PAUL MCGRATH - vote for in 20 yrs of premier league team

mikeyp102

This is not based on longevity, but class. Therefore God is a no - brainer. John Terry, please, he epitomises everything that is wrong with football today and is nothing more than a rich man's Ken McNaught, excluding the fact he's a word removed and he's never won a European Cup!!!

And on the subject of God, how can Cantona not be the second name on the team sheet. His only crimes being French and having the temerity to accept the accolade pertaining him to be .the second coming

Schmiechal

Neville God Stam Pearce

Kanchelskis Viera Keane Giggs

Henry Bergkamp

I would actually probably choose Ronaldo on the right but I hate him too much and would rather lose the game than pick him.

Similar team to you, but Cole left back and Scholes in midfield ahead of Keane, would also have Adams ahead of Stam at centre back. Have watched football for over 40 years and never seen a centre half in the same class as God

God is the best centre half i have ever seen, not too far behind would be Franco Baresi

to be be a top deffender it is not always about giving 110% but sometimes how you can read a situation and these two had that in bucket loads. imagine these two in the same team!

Due to the confusion caused by my retarded post, i'll clear it up by saying,

Why on earth wouldnt you pick god in your team? The only reason I filled that form in was to select McGrath. I wouldn't have even gone on that site if it was full of sky 4 players.

best goal has to be the Bergkamp one against Newcastle. it is pure genius.

That's the one I voted for, but until my dying day I'll never be totally convinced he really meant it.

I've always been unsure too.

However, if he didn't mean it, he still knows exactly where the ball is going. You can tell by the way he spins and look straight away at where the ball is.

So maybe he didn't intend to do it when the ball was played into him, but it's not like it just bounced off him. He may not have known before he did it, but you can tell that a split second after he's touched it he knows exactly what he's doing.

• 3 weeks later...
Just had the team emailed to me and McGrath did not make it! :angry:

Schmeichel

Neville

Adams

Ferdinand

Cole

Ronaldo

Scholes

Keane

Giggs

Henry

Shearer

Ferdinand and Keane? Seriously?

Not surprised though. What do you expect when there are so many fans of that plastic club throughout the country (and the world)?

Â