £5M for him we should sell him in the summer, we can do much better for £55k a week.

ffs, no way should we get fletcher. to sell gabby to buy fletcher is like selling 1-room flat in chelsea district to buy a penthouse in newham.

Poor analogy IMO. Gabby is like a dragster - quick and that's it. One trick. No end product, can't beat a man, can't cross. A 20 mins to go impact player at best. Without his pace he'd be less useful than Heskey.

Fletcher has looked good in a terrible Wolves team, but is no way good enough for Villa.

ffs, no way should we get fletcher. to sell gabby to buy fletcher is like selling 1-room flat in chelsea district to buy a penthouse in newham.

Poor analogy IMO. Gabby is like a dragster - quick and that's it. One trick. No end product, can't beat a man, can't cross. A 20 mins to go impact player at best. Without his pace he'd be less useful than Heskey.

Fletcher has looked good in a terrible Wolves team, but is no way good enough for Villa.

what i meant was even tough fletcher might look more attractiv now, in the end you may realise you are no better off, more likely worse than you were before. nothing more, nothing less :) so it seems like were almost exactly on the same page :lol:

fletcher is a no no, he is scottish and hence will be bollocks

peter grant is scottish

alex mcleish is scottish

barry bannan is scottish

alan hutton is scottish

say no more

barry bannan is scottish

I think he could come good under the next manager, especially if that manager is Roberto Martinez.

The Roberto Martinez who turned us down last season and will be manager of a team finishing higher than us? Unlikely

barry bannan is scottish

I think he could come good under the next manager, especially if that manager is Roberto Martinez.

bannan will never come good. he is not a very good footballer

barry bannan is scottish

The Roberto Martinez who turned us down last season and will be manager of a team finishing higher than us? Unlikely

Stayed out of loyalty to his chairman but the offer to become the 20th highest paid manager in the world....? Likely.

Bannan, Ireland, Zog, Bent would all thrive under him.

barry bannan is scottish

bannan will never come good. he is not a very good footballer

A while back I would have been disappointed to see Gabby leave but not anymore. Not sure whats happened to him but the defence he has lost interest due to McLeish etc is even more reason for him to leave. No matter how much I disliked someone at work I'd still put the effort in, its a weak excuse and one that is all too often given to footballers. There are plenty of others putting the effort in if not the quality so why should Gabby be any different especially when he is apparently a Villa fan.

Gabby playing out of position for houllier and for a shit manager like mcleish is like this.

What players have performed well over the last two years? Ashley young was poor last season being played out of position.

These las two years have done gabby no favours, we shouldn't turn on him so quickly as i think we'd regret it big time when we see him performing for a good team and a good manager.

Â