PAUL MCGRATH - vote for in 20 yrs of premier league team

mikeyp102

Agree with others, some of the goals/saves they've included shouldn't be in there. Sorry, but Rooney's bicycle kick is no way better than, say, Atkinson's goal vs Wimbledon.

In fact it's not even the best bicycle kick, Tricky Trevor Sinclair's was way better.

Trevor Sinclairs was an FA Cup game.

Anyway my own personal team of the last 20 years would not include any Villa players to be honest. Honourable mentions to Yorke, Mcgrath and Merson, but if I had to do my team of the last 20 years it would be basically manchester united, arsena, chelseal and liverpool players. Thats not me loving the Sky 4, I just dont think there is a player outside of those clubs who would get in.

As for best celebration that has to be Ketsbaia kicking the advertising boards in 1997.

My team was kind of easy, but some players are left out because of obvious position restrictions:

GK - Schmeichel (Edges Van der Sar basically because he is legendary. Lost a lot of cred playing for Man City and Vilal though)

DR - Neville (Love him or loathe him, his stability surpasses any player with higher ability over time)

DC - Vidic (One of the best and toughest defenders the world has seen. Never skips a challenge, has 4 league trophies)

DC - Adams (Him or Terry, not much between them)

DL - Evra (None of the other candidates matches his ability in my opinion)

MR - Ronaldo (Many challengers, but none as good as him of course. 9 trophies, including 3 titles)

MC - Scholes (Because he played longer than Keane basically, otherwise tied. Scholes still one of the best in the league)

MC - Vieira (One of the most important players for any team, and they won the league under him)

ML - Giggs (Don't think any objective team should include another player. Pires a second, but Giggs still plays and Pires sucks as we know)

ST - Henry (No contest)

ST - Shearer (Also pretty given because of his goals compared to Cantona, but a few others should be named incl. Van Nistelrooy)

Agree with others, some of the goals/saves they've included shouldn't be in there. Sorry, but Rooney's bicycle kick is no way better than, say, Atkinson's goal vs Wimbledon.

In fact it's not even the best bicycle kick, Tricky Trevor Sinclair's was way better.

But, but, it's Wayne Rooney... If he farts it's automatically better than any other thing that happens.

One can tell that Sky likes crappy defending. To this day the best in the PL that I've seen is United-Villa at Old Trafford in the 92/93 season. But it ended 1-1 so of course it couldn't be in that list.

And why the hell did they overlook Atkinson vs Wimbledon I'll never know. And talking about over head bicycle kicks, where's Cahill?

Have to admit that I somehow forgot to include Giggs and Shearer in my team. :oops: Can't even remember who I put on the left.

Tried to get a minus on Young but they denied that. But Young on the right? :?

My team was kind of easy, but some players are left out because of obvious position restrictions:

GK - Schmeichel (Edges Van der Sar basically because he is legendary. Lost a lot of cred playing for Man City and Vilal though)

DR - Neville (Love him or loathe him, his stability surpasses any player with higher ability over time)

]DC - Vidic (One of the best and toughest defenders the world has seen. Never skips a challenge, has 4 league trophies)

DC - Adams (Him or Terry, not much between them)

DL - Evra (None of the other candidates matches his ability in my opinion)

MR - Ronaldo (Many challengers, but none as good as him of course. 9 trophies, including 3 titles)

MC - Scholes (Because he played longer than Keane basically, otherwise tied. Scholes still one of the best in the league)

MC - Vieira (One of the most important players for any team, and they won the league under him)

ML - Giggs (Don't think any objective team should include another player. Pires a second, but Giggs still plays and Pires sucks as we know)

ST - Henry (No contest)

ST - Shearer (Also pretty given because of his goals compared to Cantona, but a few others should be named incl. Van Nistelrooy)

No God? :? :cry:

Schmeichel, Neville G, McGrath, Adams, Irwin; Beckham Scholes Le Tissier Giggs, Bergkamp, Zola

was my side. Prejudice against clearings in the woods may have influenced my exclusion of Ashley Cole, Ronaldo and Roy Keane but I remain content.

I also voted for Letissier's goal against Blackburn too, what a rocket.

I went for:

Given (just cause he's ours)

G.Neville,

God,

Adams,

Irwin,

McManaman (highly overlooked imo, went and did it abroad and was inspirational for Real at the time)

Scholes,

Viera,

Giggs,

Henry,

Shearer.

Surprised by the amount on there who've played for villa. Although probably in the twilight of they're career.

Just voted for God.

The most vomit inducing part of this voting is the fact they have included Alex Ferguson and Brian Kidd in 'Celebration of the last 20 yrs'. If I recall this was the day we were drawing 0-0 at home to Coventry and they were cheating there way to a 2-1 victory, secured in the 8th minute of injury time, as they moved ahead of us in the title race.

Where's Dalian's goal against Wimbledon and the susequent umbrella celebration? rocket polishers.

Where's the 4-4 draws with Spurs and Chelsea? Who is to say one 4-4 draw is better than another and should be put up for a nomination?The London/North West bias here is astonishing. Where's Stan's goal v Derby, Dalian's goal of the season v Wimbledon...? How many Midland's clubs and players are represented here?

Just shows how the media influences and shapes football and it's perceived "history". It stinks. This vote is pointless because it will be dominated by glory hunting teenage plastic fans from Asia, Africa and elsewhere simply voting for nonsense they've been spoon fed by the London/NorthWest media that controls the game.

I have no idea how some peopl ehaven't voted for Schmeichel as their keeper. He's head and shoulders above ayone else who's played in this league.

My team, fwiw:

-------Schmeichel

Neville, God, Adams, Cole

Ronaldo, Scholes, Le Tiss, Giggs

---------Cantona, Henry

If I was picking a team to actually take to the field and play against someone, that wouldn't be it.

For example, i think Pires at his best was better than Giggs. Bergkamp was better than Cantona, someone like Viera would work better in midfield than le Tiss.

But in this kind of thing I think you have to forget those things to an extent and include other things such as character, longevity, consistency etc

Â