Match thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

chappy

A massively motivated MON will have his players humming for this game. Will McLeish do the same for our players in the first of his three 'cup finals'?

2-0 to Sunderland followed by some very angry scenes following the final whistle.

A massively motivated MON will have his players humming for this game. Will McLeish do the same for our players in the first of his three 'cup finals'?

Yeah he's probably telling them in training "pretend Villa Park is Wembley" thinking that's enough.

-----------------------------Given------------------------------

---lichaj------------Collins----Cuellar----------Warnock----

------------------------herd-------ireland------------------------

----------carruthers----------------zog----------------Gabby-----

------------------------------Weimann--------------------------

This should be winnable, but will probably end in a draw. The wheels are starting to come back off the Sunderland bus a bit as the lift from the MON appointment wears off. They haven't scored in their last 3 games, including a spanking by Everton and a draw at home to Wolves.

I say go for the win which would pretty much guiarantee safety rather than counting on draws against Sunderland, Bolton and Norwich. I like dakid007's idea of putting Ireland in the middle rather than in the hole. It's where he always ends up playing anyway since no one else is able to bring the ball forward (I swear I saw Lichaj pass the ball back to Ireland at the center line once against ManU). Putting Zog in the middle gives him more options to move with the ball without getting trapped in a blind alley and more chance of finding an open teammate to pass to if he actually lifts his head up.

Win and we are safe but I just can't see it happening. Martin O'Neill will have his team up for this more than McLeish and I think we will get beaten and beaten solidly.

If that happens I expect the atmosphere to get very very hostile and the thousands of fans who have been holding back at VP week after week will let McLeish know exactly what they think.

Huge game for many reasons, I hope we win but I just can't see it and if we don't then I think we are in huge trouble.

Well. As it happens I'll be down in Birmingham on Friday (sadly, for my best mate's mum's funeral), and I thought I'd stay over and go to this match.

But then I thought about it, and decided **** it, I'm not wasting my money. :(

Yeah he's probably telling them in training "pretend Villa Park is Wembley" thinking that's enough.

Or he could tell them "pretend Villa park is the Theatre of Dreams and you're playing in front of 75,000 fans instead of 25,000".

The club emailed me last night regarding the 4 tickets for £50

I literally cannot find 3 other people willing to go, my son even said no got better things to do than watch that shite again

Well,first off,Is Sunderland classed as an "Elite" team ?

If the answer is yes then we can't expect to beat an "Elite" team can we ?

If the answer is no, then I predict that we will draw or lose,a loss is more likely, with McIdiot shouting and waving his arms about on the sideline pretending that he knows what is happening on the pitch.

Taking my girlfriend to her first game at VP (been to two away games) and paid top whack for tickets in the Holte.

Therefore we will produce the performance of the season, McLeish will be regarded as a hero forever more and we will be safe from relegation.

Or the likely thing will happen..

^ I got Viagogo tickets for £13. Booing two managers for that low price can't be sniffed at.

Wow nice! How the hell did you manage that after they piled on all of their bullshit handling fee's!!??

I miss Seat Exchange :(

Fees!? A friend got a few tickets and said £13. I'm going to ignore these "fees".