• Ireland
    • Bannan
    • Gardner
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann
    • Heskey (for Clark 64)
    • Carruthers (for Ireland 75)
    • N'Zogbia (for Weimann 83)

Getting beaten by Utd at Old Trafford is the most predictable result of any season. Defeat today was always going to be an odds on certainty.

However, at least in recent years we've managed to put up a good fight and make them work for their annual guaranteed 6 pointer. Today was just simply men against boys. And despite McLeish's laughable post match comments about him always believing we can get points off any team, we were never going to get anything out of this game in a million years the way we were set up.

Yes, we've got plenty of injuries but how much longer is that excuse going to be wheeled out to deflect from the obvious woeful misunderstanding there seems to be between the players on the pitch? And the blame for that lies solely with Eck. And even if the likes of Dunne, Bent and Stan we're fit and available today, would it honestly have made that much of a difference?

It says something when a re-arranged home tie against Bolton is set to become the defining moment of our season. It really has come to that. If we lose that game, we really could be going down.

McLeish has the perfect excuse now - injuries.

Its ok saying we have injuries and blaming the performance on lack of experience but the cock had Heskey, Cueller and Nzogbia on the bench and played a player in Clarke that has not played in 2 months.

Lerner do the right thing and admit your mistake before its too late and you lose the fans forever.

Wasn't going too, really wasn't going to, but i watched the game on Sky Sports.

Why Baker instead of Cuellar? Just why? Step over in the six yard box hoping there was no-one behind him. At school level, my P.E Teacher drummed it into us. Row **** Z if you're not sure, row **** Z! Who the **** is coaching these kids?

N'Zogbia on the bench instead of Bannan. Why? Just why?

Nothing going forward. No movement. Completely static and no help when team mates were surrounded by opposing defenders.

No creativity in midfield apart from one through ball from Ireland to Weiman at the start of the game. After that, absolutely nothing. No-one to grab the team by the scruff of the neck and push us forward. Just nothing.

At the end of the game i noted Ireland walking down the tunnel with Rooney. Both were laughing. Just too bloody easy wasn't it.

That performance was as bad as i've seen from a Villa team and i include the one against Spurs in that.

Dwight Yorke, after the game was over, said he had watched us four times and had seen nothing to suggest that we would win another game this season.

You see he had seen nothing.

The team that played today showed the type of form frowned upon in the Championship and when the camera fell upon old 'Deadly Doug' during the game he looked embarrassed. So he should, because after that performance today, i too, was embarrassed.

Apart from Given, a completely shocking performance from our players whether young or experienced. No effort and no sweat stained shirts yet they will still get their wages.

Just nothing.

Well we are useless and it's not gonna change as long as macmuppet is the manager...I have no idea what Randy is doing or thinking but i think it's time to say goodbye to Aston Villa for you mate..you wont bring us forward and i think it would be better if you sold the club to someone who cared alittle bit more than you do.

AVFC,the biggest team in Englands second biggest city with a huge and passionated fanbase,i think it's fair to say that the fans of aston villa deserves something better than this...The sheiks bought man city cause of thier passionate fan base..there must be someone out there who are capable and willing to put some cash in to AVFC

As for that diving little muppet that used to play for us

I have lost all respect i ever had for that little word removed...diving for a penalty against your former club then celebrating like crazy..it's very rarley i see someone lacking in class like that.

Lichaj MOTM, Weimann and Carruthers were decent.

The rest ranged from okay to shite.

Not much to say about the game except that he really needs to be relieved of his duties. Shocking substitutions and tactics, he is clueless and out of his depth. Gabby needs to be benched next week too.

Man Utd dominant, but Ashley Young shows again that if you put him near a guy and a camera he'll go down quicker than Tulisa.

oh well he was a diving word removed when he played for us and he is a diving word removed now, nothing has changed

we were always going to lose with or without his antics

although i can guarantee that some of the people up in arms about the diving word removed would not have called it as it was this time last year, it would have been all "oh there was a bit of contact"/"u cant stick your leg out these days"

Cant even pick a MotM out of that.

Most predictable scoreline in football history. As yet undiscovered tribes of rain forest pygmies knew that Villa would get tatered

"The young lions have come to the Theatre of Dreams, the champions, a world-class club side playing against people like Scholes thinking can we get close to them, can we stop them playing?

"Tactically we tried to do that. But actually putting it into practice is another ball game for the guys.

The theatre of dreams? The theatre of **** dreams?

Was McLeish there today to manage our team, or to buy himself a replica united shirt?

I was there sat amongst the United fans unfortunately.

A few observations:

1) The penalty looked stonewall from where I was sat, high in the gods behind the penalty area that it was conceded in. However having seen the replays my hatred for Ashley Young just grows everytime I see it now.

2) We looked absolutely devoid of any ideas, spark, movement.

3) I was a big fan of Gardner & Bannan but I am starting to question if they're really good enough at the moment. I still believe given time they will come good

4) Carruthers looks useful but let's not start hyping him up the way we have with other promising youth players () e.g. Bannan, Gardner). He will come good given time

5) Putting the Villa fans way up in the gods trashed the atmosphere, Old Trafford is not what it was & my mate who used to go home and away with United can't stand going to OT anymore as it's just full of day trippers expecting champagne football and 5,6,7-0 victories

6) United fans are the ficklest bunch of fans around, 3-0 up and some of them were booing when they lost the ball and saying they were shite.

7) United fans around me were saying that Villa were the worst team they had seen at OT this season.

8) Bolton is a critical game now even more so if Wigan get anything at Arsenal which isn't out of the realms of possibility

"The young lions have come to the Theatre of Dreams, the champions, a world-class club side playing against people like Scholes thinking can we get close to them, can we stop them playing?

"Tactically we tried to do that. But actually putting it into practice is another ball game for the guys.

The theatre of dreams? The theatre of **** dreams?

Was McLeish there today to manage our team, or to buy himself a replica united shirt?

:evil: Haven't posted on this site for around a year, but that quote from Mcleish is so breathtakingly stupid I originally thought it was a joke.

This and the alleged site of Peter Grant applauding Rooney off as he was substitiuted are the final straw for me.Astonishing.Please just go.

Â