SPECULATION: Marian Kello (ex-Hearts)

Bane17

Can't agree with that - Guzan's performances were easily as good as Given's IMHO. Injuries happen - it's tough luck but no player should have a guaranteed place in the side. I think that decision sent a pretty negative message to the rest of the squad too. I was delighted when we signed Given, and he's done well for us but he should have come back into the side only when(if) Guzan's performances warranted him being dropped, not because he's fit again.

Well it's all a matter of opinion isn't it?

I think Given is easily the superior keeper and Guzan, whilst doing nothing wrong, didn't do anything to prove he was better than Given.

IMO.

Guzan goes, and we bring in this lad who can't even get in to the Hearts side? And this is stengthening the squad? Oh dear.

I could be way off the mark here but I think his contract was due to expire at the end of this season. Throughout this season he had been number 1 and Hearts received an offer for him which they accepted. Kello turned this down and as a result was alienated by the club.

/my2cents

I hear you mate, but the SPL is no better than League One. We are letting a Prem class keeper, albeit a bottom 6 one go and a less effective one come in to replace him. IMO, we are not strengthening the squad with this signing.

Guzan goes, and we bring in this lad who can't even get in to the Hearts side? And this is stengthening the squad? Oh dear.

I could be way off the mark here but I think his contract was due to expire at the end of this season. Throughout this season he had been number 1 and Hearts received an offer for him which they accepted. Kello turned this down and as a result was alienated by the club.

/my2cents

I hear you mate, but the SPL is no better than League One. We are letting a Prem class keeper, albeit a bottom 6 one go and a less effective one come in to replace him. IMO, we are not strengthening the squad with this signing.

If thats the case then why have Celtic been European Champions? A long time ago yes but SPL teams still play in the Champions league.

Going by that then, Villa shouldn't have signed Petrov and Carlisle should have instead :lol:

Notes: His big injury spanned the end of 06/07 and the start of 07/08, which is why those season have low appearances.

that was mainly becasue of Harewood, Given was in serious trouble over their collision and was career threatening at 1 stage

/my2cents

If thats the case then why have Celtic been European Champions? A long time ago yes but SPL teams still play in the Champions league.

Going by that then, Villa shouldn't have signed Petrov and Carlisle should have instead :lol:

Well Steve, I think he has you there! How can we possibly be signing a weaker player than Guzan when Celtic won the European Cup 45 years ago?

Come on, you've no answer for that have you fella! :lol:

This was being flagged as a definite signing last week in some quarters. Now it is only a trial.

Maybe the powers that be are -finally- having doubts about McLeish, and are reluctant to commit to any more permanent deals if there are questions over his future? I'll look for any crumb of comfort at present!

Not slating the lads ability - don't know much about him, truth be told. Doesn't seem Hearts were desperate to keep him though. Not a great sign, that.

to be honest i know nothing about kello.

i dont rate given if i'm 100 % honest. he is a world class shot stopper but he has little to no aerial ability or comman of his area.

I have watched him closely in our last three games and crosses/corners have bounced inside the 6 yard box 11 times in 3 games - no prem class keeper should be allowing this to happen. And with our defensive frailties we need a keeper who can command at least his 6 yard box and not be bullied by opponents. Bring back Bosnich - remember how he dealt with kilnnsman? knee to the throat anyone? Love It!

I'm just mad about Salifou,

A-Salifou's mad about me.

I'm a-just mad about Salifou,

He's just mad about me.

They call me Marian Kello.

Copyright, morkery 2012

Not slating the lads ability - don't know much about him, truth be told. Doesn't seem Hearts were desperate to keep him though. Not a great sign, that.

they did, he was dropped after refusing to sign a new deal

Â