Designer1

I completed the PC version on release but I've just bought the PS4 version of this.  I know everybody already knows, but it's surprisingly brilliant on consoles isn't it?  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I completed the PC version on release but I've just bought the PS4 version of this.  I know everybody already knows, but it's surprisingly brilliant on consoles isn't it?  

Even though i've put quite a few hours into the PC version, this is one of my favourite PS4 games and I think it works incredibly well on console.

Plus, Blizzard seem intent on releasing new content for it from time to time which keeps it all nice and fresh. I've spent many an hour on it and managed to get the Platinum trophy.

Yeah, it got patched to version 2.4 last month.  I'm not sure the changes mean to a guy like me who's not played it in at least two years but they really have done an amazing job with the port. 

Disappointing you you can't bring your PC characters to console though. 

Edited by The_Rev

I've managed to make Greater Rift 60 so far this season with the new thorns Crusader, really nice change of design and play style. I should be able to go 70+ if I get the damn ring I need to drop. 2.4 has been an excellent patch, they keep adding bits of content and improving the game step by step. Item set dungeons are pretty cool, with some nice cosmetic rewards if you're prepared to put the hours in. It's a great game, it really is but it still has this lingering issue that it can't quite keep your attention for more than a couple of weeks of a season, unless you're a real hardcore player going to top leaderboards.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Got max level on all classes but I think Witch Doctor and Crusader are the most fun.

I'm playing with Nayson (guest appearance in his video) but my Crusader feels really weak at level 40. Any tips on what I should be doing?

Also, come play D3 on PS4 with us sometime.

I'm still beasting this on Xbox one, working towards some builds I have in mind. I'm re rolling most of my ancient stuff/items right now, trying to squeeze the smallest amount I can out of the builds.

if you want some high end ,end game builds look at icy-veins.com this is my witch doctor build and & is prob my fav right now 

http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/witch-doctor-carnevil-poison-build-with-zunimassas-haunt-patch-2-4

ive played Diablo since the second on PC & always picked the barbarian/paladin(crusader) but I have to say I'm loving not using the "big guys" right now....I'm destroying greater rifts on level t10/75 but getting to that point where I need a crew to get higher. 

Dinged 70 and beat the campaign with Sie last night.  Running around in rifts now, can't believe how much Blizzard have done to this game since I last played it.  Very impressed. 

Trying to find the sweet spot in difficulty now.  Just soloed a rift at Torment 1 difficulty without dying while playing as a Wizard with zero CC and few defensive abilities.  Gonna see what Torment 2 is like. 

It was the first thing I tried after dinging 70. I unloaded my entire mana pool into the first mob on Act 1, getting him down to maybe 98% health.

He punched me in the face for 650k and I died. :(

• Like 1

On 2/11/2016 at 16:27, The_Rev said:

It was the first thing I tried after dinging 70. I unloaded my entire mana pool into the first mob on Act 1, getting him down to maybe 98% health.

He punched me in the face for 650k and I died. :(

I dropped you and Sie a little bit of gold yesterday. Might help the gearing up a bit :)

And there was me thinking a cool couple of mill might help :D (i'm sitting on 70 Billion gold so I know what you mean about lack of things to spend it on)

For me, it mostly went on repairs, transmogs and crafting. Once I hit 70 I always seemed to have way better gear than anything the vendors had on offer.

Logged on yesterday for the first time in ages and did a few rifts - I like the idea of the set dungeons, might have to investigate further at some point. 

I've lost a little bit of enthusiasm since I got the Platinum trophy (i'm on around Paragon Level 7000) but I can't deny it's one of the best games i've played the last few years.

45 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

(i'm sitting on 70 Billion gold so I know what you mean about lack of things to spend it on).

You could probably sign Paul Pogba for the Villa on a five year contract with that much!

Public games are garbage, they're full of people using hacked gear. I haven't played or opened a public game in ages (learnt my lesson doing that once) but once you see someone with modded gear you will never see anything even close to that good. 3 sockets with every item & all gems at level 150....make me sad that you can even buy this stuff off eBay!

Did a solo run with monk torment 10 level 77 yesterday,  used thr inna's mystic ally build. So awesome 

The modding is why I don't play on Xbox One and PS4 as I like playing in public lobbies mainly to carry other players still refining their builds.. At one point I used to be somewhat annoyed that Diablo 3 was always-online on PC, but having seen the state of the PS4 version I don't mind it half a much.. The worst anyone can do on PC these days is buy illegal gold or bot so their character plays without their control, but both are actively watched for and will get you included on the list when Blizzard decide to do a ban wave..

Soloed though a Torment 7 greater rift with my wizard. Don't have the firepower to do it in the time limit just yet but being able to hang in Torment 10 isn't as far away as I'd first thought. 

20 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Soloed though a Torment 7 greater rift with my wizard. Don't have the firepower to do it in the time limit just yet but being able to hang in Torment 10 isn't as far away as I'd first thought. 

This is my go to wizard build, it's also quite a lazy one in that you only use one power to deal damage. The rest are to enchance damage/protect you, the skills/items work well & im able to clear a T10 level 70 solo with this one.

http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/wizard-fire-build-with-the-firebird-set-patch-2-4

Â