Designer1

Patch 2.1 is live now for RoS on PC. It's the first major patch for RoS with a huge amount of changes to further improve the game. Loooaads of new things: including legendary upgradable gems, various new rift challenges. A 'season' where you can start a new character each season to do various tasks and challenges, which works towards a ladder system. Each season offers new rewards and legendaries. Loads of new class updates and stuff. It's nice to see the game really coming up to scratch now, it's hugely fun at end game.

It wouldn't surprise me to see an entire new expansion soon, as RoS was pretty much just an expansion to improve the game after they sacked the lead developer. So yeah, definitely worth checking out. I managed to make it into a treasure goblin's vault last night. :lol: 

goblintreasure_zps295d7519.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Considering picking it up at some point, I must confess I've never actually played any of the Diablo games.

giphy.gif

I can heartily recommend it.

I've ploughed hundreds of hours into the PC version and still wanted to play it on console. After a shaky launch and some bad decisions (real money Auction House i'm looking at you) (sorry donnie) it's now the game it should have been when it (the PC version) (sorry again donnie) was first launched.

And as I said, the PS4 version is as polished as **** and translates beautifully.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

Just beat it on the normal mode. As a first time Diablo player, what is the best move from here? Shall I just move it upto the highest difficulty and play the story again or do adventure mode on the hardest.

It says something that the best game i've played so far on PS4 is a game i've been playing on PC for a couple of years  :)

It works so well on console though, and 'couch co-op' is great fun.

Just beat it on the normal mode. As a first time Diablo player, what is the best move from here? Shall I just move it upto the highest difficulty and play the story again or do adventure mode on the hardest.

I would get the difficulty as high as possible as soon as possible as the drops and extra XP are well worth the effort  - ive just beaten Diablo and moved onto the expansion phase and i'm playing it on Master. 

Have cobbled together the pennies to get a second game along with FIFA on Friday, thinking it should probably be this then.

If you do get it, i'll jump on for a bit of co-op with you. Hopefully hit 70 tonight on my imba Crusader B)

• Like 1

O I just started playing this again, completed normal mode when it first came out, going for a second run on same character (currently level 40) Is reaper of souls expansion worth getting? Or do I need ot max my level? What's different about it?

First major update for the PS4 version with brand new content hits today

The first major content update for Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition is coming today! We’re so excited to deliver patch 2.1.0 to PS4 and can’t wait for you to venture into The Vault, explore the murky corners of The Cesspools, level up your Legendary Gems, and find out just how far you can push your hero in Greater Rifts.

So, what’s new and improved in patch 2.1.0? Let’s take a look!

You would have appreciated the Rift I was in last night.

Started off, just myself with the 'Invite All' setting clicked. Playing on Torment level 1.

After a couple of minutes I was joined by two further participants of similar Paragon level at which point the 'percent before end level boss appears' was around 20%.

Cue the final addition to the group of four. A Demon Hunter with a Paragon level of...349.

Needless to say the percentage level began to jump quite considerably to the 100% mark whilst the Demon Hunter cut through swathes of enemy mobs like a pissed up bloke from Pensnett making his way to the bar for last orders.

The three of us sat back and watched as he soloed the boss with relative ease so the rest of us could pick up our ridiculously un-earned loot.

Glorious. :thumb:

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

I originally made a Witch Doctor and got most of the Jade Harvester set. It's pretty overpowered with my 200 million crits. Made a Demon hunter and now have the Marauder's set. What crazy set bonus that set has. Setting up 5 sentries and just sit back and let them do the work.

Â