Weekends football 14/16

andykeenan

I don't even feel bad about it. On another day they don't get the breaks and lose but they set up to give themselves a shot and it paid off. We could play Man U 50.000 times in a row set up the way we were and wouldn't come away with a single point.

What a result for Wigan that.

Two polar opposite characters in Roberto Martinez and Arsene Wenger. One an absolute class act and the other a miserable old git.

Fabregas is a total tosser, thankfully we don't have his antics in our league anymore - 10 times worse than Ronaldo.

have to agree, great player but was some tosser. found the right club for himself ;)

Why dont these **** so called "elite teams" ever play shit against us?

**** off Arsenal, **** right off.

We'd help our cause by actually playing good against them. Only performance we've put in that was comparable to Wigan tonight was the win over Chelsea, yet Wigan have played like that a few times.

What a superb match that was. Victor Moses was unbelievable. As was Di Santo & Gomez. What a performance from Wigan. You'd wonder what they're capable of if they could just convince themselves it's April every month.

Wenger is a classless word removed. When interviewed after the game and asked if Wigan's 3-4-3 had anything to do with how difficult Arsenal found it, he chuckled to himself and poo-pooed the idea, almost as if he'd been asked something idiotic like 'Did you lose the match due to Martinez' lucky rabbit's foot or a pact he made with a witch?'

Wake up, you just got out-attacked and out-defended at home. If you can't give credit to the tactics of your opposition - especially much weaker opposition - in that situation, then you should just piss off and shut your mouth rather than chuckling away like we're all in on a joke together.

was a great game to watch the opposite of any Villa performance.

Thought Di Santo and Caldwell were very good especially as ive never saw either have a decent game

Agree i've never seen Caldwell have a decent game too (until yesterday of course)

Moses is still very young and if he continues to improve he'll become a really good player imo too.

I thought Wenger did well in his post match interview to be honest. It can't have been easy. He was just beaten at home in a match most people thought would be a cricket score to the home side. And let's face it, while Wigan were absolutely brilliant, they did have to do much more than their fair share of defending (which they did superbly I might add).

So it's not as if Arsenal were thoroughly outplayed. I think it was more a case that Wigan went way above what they usually do and were able to match Arsenal toe to toe, but that's all they did. Match Arsenal on the day and come away with a vital win. So I think the interviewer was a little cheeky to ask Wenger if it was "one of those days where you're just beaten by the better team". If that had been Kenny Dalglish I suspect Mr. Sky would've got a Glasgow kiss for that question. Arsene was quite clearly biting his tongue and would've rather been anywhere else. But he plodded on and conducted himself quite well under the circumstances.

I won't deny he's a classless git at the best of times though.

I thought Wenger did well in his post match interview to be honest. It can't have been easy. He was just beaten at home in a match most people thought would be a cricket score to the home side. And let's face it, while Wigan were absolutely brilliant, they did have to do much more than their fair share of defending (which they did superbly I might add).

So it's not as if Arsenal were thoroughly outplayed. I think it was more a case that Wigan went way above what they usually do and were able to match Arsenal toe to toe, but that's all they did. Match Arsenal on the day and come away with a vital win. So I think the interviewer was a little cheeky to ask Wenger if it was "one of those days where you're just beaten by the better team". If that had been Kenny Dalglish I suspect Mr. Sky would've got a Glasgow kiss for that question. Arsene was quite clearly biting his tongue and would've rather been anywhere else. But he plodded on and conducted himself quite well under the circumstances.

I won't deny he's a classless git at the best of times though.

For all Arsenal's possession, Wigan had the better chances and even missed scoring from better opportunities than Arsenal had. Their composure at the back showed up Arsenal's own defending for the joke it was. In such a situation I think it was perfectly fair to ask whether they'd been beaten by the better team on the day (which is also what the commentators, and Neville and his organ grinder agreed upon). Wenger dealt with that question okay - 'I fink you are bit 'arsh on uzz....' - but laughing to himself when asked about Wigan's tactics just rubbed me up completely the wrong way.

Wigan do this every year. As said on twitter multiple times, like a lazy student, doing well at the end of the year for being shit all the rest of year.

Â