• Ireland
    • Bannan
    • Gardner
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann
    • Heskey (for Clark 64)
    • Carruthers (for Ireland 75)
    • N'Zogbia (for Weimann 83)

"The young lions have come to the Theatre of Dreams, the champions, a world-class club side playing against people like Scholes thinking can we get close to them, can we stop them playing?

"Tactically we tried to do that. But actually putting it into practice is another ball game for the guys.

The theatre of dreams? The theatre of **** dreams?

Was McLeish there today to manage our team, or to buy himself a replica united shirt?

Please tell me he didn't actually say that :shock:

"The young lions have come to the Theatre of Dreams, the champions, a world-class club side playing against people like Scholes thinking can we get close to them, can we stop them playing?

"Tactically we tried to do that. But actually putting it into practice is another ball game for the guys.

Was McLeish there today to manage our team, or to buy himself a replica united shirt?

That was my initial reaction, sadly and shamefully it's there in all it's 'glory' on the OS.

Agree about gabby 'chappy' and he should never have been made Captain.

This is it.

Whatever decision this idiot of a manager makes turns out to be the wrong one.

I have gone away, watched a bit of telly, and reflected on this season.

Apart from the dramatic wins away at Wolves and Chelsea, there has been absolutely nothing of note. It has been quite simply the worst season in living memory.

Someone else mentioned the coaching. As much as I hate McLeish, I do actually wonder if it is actually him who is responsible for the garbage we keep being served up.

Peter Grant upset the applecart at SHA, and according to a certain source inside Bodymoor Heath, there are a number of players who are getting sick of the way he operates.

If Lerner isn't prepared to sack McLeish, at least let us have a new coach on the training field as it is clear that Grant is not up to the job.

That was my initial reaction, sadly and shamefully it's there in all it's 'glory' on the OS.

McLeish is Dave Brent.

I don't even know what to say. The Villa fans were class today - singing for practically 90 minutes and never turned on the players once. I have to focus on our fans otherwise I might be tempted to look for a rope - as the rest of our Club is plummeting quicker than Ashley Young when he steps on the IOD strapped to Ciaran's leg.

I never liked Young when he was a Villa player - check my previous posts if you like - and today proved exactly why. Yes, he might be a decent player, but he's a classless little prick who heaps shame on his club. How can United be pleased to have cheated themselves to another title?

And to the 40-year-old Man Yoo 'fan' who said to three of us after the game 'you better hide those colours' and 'you got done today' among other things - you are as classless as the over-paid players you watch week-in-week-out. Grow up.

Football is **** shite.

I didn't watch the game today because I had more pressing matters than watching us get raped but seeing that has really made my blood boil. Embarrassing.

Just sack him already Randy you useless idiot and sell the club when you're done with it.

I didn't believe this was a real quote either, good to know that his ambition for the game was so high. Had we managed to get close to them and stop them playing, I'm sure the champagne would have flowed deep into the night in bars right across the midlands.

He has to go.

McTool is just hopeless.

Weiman at left wing whilst the Zog is on the bench and Gabby is up front. Bannan at right wing. Heskey getting on in front of the Zog. A team that looks so low on everything - confidence, tactics etc..

He has made us a laughing stock.

Upsides: Lichaj looked good again, Baker has the raw material, Clarke looks like a player, Caruthers - wow! But you can't go to OT with 6 youngsters in your team, people playing out of position and no plan or strategy and hope to get anything.

Ashley Young gets taken off to a round of applause. Not that I expect a chorus of boos but it about sums up modern football. It was a worse dive than against QPR.

This is OLd Trafford I remember OGS getting sent off at OLd Trafford for a blatant professional foul and the ‘faithful’ clapping him.

Well,I suppose 4-0 against an "Elite" team is no more than you would expect. I expect to see Young at the olympics, getting a gold for diving !

Its not like Man U needed a penalty to beat us is it ?

As far as the team is concerned, I thought the same as last week,lots of running around lots of energy and lots of commitment BUT no plan at all,no direction, no purpose to all that running around.And who is to blame for that .........McIdiot.

I fear that next season will be our last in the Premier league !

LOL at all those Villans wanting to give this tosser a round of applause when he returned to Villa Park. He wanted out and it happened he is no hero to Villa, just another overpaid jerk who used to play for us.

This word removed doesn't give a toss about us, not only the cheating dive for which the FA will do "sweet FA" about but the celebration afterwards jumping on Shrek's back.

TBH though we all knew the result would be a loss and that McRelegator would not be able to motivate the team.

Two embarrassments stood out (from many) yesterday ...... Ashley Young who demonstrated what a scumbag he really is and Gabby who played like he couldn't give a toss for Villa. If that's what Gabby thinks being captain is all about then heaven help us ..... no effort, bad attitude and all round one of the worst performances from a Villa player I have EVER seen. Shame on him !

Away against United, a wounded United looking for revenge for the loss against Wigan AND playing for the title. 99 times out of hundred a team like us will get spanked. Add Mark Halsey to that giving them their 12th man and you might as well pack up and go home. But our players didn't really help either. When they scored the 2nd goal our players weren't closer than 5 yards to the player with the ball through the whole attack. We were too passive. That will never do against United at the theatre of cheats.

And why the hell play Weimann on the left wing?

Lichaj by far our best player today. 2nd comes Hutton for at least trying to injure the diving word removed.

And then there was this idiot who was supposed to be there to officiate the game. He clearly was sent there by FA to help United to win as comfortable as possible. And they really didn't need that help. I don't think I've ever seen a ref beeing so openly biased. The penalty, yes, but then there were those moments of injured players. Scholes went down and you could see how Halsey urged the Villa players to play the ball out of the pitch so he could get some treatment. Then Clark got a head injury and Halsey let the game flow as United were on the counter attack and as soon as we got the ball he blew his whistle. And after that, when he was going to drop the ball, he actually told the Villa player where to pass the ball. Back to the keeper. That's not for him to decide. Why the hell did he do that for?

A game that a very few men came away from with a good reputation intact.

Isn't it completely obvious yet to the whole world that Alex Mcleish hasn't got a clue about being a football manager?

He's a **** charlatan, Lerner's **** it up again. stuck with Mcleish for 3 years, if he doesn't relegate us this year he will next.

I did not watch this game, I have watched almost every game live for the last 5-6 years (Australia only started getting full Premier League coverage around this time). Up till all hours 12-6am in the morning depending on kick-offs here in Australia, I was up at 12:30am this morning with a 1am kick-off and thought my time would be better spent getting the shut eye and awakening to the inevitable United _____ Villa to maintain advantage headline. The blank being either A)Ease past or B)Thump. I woke at 5am feelin a little guilty at passing up the chance to watch the lads go around and got my phone and fumbled to eurosport to find thumped and happily went back to sleep glad i took the chance to get a couple of hours. I woke and watched the replay, glad to see the whole team followed my example and got a few hours in as well.

I could care less about injuries we've had it before and the team has turned up, this is a rabble, almost refuse to watch us play the top half of the league for the fear we will roll over at their 'elite' status..sad to say it after reading it so much in these threads and trying to keep positive but McLeish is a vortex of good intentions, football and brain cells it seems. I love this club with all my soul but for the club as a whole to accept what is happening here and the manner in which it is unfolding makes me for the first time in 16 years of supporting the team question it.

If the media (well, some of them) think for one minute that because of a predictable piece of Young theatrics we were 'on a hiding to nothing from then on'......well, frankly they're deluded.

We're crap. Thats all there is to it.

Lose to Sunderland in the same manner and Randy Lerner might do better to widen the exits.

Â