Designer1

Finally got around to ordering myself a copy - so I'll check it out when it arrives (and after I finished cycling around Jersey, remarking aloud about their funny money and indulging in some impromptu cow tipping this weekend*)

Thankfully BT have sorted an issue out with my home broadband so I now hit the heady heights of 1.6 mega bits per second (turns out builders have a thing for fitting telephone wires into sockets with the sharp ends of screwdrivers) and might actually be able to play (since the 5 minutes of beta I experienced was ruined by lag and a very temperamental graphics card).

Might even spend some time playing the game, rather than pratting about with the banner designs =P

I'll stick my battletag up here at some point (alas, my authenticator is at home and I can't remember the numbers after my chosen name =P)

* 2 of these things anyway...

Im enoying it (act 2 normal- demon hunter), but think not being able to play a single player game because of server maintainence is ridiculous. I get why- but still it took the shine off it massively for me the other day. I would hate to think this is the future of gaming. With mmos you accept it- but so far I havent played with anyone on Diablo ( and wont until I finish normal for story reasons)

Also not being able to play with friends on other servers without rerolling also sucks. I only just found that out.

I trust most of you are on European servers?

I heard a lot were defaulted to US servers at the start which didn't help with the load.

Anyway, my battletag is: futumtch#2386

Just dinged 30 and beat act 3 of normal. I have to say the auction house is almost cheating at the moment, I pretty much doubled my DPS by spending less than £20k in the AH. It seems that loads of people dont know what stuff is worth yet (and to be fair, neither do I) but searching for stuff with very specific stats and setting the maximum buyout at £2k has seen me get some absolutely insane bargains. Doing 800+dps in combat with my self buffs up (Frenzy, Battle Rage & Zerker Rage) I just burned down the end boss of act 3, Azmodan, the Lord of Sin in less than 10 seconds. Not sure how I feel about that. I guess it's all about the road to Hell though.

I'll be levelling an alt though. Im sure some getting some +primary stat & +experience gear on the AH will make the thing bloody quick.

Killed Diablo. Died during the fight, which was quite surprising as I hadnt died in ages. My own stupid fault really beat him the second time fairly comfortably. I had hit the AH so hard that none of the loot Diablo dropped was an upgrade on what I was already wearing though.

tamq0.jpg

Those are the stats my Barbarian (Mellberg) ended up with at the end of normal difficulty. He is level 32, and the stat includes the DPS buff his shout gives him.

And now all they hear are complaints. Did any of you people really play Diablo II, before the Lord of Destruction expansion?

They've been listening to players complain for years about how Uniques, Sets, and then Runewords made the game bland, because everyone was searching for and wearing the same items, and how it put such a final goal on the game. People have been asking for Blizzard to make high-rolled Rares better than Uniques for a long time. So that's what they did, and now people complain. What gives? Listening to the playerbase just seems like damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't.

People wanted Inferno to be hard. It was supposed to be an 'endgame' mode, something that would take months, if not years, to develop the skills and farm the gear to be able to beat it. That's what people asked for, that's what Blizzard delivered, and what do we hear? People expect to just cruise on through it, just equipping whatever they find on the first run like normal mode and beat it within a week.

I wonder if you'll still agree with this guy when you hit Inferno.

Not many people are annoyed that it's "hard", most people are annoyed that it's pretty trivial with ranged, while melee have it so hard.

It's the nature of Diablo that you expect to grind the same content to gear up before stepping up to the next area, but it's incredibly frustrating doing so, only because you picked the "wrong" class.

Cant log in... the games good but if it keeps up like this I'll be quickly out of patience

Yep, same here. I'm sure it will be sorted out long term but at the moment it's bloody annoying.

Just out of curiosity what sort of ping do you guys get?

The Australia lag is borderline unplayable and has the worst spikes ever. I'm really hoping blizzard do something to fix this because I won't be able to roll a HC hero till its sorted.

The lag at times can be pretty annoying yet I'm still really enjoying this. I've just hit level 50 on my Barbarian and am about to enter the last chapter on nightmare mode. The increase in difficulty has been quite good and I'm really looking forward to reaching hell difficulty. I've already died quite a few times on the present difficulty. Mainly due to my own errors...

It's supposed to be a challenge. You don't have to play inferno at the end of the day, yet if you want a challenge then it's the way forward.

Maybe you need to gear up some more from hell mode, or raid the AH.

Just hit level 56, yet I won't be playing the game for a couple of weeks after this coming Saturday. Hell is pretty tough at the moment, despite the fact that I have over 40k hp. I'm on Act II right now and am slowly getting there. I have purchased most of my gear off the AH as I seem to be really unlucky with drops, hence why my cash is so low.

I love the gear models. Here are a couple of pictures showing my character and stats:

Screenshot056-2.jpg

Screenshot054.jpg

Haha, Diablo 3 will never be on consoles.

Anyway, I think I'm done with the game. Got to Inferno and it's all grind grind which I can't be bothered with.

I think their lead designer Josh Mosqueira already said they are working on a project to bring it to console.

Â