Designer1

I know there was an open beta but will there be a demo for this?

I've never played a Diablo game before so I'm not very willing to part with £30 when I'm not sure whether I'll like it..

I'd be surprised too. This is one of the most anticipated PC games of the past decade, Blizzard wont need to have a demo to sell it. The thing will shift a ton of units. Speaking of which, I really need to get my desktop set up again.

Are any of you going to be on it tonight come 11:01pm? I'm sure the servers will be getting hammered, yet hopefully they are prepared after the stress test.

Hopefully I'll be able to put in 2-3 hours and then get some sleep before work. I may even get in and sleep between 8:30-10pm. It's so close now.

Also, what class are you all rolling? I'm sure I'll get through all of them given time, yet I think I'll go with a Barbarian or Wizard first. I wasn't too fond of the Barbarian in the beta, yet I'm going to give it another go.

I know there was an open beta but will there be a demo for this?

I've never played a Diablo game before so I'm not very willing to part with £30 when I'm not sure whether I'll like it..

Yes, I believe there will be a 'demo' version shortly. It will be known as the starter edition, which is pretty much the content we saw for the beta.

Diablo Starter Edition Explained

Not long to go now. Brought it online from Blizzard. Shall probably begin with Barbarian first.

I was watching gameplay vids earlier today and I think I might go Barbarian. Looks a lot of fun.

Won't be on until tomorrow night as i've gone for the box version.

Monk was certainly the most fun to play in the Beta, but of course that was only the first few levels without most spells unlocked. I'll probably opt for witch doctor though :)

Anyone not expecting the servers to completely implode?

I've got some bad news for you then because Blizzard have a lot of fans and they're all trying to play your game at the same time.

Yeah, it's to be expected. If WoW expansions and SC2 have been anything to go by, it'll be terrible for 30 minutes or so, then as more people gradually trickle through, everyone should start to be able to login.

What did you want them to do, buy tonnes of extra server infrastructure that'll only ever be used for the first couple of hours?

People have waited 11 years, another hour or two won't kill them.

Hardest thing for me about the Beta, was installing the Beta..

It seems the full game is going the same way for me.

The installer is a buggy piece of ****

Should get an achievement for just installing the game! :P

Â