Designer1

Anyone made a Villa banner yet? :P

VillaBanner.png

Apparently, the star is trying to escape though...

We're all happy that McLeish is gone, but I didn't expect the badge to have a hard on..

I didn't think I'd find myself playing Torchlight2 this weekend, but I am. I've got 25 hours out of Diablo which is about as much as any other game that I mostly play single player, so it's not too bad, but I can't see any point in logging in again. I've played it through twice, and it's easy and boring. The pacing between Skeleton King and, well, Act 4, is incredibly tedious. Why should I need to "work" to play the game on the difficulty I want to?

I really just don't see how they've spent 11 years on this, when there's an indie studio putting out a similar game, with better features, for a third of the price, with better replay value due to modability.

Davkaus, I'm looking forward to Torchlight 2 aswell, yet it will be the exact same thing as D3 for the most part. I agree that it has some other nice features, yet it's pretty much the same game with slightly worse graphics and some added features. I will play it but I don't think it will be as good as D3 overall.

Anyway, I finished the game on normal mode last night and had good fun. I'm going to start nightmare mode this morning and maybe roll another character.

How are you all finding it?

Davkaus, I'm looking forward to Torchlight 2 aswell, yet it will be the exact same thing as D3 for the most part. I agree that it has some other nice features, yet it's pretty much the same game with slightly worse graphics and some added features. I will play it but I don't think it will be as good as D3 overall.

Anyway, I finished the game on normal mode last night and had good fun. I'm going to start nightmare mode this morning and maybe roll another character.

I'd actually really enjoy Diablo if I could jump in on a higher difficulty like you can in other games (Torchlight is one, sorry, I don't want to turn this in to a Diablo vs TL topic).

It seems to be a staple of Blizzard games that they want you to grind and grind on content you don't enjoy before they'll let you have any fun.

Quite a few games make you play throguh the game a bit to unlock higher difficulties, but having to play through the entire game 3 times to play it on Inferno just annoys me. It is something Diablo has always done, but it just seems to me like one of those annoying things that has been removed from almost all modern games.

Can someone explain to me why so many people are outraged by single player needing an internet connection?? I can understand its annoying when the server goes down but is there any other reason to have issues with it?

Can someone explain to me why so many people are outraged by single player needing an internet connection?? I can understand its annoying when the server goes down but is there any other reason to have issues with it?

Not everyone has a stable internet connection. It's not just the server you have to worry about.

If it was an initial activation, or even if it had to phone home on every login, some people would be annoyed but nowhere near as many.

It's possible for your internet to drop for 10 seconds and to lose a significant amount of gameplay.

Plus some people play when travelling, etc.

Edit: Also, don't forget quite a lot of the Diablo community play on Hardcore mode. Losing a high level character due to connection issues when playing on single player would be the most infuriating thing in the world.

Yes. I like single player games that I can play on my laptop anywhere. You can't do that if you need an internet connection. It's not **** rocket science, surely?

Im glad the servers are down

After taking my barbarian from 1 - 60 and into inferno in less than 40 hours im now greeted with mobs which asspound me into the ground in 2 hits there is nothing i can do to stop them i have 50k health and 8k damage with over 150 resists.... and im still getting 2 shotted

Never before have i witnessed a game which favours ranged classes so much D2 was never this bad monks are having the same trouble

Time to reroll Wizard or Witch doctor like the other 90% of the player base has

I unlocked Whimseyshire with the staff of herding only to find out that i need 1.75 mill gold to unlock it on inferno difficulty what a ballache

The thing that would particularly annoy me about Diablo's always on net connection requirements is their refusal to acknowledge it was DRM first and foremost.

You can only hope it follows in Steams footprints even more (which as noted by a few, particularly the Giantbombcast, was basically the same as this on launch with HL2) and ends up being stable enough that you don't notice (along with your own connection, of course), or lets you eventually set up an offline play state.

Love the game so far...only toward the end of act 2 normal though. Though would knock a few points off the game for the always online requirement. Cause, lets face it, it does have a big impact on your overall enjoyment of the game. And though many dont believe its single player, many do just that most of the time and its what i play 90% of the time.

Quite enjoying it, but not totally blown away by it. Not a big fan of the click and move control system for one thing, but it's very playable, and jumping into games with your chums is a good laugh, although it does seem to make everything a bit easy mode.

Unlocked the hell version of Whimseyshire now and farming it cost me 500k

About 5 yellows per run if anyones interested tell me ur Bnet ID and you can join the games for loot runs

Ofc you have to be level 60 and have the ability to kill the equivalent of Act 4 Hell mobs :P

Starting to get into it now. I havent played anywhere near as much as some others here, my Barbarian is Level 12 and he is actually starting to feel like I have an element of choice and control over him now. I have picked the Templar guy as a follower, he is basically a Paladin and I am using him to throw heals at me while I just stomp stuff with a massive 2H sword I crafted. I do like how easy it appears to be to switch from tank to DPS too, being able to respec on the fly (and for free) is good so I just need some tanking gear too I guess.

I was going to level up a Witch Doctor to 10 and see how I felt about that guy, but for now I'll stick with my Barbarian. It's definitely more fun playing with somebody who is the same level as you though so hopefully I'll be able to say in the same kind of range as you Riss.

Well up for that Nays. I'll be on most evenings from 9ish or so, and am always happy to rerun missions if necessary, as the loot's always good for levelling up Blacksmithing.

though my laptop does wheeze somewhat when I am recording, it was dropping to single figure frame rates when I decided to stop recording. Maybe I should just play in 720p when I decide I want to record.

This game needs voice comms though. Seems Sie has got a Mumble server now, does everybody still have a headset? Mind you, I'll not be on in the evening for the rest of this week as I am working.

Â