Designer1

Great. Was really looking forward to playing this when I get in tonight. Fair to say my enthusiasm has been dampened somewhat :(

Don't worry as you may get in straight away. It's hit or miss really. I'm still logged in now and haven't been kicked, yet...

Villarule123, I don't have a guest pass but I will do some group stuff with you if you can play with full game owners.

GiantBomb are doing a live QuickLook of this right now.

The moment they properly went to start showing off the game, they've been hit by error after error preventing it running :crylaugh:

The game appears to be largely broken on launch - it's into the realms of unacceptability imo, that for such a big release from such a major company, they've gone to launch and gotten a situation where massive proportions of the user base are unable to play it.

I'll be interested to see whether this effects review scores. It would in a major online release, an MMO or fighter/shooter in 2012 with multi going to market and being as bust as this appears to be would be slated for it.

Obviously professional reviewers will be a bit more restrained, especially as they'll do everything they can to not piss off a big publisher like Actiblizz, but on Metacritic they're getting destroyed, and rightly so.

They got off lightly with "always online" due to the general stability of WoW, and to a lesser extent, SC2. They won't get a free pass next time.

In other news, my gear has fortunately reappeared.

Achievements are still all gone, but I don't care a great deal about them, as long as I'll still be able to play on higher difficulties.

Obviously professional reviewers will be a bit more restrained, especially as they'll do everything they can to not piss off a big publisher like Actiblizz, but on Metacritic they're getting destroyed, and rightly so.

Thats the thing, I've seen pro reviewers slate games for having broken online on launch before now. I'm just wondering whether they'll go easy on Blizzard.

The thing thats most damning about this for me is, well, partly it appears to be more than just a weight of user base thing, though thats clearly not helped, but that something has really gone wrong at Blizzards end.

In a way, I almost would take a childish glee in such a big release being completely broken. It rarely happens nowadays and to happen to something as anticipated as Diablo 3, it could be hilarious (though obviously would be shit for all you fellas wanting to play what should be a landmark release).

You have to assume they'll have it all sorted over the next couple of days but... it's not really on, is it?

Well, it's installed (had to right click the DVD icon and run as administrator) but can't get on...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

The game is great fun when you get in though.

Blizzard really need to up their game with launches though and they should have had all the issues ironed out.

I don't think it should change the scores the game gets though, as it should be down to the contents of the game itself. Much in the same way that Skyrim was a fantastic game, yet bugged to hell. Once you get into D3 it is very nice and I'm hoping it doesn't get totally slated due to issues that Blizz should have sorted.

Even if it does though, I honestly don't care. I just want to have fun with it...

On another note, I've got a Radeon 4850 graphics card and it keeps telling me that it isn't compatible or some rubbish when I launch the game. I have to hit escape. Minor thing, yet it gets rather annoying as you shouldn't really need to do that.

When was the last time you updated your graphics card drivers? I'm sure Radeon will have put some out today for Diablo 3.

It certainly is.

Rev, apparently the 4800 series didn't need to be updated. I tried before the update and after, yet am still getting the same issue. It's not that bad, yet is a little annoying...

Now I keep getting loads of lag and kicked out of the game for some reason. Oh well, can't be arsed to try to get back in today.

By the way, one of the cinematics in particular is bloody great.

Â