• Ireland
    • Bannan
    • Gardner
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann
    • Heskey (for Clark 64)
    • Carruthers (for Ireland 75)
    • N'Zogbia (for Weimann 83)

Shit. Almost punched my monitor when I saw that clearing in the woods Young dive.

Kudos to Lichaj for giving a shit and keeping Valencia in his pocket for most of the game. True, he got overwhelmed at points but always recovered well and made Valencia cross from deep.

It's not a coincidence their first 3 goals waltz from the left.

Diabolical performance.

Wouldn't surprise me if 4-0 was not the most common scoreline for Utd v Villa at Old Trafford over the past 10 years. MON certainly presided over a few of them.

We had about 6 players with probably less than 80 games between them out there today, a depressingly out of form Gabby and no leadership whatsoever.

Yes, McLeish is a ginger word removed etc etc, but I am not sure that too many managers could have done much diffierently with this lot today. Maybe Cuellar for Baker & N'Zogbia for Clark - not much else...

Didn't see it going any other way really. We are putting an inexperienced team out there, but when we could have started Heskey, Cuellar and N'Zogbia that doesn't really wash as an excuse.

Given - 5 - Two decent saves but very average otherwise

Hutton - 0 - Absolutely atrocious.

Collins - 5 - Decent in open play but can't mark.

Baker - 6 - Tried hard and didn't disgrace himself.

Lichaj - 6 - Had a tough task which he stuck to well. Shame he has no left foot as it stunted our attacks.

Clark - 6 - Decent game. Composed and can actually control a football

Gardner - 4 - Probably not ready for this level yet. The entire game passed him by

Ireland - 5 - Not great today, but then hoofball isn't his game and it's not like he had any runners to aim passes for.

Bannan - 3 - Championship player. He can cross a dead ball and that's it.

Weimann - 6 - Gave a good account of himself. Should have done better with his chance perhaps

Agbonlahor - 0 - Shocking. I don't know what the matter with him is but he's seriously affecting our performances. He needs to be dropped.

All the subs did moderately well when they came on. Carruthers looked good but of course he was playing against a midfield that had been playing 75 mins. He's got some ability but let's not get carried away.

awful. Predictable loss but we were terrible.

Given 7 - don't think he could have done much about the goals and made a couple of excellent saves to keep it "respectable"

Lichaj - 6 did reasonably well to be fair, but its hard for these young uns playing in such an uncohesive and directionless side

Baker 5 - I like him generally and will be happy to see him given more games, as he's still very young but poor today, especially for the goal

Collins 6 - also at fault a bit for the second goal and generally not much more than average

Hutton 4 - poor and rash challenge, however nice it was to see that cheating shit get knobbled.

Bannan 5 - poor, some good balls and also clearly not his position but also frustration evident in that rash challenge at the end but you can't blame him for feeling that. Still though, needs to play better if he's to get a chance next season to establish himself.

Clark 5 - first game back, was contact for the pen, against that shit, but otherwise, struggled a bit.

Ireland 6 only player with consistently decent touch and had a rare shot on goal.

Gardner 4.5 barely saw him tbh

Wiemann 5.5 - early chance poor shot ran around thereafter and again clueless tactics didn't help so can't be too harsh on him really.

Agbonlahor 3.5 shit. For one of the most experienced players in the side I have to say I thought Gabby was rubbish. Partly due to being forced onto the wing but our **** manager I accept but he's played there long enough to play better than that, passing was terrible.

heskey 6- not crap had our best chance on goal, ok

carruthers 6- looks keen good luck to him, difficult to shine in the conditions of the match though

amc 4 - ok its united away so not critical for losing but this haphazard gobshite that passes for tactics and direction in the side is very boring now.

Just heard that we are second bottom in the form table ahead of Wolves for 2012. Totally dire performance, odd substitutions, we just look like a pub team. God knows what Gabby has to do to get benched as he was woeful. Pointing at Ashley's dive, or the injuries are just papering over the cracks that were plainly in sight when McLeish had a full squad to pick from.

Where our next points are coming from I don't know. Like winning, losing becomes a habit, and we're addicted. There are many things wrong with our club, but the negative attitude of McLeish is contagious and he is rotten for our club. Removing him is not the only answer, but it is a huge step to bringing back some feelgood factor to the Villa.

Today again just showed he's completely out of his depth.

FYI from 'McLeish Out!' you can make 'CEO, I,m shit!' unfortunately the man is never going to fess up. Hopefully the fact that our own club ambassador Ian Taylor is forced to bite his lip Faulkner will be forced to take notice. I'm sure Doug will air his opinion too!

Gabby and Bannan were very poor today. Bannan in particular for me, giving the ball away under no pressure when we had a couple of breaks.

Midfield had no width and was just too deep. Only bright spots were Lichaj, Carruthers and Weimann.

Why wasn't N'Zogbia starting? Surely its to do with the fall out.

Need 1 win from the next two and i think we'll get it. Hopefully we can get safe with home games left to protest.

I haven't had the chance to see Villa live for a few months, so I was interested to watch the game today, to see how bad we are. And yes whilst expecting to lose (Man Utd are a) fighting for something and B) a much better team)... i was appalled to be sitting in a pub in Lancashire. I was embarrassed. I don't think I've ever seen us play so bad.

My wife and I actually started a game of counting how many passes we could do before giving the ball away, our highest was 11, and the 11th was a pass back to Given, who booted it up the pitch to a Man Utd head. Couldn't string a pass together. Couldn't defend. Couldn't attack. Shocking. Ashamed.

People rating Given 5 at 6s are numpties.

He got beaten by

1. A Pen

2. A defensive mistake (both Collins and Baker should have got a foot on it)

3. A deflected shot

4. He was probably so sick of making strings of saves after our clueless players gave the ball away he thought **** it.

If we had a player of Shay Givens quality in each position we'd be top four.

Regardless of that cheating cnut Young and bias officiating - as soon as I saw that line-up painstakingly selected by AMc, I knew we would get a hiding.

Concidering we had options to pick a first team CB and midfielder in Cuellar and CNZ, AMC continued to beast the youngsters out of position.

AMc is a master at getting our team to roll over and have their tummy's tickled. I bet he and his great pal, Sir Alex are having a lovely chat now over a glass of vino, not giving a shit about the club.

I'm glad Faulkner was there today to witness this latest dose of insipid turgid anti-football but have no faith whatsoever that it will make any difference to AMc's future.

My ratings:

Given: 6. Saved many many shots on goal.

Hutton: 4. Back to his best attrocious self but not aided by Bannan at RM.

Collins. 6. Not bad but resorted to hoofing. At fault for goal 2.

Baker. 5. Too much to ask of a young player and it showed.

Lichaj. 5. As per Baker

Bannan. 4. Too slow to distribute and NOT A WINGER

Clark. 5. Rusty but put in a good showing. Unlucky cheating cnut did him for a penalty

Ireland. 6. One of the bright lights. composed and tried to pass to colleagues, not opponents - no wonder he was subbed!

Gardner. 4. Anonymous except for silly fouls. Appeared too lightweight.

Gabby. 4. Shouldn't be captain and at the moment, shouldn't be picked

Weimmann. 5. Tried hard all game long.

Subs:

Heskey. 6. well, he did try and forced a save!

Carruthers. 6. very promising cameo from Samir - keep it up!

N'Zogbia. not enough time to mark.

McLeish - 3. Poor selection, poor tactics, right subs, wrong order!!!

Utter garbage once again.

Yet, if you didn't watch the game and just listened to the McLeish interview you would think we had played well and were just unlucky.

Young diving didn't help matters, but anyone who thinks we would have come away with a point or a win are as deluded as McLeish. We were second best by some distance and would have lost regardless of the penalty.

I know we are playing with a lot of kids - but sadly with a full-strength team we probably wouldn't have faired much better.

McLeish has the perfect excuse now - injuries.

We are a club in disarray and looking at the fixtures, we need to avoid defeat against Bolton and Sunderland. If we lose those games then relegation beckons for sure as I can't see us winning the others.

People rating Given 5 at 6s are numpties.

He got beaten by

1. A Pen

2. A defensive mistake (both Collins and Baker should have got a foot on it)

3. A deflected shot

4. He was probably so sick of making strings of saves after our clueless players gave the ball away he thought **** it.

If we had a player of Shay Givens quality in each position we'd be top four.

I agree with your point on today's match rating but to imply he's had a great season/is top 4 quality etc is a long way wide of the mark imo. He has to take his share of the blame for our pathetic attempts at defending corners and free kicks this season. You'd hope that someone of his experience would realise that given our -21 set piece GD, remaining rooted to your line every team hasn't proved particularly effective. One of the least commanding keepers I've ever seen.

Given - 7, good saves, only player worth having on the pitch

Hutton - 3, can't play football

Collins - 4, poor game

Clark - 3, very poor game

Lichaj - 5, not as poor a game

Baker - 4, poor game

Ireland - 2 shit

Bannan - 3, see Hutton

Gardner - 3 very poor game

Agbonlahor - 3, see Bannan

Weimann - 5, Not really in the game, so possibly our best player

Heskey (for Clark 64) - 3, see Agbonlahor

Carruthers (for Ireland 75) - 5, Promising but not much else to say

N'Zogbia (for Weimann 83) - 3, see Heskey

Hutton - 3, can't play football

Bannan - 3, see Hutton

Agbonlahor - 3, see Bannan

Heskey (for Clark 64) - 3, see Agbonlahor

N'Zogbia (for Weimann 83) - 3, see Heskey

:crylaugh: harsh

Expected result with the usual combination of ineptness from both players and manager.

The bit that really annoyed me was the our clueless manager's post match interview. I'm getting fed up with the usual bull shit where you perm one or more of the following excuses: big side, very hard place to come to, young players, inexperience, injuries, unlucky and the referee.

The one thing he should admit is that is so completely and utterly out of his depth its embarrassing. Its worse still that he is aided and abetted by the very worst owner in the Premiership in the shape of Lerner and his pet monkey Paul Faulkner. That triumvirate are leading us towards oblivion.

I'm sick of every single aspect of Aston Villa at the moment. What makes it worse is the deafening silence from the club. My money, literally, is still on us being relegated.

Â